Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obama Deception

Re: The Obama Deception

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;440990;
    Then how do you suggest the state maintain the service/economy/regulation structure?
    When I say making money, I'm not suggesting they shouldn't tax us, etc. I'm saying that they shouldn't be making millions off of us. One of the things I think is completely wrong is how investors and really wealthy business owners can control the interests of politicians through funding, bribes, etc. The Gov't spends WAY more money than is necessary. Taxes, tolls, etc could be reduced if politicians weren't so damned greedy. Just look at how much money was spent on the war in Iraq and the "war" against drugs. The "war" against drugs was bullshit from the start. It was just a campaign strategy for Nixon so he could get in the white house and take more freedoms from the people. It's insane.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101;440994;
    When I say making money, I'm not suggesting they shouldn't tax us, etc. I'm saying that they shouldn't be making millions off of us. One of the things I think is completely wrong is how investors and really wealthy business owners can control the interests of politicians through funding, bribes, etc. The Gov't spends WAY more money than is necessary. Taxes, tolls, etc could be reduced if politicians weren't so damned greedy. Just look at how much money was spent on the war in Iraq and the "war" against drugs. It's insane.
    Unfortunately, that is the population's fault.

Give a man power without regulation, and he will abuse it.
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;440995;

Yes, it's human nature. That's why I can't stand how most Americans are completely ignorant to what's going on. As I said before, all they care about is their material things. The Gov't has dumbed people down and given them shiny toys so they can stay under control, and the people have fallen for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101;440994;
    When I say making money, I'm not suggesting they shouldn't tax us, etc. I'm saying that they shouldn't be making millions off of us. One of the things I think is completely wrong is how investors and really wealthy business owners can control the interests of politicians through funding, bribes, etc. The Gov't spends WAY more money than is necessary. Taxes, tolls, etc could be reduced if politicians weren't so damned greedy. Just look at how much money was spent on the war in Iraq and the "war" against drugs. It's insane.
    i agree as far as that goes, dont forget some of the insane shit that was put in that "bailout" bill and all the ridiculous earmarks that congressmen put in every year.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101;440996;
    Yes, it's human nature. That's why I can't stand how most Americans are completely ignorant to what's going on. As I said before, all they care about is their material things. The Gov't has dumbed people down and given them shiny toys so they can stay under control.
    That's the main problem with the current political structure of the US and every nation who mirrors it.

Those in charge have found subtle ways to stupify the population so they can be easily controlled.

Either it being by literally keeping the people stupid by not investing enough or encouraging education (like here), or fooling the population with a false sense of stability , they're making sheep out of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;440995;

and this is very true, the public has lost contact with all of its elected officials, make sure that when you have a problem you contact your officials otherwise there is not anything you can say about it because you are part of the problem...
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;441000;
    and this is very true, the public has lost contact with all of its elected officials, make sure that when you have a problem you contact your officials otherwise there is not anything you can say about it because you are part of the problem...
    Again, the population is either too stupid to realize the real problem with the current structure or too busy defending the interests of the political party they sympathize with to realize the system screws with the stupid and screws with the smart and opinionated in an equally simple manner.

Yes, that's one of the reasons why I want a small gov't. I've always thought the Gov't should be run like a volunteer/non-profit organization. Focus on serving the people with their basic needs and less on wars and meddling with our everyday affairs. They have no problem taking away freedom after freedom, but when it comes to raising the minimum wage or fixing the public school system, it takes FOR EVER and very few politicians care. Remember, they have the corporations interest in mind, not the average American. Corporations don't want to be paying employs more, so the Gov't won't make them.

Even that doesn't often work. I'm a poker player and as part of the "Poker Players Alliance", I have called, emailed, and signed petitions to politicians (mainly congressmen) to legalize poker/gambling. Its an extremely strong and large group, but the politicians don't want to let people gamble with their money, so they won't do anything about it, no matter what we do. It's frustrating.

It's like trying to persuade your parents to letting you do something when you're a kid, you don't really have any control and are at the complete mercy of your parents. If they don't want to let you do it, they won't, and nothing you do will change their minds. The difference is that the Gov't isn't supposed to act like our parents/superiors, they are supposed to be our servants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;441001;
    Again, the population is either too stupid to realize the real problem with the current structure or too busy defending the interests of the political party they sympathize with to realize the system screws with the stupid and screws with the smart and opinionated in an equally simple manner.
    are you callin me stupid?
    <_<

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101;441003;
    Even that doesn't often work. I'm a poker player and as part of the "Poker Players Alliance", I have called, emailed, and signed petitions to politicians (mainly congressmen) to legalize poker/gambling. Its an extremely strong and large group, but the politicians don't want to let people gamble with their money, so they won't do anything about it, no matter what we do. It's frustrating.

It's like trying to persuade your parents to letting you do something when you're a kid, you don't really have any control and are at the complete mercy of your parents. If they don't want to let you do it, they won't, and nothing you do will change their minds. The difference is that the Gov't isn't supposed to act like our parents/superiors, they are supposed to be our servants.
    Yeah the system as a whole is real fucked up, and the 2 party sytem is a real pain in the ass it screws the majority of the country in my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101;441003;

This statement is true, but only in spirit.

The fact is, people have allowed politicians to make decisions for them for so long that now for them to acknowledge any type of initiative by the public, an extremely large group of people must be mobilized as part of said idea or initiative.

It's just the way the system works, and who's to blame but us?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;441005;
    Yeah the system as a whole is real fucked up, and the 2 party sytem is a real pain in the ass it screws the majority of the country in my opinion...
    It doesn't give the population a real choice.

Never has, never will.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;441007;
    It doesn't give the population a real choice.

Never has, never will.
    Nope, it's just a way to control candidates. They create two giant parties where they select the candidate who best fits their plans/ideals and pit them against each other. The 3rd party really doesn't have a chance. Even if a 3rd party was to somehow win, the Gov't still handles the whole thing and basically controls the media, so they could easily rig an election if they wanted (not saying they actually have in the past, just that it's possible).

Anyways, the President is of the least of my concerns. It's only a figure head. The meat and potatoes is congress and their associates.

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101;441030;
    Nope, it's just a way to control candidates. They create two giant parties where they select the candidate who best fits their plans/ideals and pit them against each other. The 3rd party really doesn't have a chance. Even if a 3rd party was to somehow win, the Gov't still handles the whole thing and basically controls the media, so they could easily rig an election if they wanted (not saying they actually have in the past, just that it's possible).

Anyways, the President is of the least of my concerns. It's only a figure head. The meat and potatoes is congress and their associates.
    Florida balloting says hello.