Thread: Senator Schilling?

Re: Senator Schilling?

Quote Originally Posted by BSN07;468950;
    Schilling/Nixon 2012!:lol::lol:

Dirt and Curt, all the way!
    Very catchy.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by BSN07;468950;
    Schilling/Nixon 2012!:lol::lol:

Dirt and Curt, all the way!
    someone needs to make T-Shirts so I can have one lol

Dirt
    and
    Curt
    '12
    Dirtdog Party?
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;468951;
    Me too. Just for the record if Schilling was black, I'd vote for him. I wouldn't for O.J. because he never won anything for the Red Sox.
    exactly.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Schilling vs. Coakley.

I'd vote Coakley.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;468961;
    Schilling vs. Coakley.

I'd vote Coakley.
    well Im not in Mass. so I cant really agree or disagree, Its up to the people in that voting district so it really doesnt matter what I think

Schilling: Senate campaign chance `slim to none'
    By Glen Johnson
    AP Political Writer / September 3, 2009
    E-mail this article
    To:
    Invalid email address
    Add a personal message: Your e-mail:
    Invalid email address
    Sending your article
    Your article has been sent.

* Email|
    * Print|
    * Yahoo! Buzz|
    * ShareThis

Text size – +

BOSTON—Former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling says the chances of him running to replace Democrat Edward M. Kennedy in the U.S. Senate are "slim to none" but he will not rule it out.
    Discuss
    COMMENTS (11)

The three-time World Series champion told WEEI-AM on Thursday he retired from baseball in March to spare his family the downside of the public spotlight. He has also invested millions in his fledgling video-gaming business, 38 Studios.

Yet, he said, Massachusetts has "one of the most corrupt, laughable political scenes" and needs fresh political blood.

Schilling he's never held political office, but also has no ties to special interests.

Kennedy died last week of brain cancer at age 77. A special election will be Jan. 19.

Schilling has campaigned for Republicans, but would have to run as an independent because his voter status is "unenrolled."
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I have just bought a house, essentially locking me into Massachusetts for a long time. I also hate Curt Schilling. But I think he would be a GREAT senator. Why? Cause he is very politically active, he's honest to a fault, and you know he will put in the work. I would love to have a guy like him in office rather than the two-faced suits who seem to do a great job shitting on the commonwealth. And the question of him being qualified is in the eye of the beholder I guess. He hasnt drowned any chicks in lakes, so maybe he needs to get on with that before he starts his political career.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;468970;
    I have just bought a house, essentially locking me into Massachusetts for a long time. I also hate Curt Schilling. But I think he would be a GREAT senator. Why? Cause he is very politically active, he's honest to a fault, and you know he will put in the work. I would love to have a guy like him in office rather than the two-faced suits who seem to do a great job shitting on the commonwealth. And the question of him being qualified is in the eye of the beholder I guess. He hasnt drowned any chicks in lakes, so maybe he needs to get on with that before he starts his political career.
    Schilling might just be popular enough in Boston to not have to drown anyone...and he's probably made Mass. a much better place since hes been there than Ted did lol.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

This threads is all kinds of awesome. :lol::lol::lol:
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;468944;
    No but Id vote for Schilling if he got accused of killing his wife, as long as he wasnt convicted.
    This is pure quality.

Seriously. I'd love to see Schill the Thrill in the US Senate, shooting from the hip and constantly dropping bombs in the media about what our elected officials are really doing for us in the legislature.

bbdoc is locked into Massachusetts residency. That's priceless, and veritable evidence of his self-torture of all things Red Sox.
    Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

Quote Originally Posted by YAZMAN;469107;
    This is pure quality.

Seriously. I'd love to see Schill the Thrill in the US Senate, shooting from the hip and constantly dropping bombs in the media about what our elected officials are really doing for us in the legislature.

bbdoc is locked into Massachusetts residency. That's priceless, and veritable evidence of his self-torture of all things Red Sox.
    you know I was joking right? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;469110;
    you know I was joking right? lol.
    Yes.

But it would have been even better if you hadn't been.:thumbsup:
    Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;468970;
    The political machine should give Schilling serious consideration. Anyone who could bring together a coalition of support from Yankee and Red Sox fans could be very hard to beat. Talk about being a uniter and not a divider.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by YAZMAN;469282;
    Yes.

But it would have been even better if you hadn't been.:thumbsup:
    well, it might depend on how he killed his wife, if he drives his car into a river and she dies then it obviously isnt a problem.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;469284;
    The political machine should give Schilling serious consideration. Anyone who could bring together a coalition of support from Yankee and Red Sox fans could be very hard to beat. Talk about being a uniter and not a divider.
    Yeah, how bad could he be? Look at the losers we already have in congress. Barney Fucking Frank...????