Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obama Deception

Re: The Obama Deception

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;441032;
    Florida balloting says hello.
    Ohio balloting waves back...
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;441032;
    Florida balloting says hello.
    I'm not convinced about that, there just isn't sufficient evidence. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned to be true, though.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101;441037;
    I'm not convinced about that, there just isn't sufficient evidence. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned to be true, though.
    You should be, there's never coincidence when it comes to politics.
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101;440986;
    I'm a complete libertarian, but I do realize a Gov't is a good idea. I just think that the Gov't ought to be as small as absolutely possible. The Gov't shouldn't be making money off the people they are supposed to serve.
    Libertarianism and government are incompatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;440999;
    That's the main problem with the current political structure of the US and every nation who mirrors it.

Those in charge have found subtle ways to stupify the population so they can be easily controlled.

Either it being by literally keeping the people stupid by not investing enough or encouraging education (like here), or fooling the population with a false sense of stability , they're making sheep out of us.
    Wait, you want the government to encourage education investment, so the population would be less easy to control? How does that work?
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101;441002;
    Yes, that's one of the reasons why I want a small gov't. I've always thought the Gov't should be run like a volunteer/non-profit organization. Focus on serving the people with their basic needs and less on wars and meddling with our everyday affairs. They have no problem taking away freedom after freedom, but when it comes to raising the minimum wage or fixing the public school system, it takes FOR EVER and very few politicians care. Remember, they have the corporations interest in mind, not the average American. Corporations don't want to be paying employs more, so the Gov't won't make them.
    Stop.

You obviously know little of Libertarianism.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;441362;
    Wait, you want the government to encourage education investment, so the population would be less easy to control? How does that work?
    Not your government, honey.

Mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;441372;
    Not your government, honey.

Mine.
    The question can be considered universal, no matter the country.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;441376;
    The question can be considered universal, no matter the country.
    Not when my country uses 2.3% of the total budget in education, when the media around Latin America exceeds 6%.

In other words, this country sabotages the lower part of the population's chance at education by not investing enough in education.

You have no idea the kind of things you see in public schools in some of the rural places of this country.

We're talking no seats, a broken board and no ceiling on the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;441384;
    Not when my country uses 2.3% of the total budget in education, when the media around Latin America exceeds 6%.

In other words, this country sabotages the lower part of the population's chance at education by not investing enough in education.

You have no idea the kind of things you see in public schools in some of the rural places of this country.

We're talking no seats, a broken board and no ceiling on the school.
    More government investment into education would probably result in more state control, but that's strictly off my experience of Canadian and American public education systems. American public schools routinely airbrush the details of history to reflect an extremely pro-American viewpoint. Many American high school students see their government as a truly benevolent force.

The better chance for more education would be to break the the monopolic grip on the system. Are private schools allowed to compete in the DR?

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;441717;
    More government investment into education would probably result in more state control, but that's strictly off my experience of Canadian and American public education systems. American public schools routinely airbrush the details of history to reflect an extremely pro-American viewpoint. Many American high school students see their government as a truly benevolent force.

The better chance for more education would be to break the the monopolic grip on the system. Are private schools allowed to compete in the DR?
    They are, but the price range of the smallest of private schools is too rich for over 80% of the population.

Besides that, the secretary of education is independent to the highest possible extent of the government, so their school programs do not reflect political interests of any kind.

I guess that's the only thing where education here really excels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;442256;
    They are, but the price range of the smallest of private schools is too rich for over 80% of the population.

Besides that, the secretary of education is independent to the highest possible extent of the government, so their school programs do not reflect political interests of any kind.

I guess that's the only thing where education here really excels.
    Our secretary of education presumably would argue the same, but I would consider the source. I have read that Dominican Roman Catholic schools are some of the finest in the world, and are the preferred schools for many of the middle class. What are the costs for tuition at one of those schools, compared to the costs of funding per pupil at state schools?

The national average in the States is a tick under $10,000, which is well above the cost of many private schools, which do an extraordinary job for half the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;444697;
    Our secretary of education presumably would argue the same, but I would consider the source. I have read that Dominican Roman Catholic schools are some of the finest in the world, and are the preferred schools for many of the middle class. What are the costs for tuition at one of those schools, compared to the costs of funding per pupil at state schools?
    The national average in the States is a tick under $10,000, which is well above the cost of many private schools, which do an extraordinary job for half the cost.
    States' FPP borders around 300 dollars per srudent, while the families cover around 100 dollars in expenses.

The average price range of a catholic bilingual school here comes to about 900 dollars per student.

The difference in quality is massive but so is the difference in price.

Super Moderator

I read this the other day and thought it was pretty interesting ... and correct. Praying it falls through.

ObamaCare is all about rationing.