Register now to remove this ad

Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite TV shows?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I thought Dexters first three or so seasons were really good, then it started going downhill, still watchable but getting steadily worse.. and I despised the ending. I don’t want to spoil it but would love to hear your thoughts when you get there lol.
    Everyone hated the ending of Dexter. It might be the worst series ending episode in broadcasting history...

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Everyone hated the ending of Dexter. It might be the worst series ending episode in broadcasting history...
    GoT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

I think I hated the ending of GOT more. At least Dexted I watched after it aired on TV and binged it when it was on Netflix. Game of Thrones I was watching when it was on TV, and I waited two years for that absolutely horrible final season and episode. Literally felt like they destroyed everything that happened before with an ending like that.

I thought the ending to Dexter was horrible, too, and the first few seasons were better than the last ones, but overall the series was a solid plus.

The ending to GOT was disappointing, but I don’t think it destroyed the show.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

I think I hated the ending of GOT more. At least Dexted I watched after it aired on TV and binged it when it was on Netflix. Game of Thrones I was watching when it was on TV, and I waited two years for that absolutely horrible final season and episode. Literally felt like they destroyed everything that happened before with an ending like that.
    When people were leaking the plot points of the final episode of GOT, nobody thought they were legit. That's how bad the finale was.

I hope that zombie GRRRRMartin's final book just undercuts the entirety of season 8.
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I thought the ending to Dexter was horrible, too, and the first few seasons were better than the last ones, but overall the series was a solid plus.

GoT fandom would disagree with you. People were obsessed with the books and the tv show. That wet fart just destroyed the fandom.
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78;[B
    [/B]1373027]GoT fandom would disagree with you. People were obsessed with the books and the tv show. That wet fart just destroyed the fandom.
    I never read the books or paid Attention to scuttle but, so maybe that’s why the rather lame ending did not shatter my take on the show as a whole.

This is how I compare the two endings. Dexter kind of needed to end at that point anyway. It was a good show, it had a good run and was the ending awful? Yes. But it didn’t ruin the rest of the show. Game of Thrones on the other hand was a show where the final season was expected to answer a lot of questions we had, it had a lot of hype with a lot of wars about to happen, they even delayed the final season a full year.. all for it to be a complete shit show where no one was happy. When you put that much hype into a final season and leave everyone disappointed, it really ruins the show IMO

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    GoT?
    I concur that was the main competition.

I think Dexter had a worse ending, but as GoT was a better show overall, it was more disappointing...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

I could still watch seasons 1 though 7 again...

This is how I compare the two endings. Dexter kind of needed to end at that point anyway. It was a good show, it had a good run and was the ending awful? Yes. But it didn’t ruin the rest of the show. Game of Thrones on the other hand was a show where the final season was expected to answer a lot of questions we had, it had a lot of hype with a lot of wars about to happen, they even delayed the final season a full year.. all for it to be a complete shit show where no one was happy. When you put that much hype into a final season and leave everyone disappointed, it really ruins the show IMO
    I can see your point, but the show was too good to be ruined by a bad last show.

I also don’t feel like many loose ends were left.

Deity
    I think the main difference was with GoT, the entire final season was really questionable, to be kind. By the time we got to the final episode, most fans were just flat out dispoointed already. With Dexter, they just sort of threw this bizarre ending out there and it was a lot of "What the fuck?"

Now "Breaking Bad", there was a show that knew how to end properly...

Go back and finish the first season. It does start very slow but gets a lot better...
    Re: Bojack
    You were right. After the 2nd episode, I was hooked. Needed to be in the right mood I guess.
    I get MV Pee.

Holy shit. The JD Salinger episode of Bojack...
    I get MV Pee.

I think the main difference was with GoT, the entire final season was really questionable, to be kind. By the time we got to the final episode, most fans were just flat out dispoointed already. With Dexter, they just sort of threw this bizarre ending out there and it was a lot of "What the fuck?"

Now "Breaking Bad", there was a show that knew how to end properly...
    It all comes down to the writers. Vince Gilligan is as good as it gets. He knows what people want and how to get it to them, but he has a lot of fun in the process. In Breaking Bad there were hardly ever any unsatisfying loose ends to stories. You generally found out what you wanted to find out.

Some people hated the way "The Sopranos" ended. I was fine with it.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.