Register now to remove this ad

Page 51 of 129 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 NFL Football Thread

Deity

Re: 2009 NFL Football Thread

Emmz, I don't know what your beef with y228 is, but he certainly isn't a troll, and is the most respectful non Red Sox fan on this board.

What is he saying that is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;503001;
    Emmz, I don't know what your beef with y228 is, but he certainly isn't a troll, and is the most respectful non Red Sox fan on this board.

What is he saying that is wrong?
    He starts arguments with a sarcastic remark towards me in every thread, and it's irritating as hell. I'm not even having an argument with the guy, and then he comes in and says something sarcastic. It's happened twice in the past week or so, and it's annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

This is my rifle....

Is it just me, or has Maroney been finishing runs more the last couple of weeks? It's like he's a different player.

Deity

In all honesty, if sarcastic comments cause this much of a problem, then you should have a problem with 99% of this board, not just him.

I think he's presenting his arguments just fine, and is not really saying anything inflammatory. Certainly no more inflammatory then things like "protip".

Just my $.02.

I used protip maybe twice, for people who honestly seem disconnected with the situation, and to fight fire with fire. I've stated that already. And I've had plenty of incidents on this board caused by sarcastic statements towards me. See all of the old fights with J_E. Also, his argument is just fine, I've stated nothing against the quality of his argument, just the sarcastic remark. That's all.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Emmz argues for the sake of arguing. Must get her off or something.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;503006;
    Isn't this a sports discussion board?
    WAR is good for something.

Deity

Hey now sir, you best watch that sarcasm!

Taking a cheap shot? Damn, why am I not surprised it's by YanksHater. Listen, love, I'd love to let your arguments just stay untouched, but last I checked, this is a sports forum. Just because I disagree with the mighty YH doesn't mean that I disagree just for the sake of disagreement.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;503008;

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;503008;
    I was going to stay of this, but for the sake of fairness:

Y228 is one of my favorite posters here, but it's true that he has taken sarcastic shots on her on conversations he wasn't a part of.

So you're out of line.

You're just a fucking dick who likes to "show" he knows more than everyone else and usually adds absolutely nothing but your "expertise" which is usually just blatant bullshit to the discussion.

Love how you take the chance to gang up and be a fucking dick. As usual.

Just my .02. Fire away.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;503005;
    I used protip maybe twice, for people who honestly seem disconnected with the situation, and to fight fire with fire. I've stated that already. And I've had plenty of incidents on this board caused by sarcastic statements towards me. See all of the old fights with J_E. Also, his argument is just fine, I've stated nothing against the quality of his argument, just the sarcastic remark. That's all.
    I made a comment on your use of "protip", in this instance, because you weren't fighting fire with fire, as you have claimed to do in the past. It was used in response to a respectful post (in my opinion), for YH.

As for my sarcastic comment, it wasn't meant to upset anyone. You had mentioned the fact that Favre is a "gamer" multiple times. I was responding to that notion, and I was using a little bit of sarcasm to illustrate my point. I found it to be appropriate, while you didn't. So be it.

I also don't you see you can have an issue with me entering the argument. This is a public forum, not a place for individual conversations. If you want to have that, there is a private messaging option. The discussion interested me, and I decided to partake in it.

As for my overall use of sarcasm, how many times have I burst into an argument with it?

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;503012;
    I made a comment on your use of "protip", in this instance, because you weren't fighting fire with fire, as you have claimed to do in the past. It was used in response to a respectful post (in my opinion), for YH.

As for my sarcastic comment, it wasn't meant to upset anyone. You had mentioned the fact that Favre is a "gamer" multiple times. I was responding to that notion, and I was using a little bit of sarcasm to illustrate my point. I found it to be appropriate, while you didn't. So be it.

I also don't you see you can have an issue with me entering the argument. This is a public forum, not a place for individual conversations. If you want to have that, there is a private messaging option. The discussion interested me, and I decided to partake in it.

As for my overall use of sarcasm, how many times have I burst into an argument with it?
    Listen man, as i stated earlier, i really like you, but it's not the first time she's arguing with someone else and you burst into the fray taking a shot.

It's not like you, so i have no idea why you're doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;503013;
    Listen man, as i stated earlier, i really like you, but it's not the first time she's arguing with someone else and you burst into the fray taking a shot.

It's not like you, so i have no idea why you're doing it.
    You're adding a negative connotation to my action, which I find unwarranted.

First off, the whole notion of entering a conversation that I'm not a part of is ridiculous. As I stated in the post you quoted, this is a public forum. If a conversation is taking place in one of the threads, and I'm interested, I feel that I'm completely in the right to partake in that discussion.

As for how I entered the conversation, I don't see a problem with that either. Using a little bit of sarcasm, without any personal insults, in an effort to illustrate a point, is hardly taking a shot at someone.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;503012;
    It was a respectful post, however, it was a post that made m say... Did he miss something? Protip is used to introduce someone to something, and I use it either to fight fire with fire, or to introduce someone to a fact that they had either:

A. Disregarded

or

B. Did not know of

Sarcasm is always confrontational, and you should know that. My point is legitimate.

That's beside the point. The point was that you entered an argument with a sarcastic remark towards me, the second time in the matter of a couple of weeks that this has happened.

Second time in two weeks. It's starting to get out of hand.