Register now to remove this ad

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: GOM's plan for Yankee dominance

Evil Emperor

Re: GOM's plan for Yankee dominance

I didn't say anyone was a victim, I said I don't see the point for you guys (all of you, Gom included) to have an 11 page argument about this. It's stupid. Agree to disagree, but don't go back and forth with insults for 11 god damn pages. That was Gom's opinion, erroneous or not there was no reason for you guys to blow this up into what it has become. This was a legitimate thread at one point and now it resides here in the wastelands of talksox.com (aka the Anything Goes forum)...and for what reason? Based on what I have read it seems like people like some people like picking fights regardless of the topic at hand. A yankee fan could say the grass is green and some Sox fans would disagree just for the sake of arguing with a Yankee fan.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;499878;
    I didn't say anyone was a victim, I said I don't see the point for you guys (all of you, Gom included) to have an 11 page argument about this. It's stupid. Agree to disagree, but don't go back and forth with insults for 11 god damn pages. That was Gom's opinion, erroneous or not there was no reason for you guys to blow this up into what it has become. This was a legitimate thread at one point and now it resides here in the wastelands of talksox.com (aka the Anything Goes forum)
    The argument between Gom and i was legit. He backed up with stats and analysis but so do i, it could've gone 100 pages, but it was muddled with unnecessary personal attacks.

The analysis would have sufficed, and this wouldn't have been moved to AG.
    WAR is good for something.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;499692;
    His interleague OPS is .880 with 2009.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...ma01&year=&t=b
    Ummm.....most of the interleague stats came aginst the NL since he was with the AL team.

More lies.....
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;499965;
    Ummm.....most of the interleague stats came aginst the NL since he was with the AL team.

More lies.....
    Hahahaha.

You're so confused it's funny.

Think about it. Slowly.

More lies.....
    You just don't quit do you? When you are wrong you just throw fuel on the fire and expect people actually to find you reliable. You make me laugh. I finally thought you actually did the smart thing and realize you were wrong and give up.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;499878;
    I didn't say anyone was a victim, I said I don't see the point for you guys (all of you, Gom included) to have an 11 page argument about this. It's stupid. Agree to disagree, but don't go back and forth with insults for 11 god damn pages. That was Gom's opinion, erroneous or not there was no reason for you guys to blow this up into what it has become. This was a legitimate thread at one point and now it resides here in the wastelands of talksox.com (aka the Anything Goes forum)...and for what reason? Based on what I have read it seems like people like some people like picking fights regardless of the topic at hand. A yankee fan could say the grass is green and some Sox fans would disagree just for the sake of arguing with a Yankee fan.
    I for one agree with Gom that signing Holliday is a mistake. He's provided stats and analysis to back up all his reasons for thinking that (I on the other hand wouldn't have gone to that extreme, I just don't like the guy, let him stay in the NL. The Mets could use a LFer) and the only rebut any of you guys have made is to attack him, tell him he's wrong when the numbers are staring you right in the face, and carrying on a pointless argument for far too long now.
    o rly nao?
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

More lies.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;499879 View Post
    The argument between Gom and i was legit. He backed up with stats and analysis but so do i, it could've gone 100 pages, but it was muddled with unnecessary personal attacks.

The analysis would have sufficed, and this wouldn't have been moved to AG.
    My point exactly. It was the personal attacks that doomed it

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;499974;
    My point exactly. It was the personal attacks that doomed it
    Read the argument, check who attacked who.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;499967;
    Hahahaha.

You're so confused it's funny.

Think about it. Slowly.
    I misread what you wrote. I stand corrected on this point.

However...how many of these numbers were compiled in Coors? Fair assumption to say half?

I'll be happy to keep the Holliday thing going in this one, and leave it out of the other one.

Dipre, explain to me one thing.

If you are right, and he hit .341 on inside fastballs, and obviously does very well against them...

Why would the Dodgers SPECIFICALLY attack him there?

Throwing 34 pitches as fastballs out of 36, and 20 of those pitches inside, is hardly an accident.

Why attack his strength, according to you?

Explain. Inquiring minds want to know.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;499711;
    JD Drew has been worth every cent of his salary, and Holliday will be worth every cent of his salary as well.
    You will live to eat these words if he signs with an AL team.

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;499989;
    Dipre, explain to me one thing.

If you are right, and he hit .341 on inside fastballs, and obviously does very well against them...

Why would the Dodgers SPECIFICALLY attack him there?

Throwing 34 pitches as fastballs out of 36, and 20 of those pitches inside, is hardly an accident.

Why attack his strength, according to you?

Explain. Inquiring minds want to know.
    There are these things called slumps. He faced 36 total pitches. Its all the way you set up the pitch. A fastball away change the eye level and you can screw up a hitter and have him over stride on pitch at his hands.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;499991;
    There are these things called slumps. He faced 36 total pitches. Its all the way you set up the pitch. A fastball away change the eye level and you can screw up a hitter and have him over stride on pitch at his hands.
    That's not Gom's question though. He's asking why the Dodgers would choose to attack that way.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;499992;
    That's not Gom's question though. He's asking why the Dodgers would choose to attack that way.
    And i answered. they could have attacked away and then jammed him on the interior on the strength of him.

Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;499994;
    And i answered. they could have attacked away and then jammed him on the interior on the strength of him.
    You answered why he might've struggled, not why the Dodgers employed that exact strategy. Although the numbers do not back it up, they might have seen something in Holliday's approach that would lead them to believe he is susceptible to the inside fastball.