Register now to remove this ad

Page 101 of 129 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1921

Thread: 2009 NFL Football Thread

Re: 2009 NFL Football Thread

Quote Originally Posted by msubulldogs21;517967;
    As for the nightcap, I'm going Colts 23, Ravens 17.
    I'll go Ravens 24 Colts 17, I'm gonna call the upset, am I sure about it? absolutely not but the Ravens can run the ball and play good D and they are doing it effectively recently and if needed to Flacco is a plenty capable passer, not to mention the Colts are a bit overrated, have a very questionable D and will probably not have the possession time that the Ravens will, it should be a good game, and the only reason I lean towards the Ravens is a gut feeling, nothing I'd call my bookie about.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;517969;
    not to mention the Colts are a bit overrated
    I've said this the entire year. I hope Baltimore (or maybe SD next week) proves me right.

Quote Originally Posted by msubulldogs21;517971;
    I've said this the entire year. I hope Baltimore (or maybe SD next week) proves me right.
    I honestly think that SD is the best team in the AFC, and I think they win the AFC and beat the Jets pretty handily (although I don't want to underestimate the god damn Jets too much)
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Yeah ....the Colts are sure overated , 14-2 and in the final 4

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules;517993;
    Yeah ....the Colts are sure overated , 14-2 and in the final 4
    I still think they are a bit overrated, but they are still one of the best 4 teams in the NFL, I give an edge to San Diego still though.

and btw my prediction was pretty far off the mark lol.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;517959;
    What about the kicker or punter. Why hit him like that unless you are trying to knock him out of the game? WR have the same penalty when they are in the air and hit in the upper chest.

But this is a Man's game lets put you in that position as a the QB who is smaller than a LB DE DT and get hit like that. Let him knock you out.
    If a QB, kicker, or punter is running with some clear intention of potentially making an impact on the play, they are fair game. If I'm on the Cardinals side line, I'm thinking "holy shit he just got popped", and not thinking of revenge. That's the game of football, and that's how football players see it.

Warner was clearly running over to try to make a stop... if they don't clearly take themselves out of the play, then they can't expect not to get flattened.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;517960;
    Are you okay with the hit on brady into the legs? Should the NFL banish the Roughing the kicker and passer and unnecessary roughness.
    You have a strong misunderstanding of the reasons for these rules.

The purpose of these rules is not to protect guys simply because of their roster position. Rather, the purpose of these rules is to protect them during the performance of duties in those positions, specifically, to protect them while they are defenseless. A running back is trying his hardest not to get tackled, so any and all means that don't involve grabbing the equipment (facemask / horsecollar) are acceptable. Kickers and QBs are not trying to avoid being tackled (not primarily). They are trying to perform something else despite the threat of being tackled, which makes their bodies vulnerable to the physical nature of the game. The league stepped in afforded them some protection. Later, they realized WRs were also at risk, so they prohibited the most violent contact on the field.

When any player from any one of these positions is not performing the specific thing that puts them at risk (kicking, throwing, catching), he is just another player on the field. Players on the field that engage and attempt to impact the action are fair game. End of story.

Now, I think the league has gone overboard with some of this stuff. The "hand to the head" that nullified the Sharper pick in the first half is a good example of a bad application of a good rule.

Legend

The Colts came to play against the Ravens--a good team. Wow, what a contrast to the Patriots, who looked listless in the 1Q against the Ravens. You wonder if Belichick didn't kill that team mentally trading Seymour and then pulling that 4th and 2 brainfart against Indy.

Legend

I'd like to see the Jets get hammered good by the Chargers. They swaggered out the gate at the start of the season, got put in their proper place, and now are swaggering again after they backed into the playoffs the last two games of the season against playoff bound teams looking to avoid injuries.

I'd like the see the Cowboys win this one

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules;518016;
    I'd like the see the Cowboys win this one
    as would I, but I gotta admit, this game has been scaring the shit out of me.

awfull coaching by dallas

they should have went for it on 4 and 1 there , especially since they've been running the ball very good up to this point

WOW... if the dalls DB was looking he could have had a pick

Dallas playing poor early on

Was that the sound of Emmz cheering? I could hear it all the way here in NY.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I'm predicting a Cowboys win, but that's because I want the Vikings to win.