Register now to remove this ad

Page 52 of 129 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 NFL Football Thread

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Re: 2009 NFL Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;503014;
    You're adding a negative connotation to my action, which I find unwarranted.

First off, the whole notion of entering a conversation that I'm not a part of is ridiculous. As I stated in the post you quoted, this is a public forum. If a conversation is taking place in one of the threads, and I'm interested, I feel that I'm completely in the right to partake in that discussion.

As for how I entered the conversation, I don't see a problem with that either. Using a little bit of sarcasm, without any personal insults, in an effort to illustrate a point, is hardly taking a shot at someone.
    No.

You're adding the negative connotation to it.

You can enter as many conversations as you want.

However, you seem to have a beef with her. Entering the discussion and starting shitstorms are completely different things.

As i stated before, it's unlike you. But you are doing it.
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;503014;
    You're adding a negative connotation to my action, which I find unwarranted.

First off, the whole notion of entering a conversation that I'm not a part of is ridiculous. As I stated in the post you quoted, this is a public forum. If a conversation is taking place in one of the threads, and I'm interested, I feel that I'm completely in the right to partake in that discussion.

As for how I entered the conversation, I don't see a problem with that either. Using a little bit of sarcasm, without any personal insults, in an effort to illustrate a point, is hardly taking a shot at someone.
    It's different when you burst into an argument and take a sarcastic shot against me twice in two weeks. It's something that I see as confrontational, and normally, I enjoy debate with you, because you're probably my favorite non-Sox fan on this board. My problem lies within you doing this twice in two weeks. I'll find the other post if you wish. Actually, that's what I'll do right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;503011;
    I was going to stay of this, but for the sake of fairness:

Y228 is one of my favorite posters here, but it's true that he has taken sarcastic shots on her on conversations he wasn't a part of.

So you're out of line.

You're just a fucking dick who likes to "show" he knows more than everyone else and usually adds absolutely nothing but your "expertise" which is usually just blatant bullshit to the discussion.

Love how you take the chance to gang up and be a fucking dick. As usual.

Just my .02. Fire away.

Seconded, see Fantasy Football Thread/Beatdown.

You stated that I do that in every thread. Clearly an intentional exaggeration, but one that holds no merit, because it's something I've done twice (as you admitted). I also don't find sarcasm, if presented in a calm manner, to be confrontational. I guess we have different views on that.

Regardless, I would be very curious to hear a moderator's opinion on whether my actions are out of hand, and a negative to the community.

so how about this monday night game ?

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;503016;
    Entering the discussion and starting shitstorms are completely different things.
    Wha....

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre
    You're just a fucking dick who likes to "show" he knows more than everyone else and usually adds absolutely nothing but your "expertise" which is usually just blatant bullshit to the discussion.

Love how you take the chance to gang up and be a fucking dick. As usual.

Just my .02. Fire away.
    Not for nothing, but pretty much every discussion you get into becomes a shitstorm, and it's directly because of tone like this.

This isn't sarcasm, or gotcha, and I don't care what you say in response. Them's the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;503019;
    You stated that I do that in every thread. Clearly an intentional exaggeration, but one that holds no merit, because it's something I've done twice (as you admitted). I also don't find sarcasm, if presented in a calm manner, to be confrontational. I guess we have different views on that.

Regardless, I would be very curious to hear a moderator's opinion on whether my actions are out of hand, and a negative to the community.
    That's the point. It's completely out of line with your usual behavior, so of course it's seen as confrontational.

My objective is to help bury the hatchet, not ignite a flame war. Sorry if it seems otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;503018;
    I've been holding that one in for a couple weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;503021;
    Wha....

Not for nothing, but pretty much every discussion you get into becomes a shitstorm, and it's directly because of tone like this.

This isn't sarcasm, or gotcha, and I don't care what you say in response. Them's the facts.
    Yeah, but it was in response to YH saying that arguing for the sake of arguing gets me off. He was being a complete asshole, as usual.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;503021;

You should however, acknowledge that my shitstorm/convo ratio has toned down significantly. I won't deny it, but in this particular case, i simply couldn't keep it on.

Think what you will.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;503019;

Twice in two weeks is ridiculous. Taking sarcastic shots at one person, just bursting into an argument and taking shots, twice in two weeks, that means you obviously are the one with the beef. Not me.

Dipre, if anything, because of my usual behavior, it should not be seen as confrontational. It should be seen as an attempt to illustrate a point using sarcasm.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules;503020;
    so how about this monday night game ?
    Very impressive. The way things look right now, the NFC Championship game, which is looking like it will be the Vikes and Saints, will be the defacto Super Bowl, IMO. Those two teams are clearly the best two teams in football right now.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;503018;
    Yeah, exactly.

Deity

Pats have absolutely no answer for the Saints right now.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;503026;
    Dipre, if anything, because of my usual behavior, it should not be seen as confrontational. It should be seen as an attempt to illustrate a point using sarcasm.
    If you put it that way, it's one way to see it, however, it just seemed so strange man. Again, it's just completely out of character for you.

Remember, you're the only liked Yankee fan on this board. There's a reason for that.