Register now to remove this ad

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obama Deception

Re: The Obama Deception

Because no one cares if he made a gaffe. Everyone makes gaffes, it's human nature. He even said in one video he hadn't had much sleep in the last 48 hours. Lack of sleep does that. No one hated on Bush when he was butchering every speech like he was still an alcoholic, we all just laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by example1;523602;
    The clip you showed says CNN on the bottom of it. Seems like they did show his gaffe, didn't they? Jesus.

to preempt any baiting (which I'm sure a700 would love) I have no interest in this discussion because his Presidency is still too young for there to be any ultimate grade given out. I will reevaluate in a few years when the next election is coming up.
    It was probably Glen Beck or something like that, I believe he was with CNN at the time, and also, in general, the press, Fox included, did not show that, probably because they weren't allowed to. The censorship of anyone trying to expose Obama IS immense, whether you're democrat or republican, I think everyone can see that.

He even started a program, Big Brother, that would put anyone who was supposedly against Obama, on a watchlist. All you had to do was report them to flag@whitehouse.gov. That's not just ridiculous, it's scary.

I'm not a republican, I consider myself libertarian, and I didn't vote for McCain/Palin either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;523606;
    Wow, Example gets smoked out. I've been waiting for that. Yes, Cable News Network (CNN) broadcast it, because it was a live feed. They didn't know he was going to shit the bed like that, and I don't think they rebroadcast it. I don't think that the major networks broadcast it at all. Not many people have seen these gaffes. I have posted them about three times on this forum, and yet there are TalkSox members that have never seen them.
    Yes, you smoked me out of my cave and here I am in broad daylight.

Nobody gives two shits about gaffes like that. It is in no way a reflection of whether or not he is capable of holding the position. Remember how OBGYNs practice their "love" with their patients? Did that gaffe matter? Nope.

Everyone has seen enough of Obama to know that he's a smart guy who knows what he is doing. The only people still wondering that are the people who have been against him from the very beginning, like yourself.

You're a good enough man to at least make your bias known to everyone, which helps them not have to take you seriously. A700, meet the ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;523607;
    Because no one cares if he made a gaffe. Everyone makes gaffes, it's human nature. He even said in one video he hadn't had much sleep in the last 48 hours. Lack of sleep does that. No one hated on Bush when he was butchering every speech like he was still an alcoholic, we all just laughed.
    I'm not a fan of George Bush, but I disagree with you. He was painted as a complete idiot by his gaffes, while Obama makes some hardcore gaffes when he's not cheating, that would make Bush look like Einstein.

By that logic, I can understand it. Obama's not this great speaker. Aside from that, if you can laugh at Bush making gaffes, why's it so serious when Obama makes them? I don't understand that. I also think this can be a civil discussion.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Yes, a live feed would explain it too. Didn't really think of that.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;523608;
    It was probably Glen Beck or something like that, I believe he was with CNN at the time, and also, in general, the press, Fox included, did not show that, probably because they weren't allowed to. The censorship of anyone trying to expose Obama IS immense, whether you're democrat or republican, I think everyone can see that.

He even started a program, Big Brother, that would put anyone who was supposedly against Obama, on a watchlist. All you had to do was report them to flag@whitehouse.gov. That's not just ridiculous, it's scary.

I'm not a republican, I consider myself libertarian, and I didn't vote for McCain/Palin either.
    WTF are you talking about? Censorship against people trying to "expose" Obama? I suppose we should expect a considerable slapdown to the teapartiers who were demanding his birth certificate and who were trying to paint him as a fraud at last weekend's event, right?

It's only scary if you're paranoid about what the federal government is capable of doing. I'm not so I'm not worried about it.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;523610;
    By that logic, I can understand it. Obama's not this great speaker. Aside from that, if you can laugh at Bush making gaffes, why's it so serious when Obama makes them? I don't understand that. I also think this can be a civil discussion.
    Serious? The whole crowd laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by example1;523609;
    Everyone has seen enough of Obama to know that he's a smart guy who knows what he is doing. The only people still wondering that are the people who have been against him from the very beginning, like yourself.
    Don't know about that, he's been around for a year, and while I don't think he's some kind of basket case, I don't think he's a very smart, articulate man, or at least to the degree that many seem to think he is, which is basically that he's the smartest president who's ever lived. I certainly don't agree with that, and I don't think that gaffes should account for his intellect, however, by the logic used on Bush, which was that he was a terrible speaker, and therefore a complete idiot, then Obama isn't very smart either.

Like I said, I disagree with that, but I understand what a700's getting at for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by example1;523613;
    Serious? The whole crowd laughed.
    Yes, and when you bring it up again, then everyone gets all bent out of shape about it. Really, I'm just trying to discuss this, I don't understand why you have to "wtf" and "seriously" me.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;523614;
    by the logic used on Bush, which was that he was a terrible speaker, and therefore a complete idiot, then Obama isn't very smart either.

Like I said, I disagree with that, but I understand what a700's getting at for certain.
    That wasn't why many considered Bush to be a complete idiot. It was a contributing factor.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by example1;523609;
    Yes, you smoked me out of my cave and here I am in broad daylight.

Nobody gives two shits about gaffes like that. It is in no way a reflection of whether or not he is capable of holding the position. Remember how OBGYNs practice their "love" with their patients? Did that gaffe matter? Nope.

You're a good enough man to at least make your bias known to everyone, which helps them not have to take you seriously. A700, meet the ignore list.
    Wow, so sensitive. Things must be bad on the left. The Ignore list is the coward's way out, but I am not surprised.

My family was life long, loyal Democrats right up through Kennedy in 1960. The 60's and the Great Society, which has not eradicated poverty in the least in 50 years, turned my family away from liberal politics. If you want to use the word "bias" to describe my being against policies that don't work and that have zero chance of working, I think that is an incorrect use of the word.

I'll make a prediction here. If the economy continues to be sluggish with no job growth and the Dems take a bath in November, it will be his own party that will take him down. I don't know how, but it will be the Dems not the Republicans that will be his biggest problem after November if the elections are one-sided. The results in NJ, VA and Massachusetts do not bode well for the Dems. They will blame B.O. if there is no job growth soon and it costs them their jobs.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by example1;523612;
    WTF are you talking about? Censorship against people trying to "expose" Obama? I suppose we should expect a considerable slapdown to the teapartiers who were demanding his birth certificate and who were trying to paint him as a fraud at last weekend's event, right?
    I think a president not having a birth certificate is a valid reason for doubt.

It's only scary if you're paranoid about what the federal government is capable of doing. I'm not so I'm not worried about it.
    I'm not paranoid of the government so much either, but that doesn't excuse trying to compile a list of people who are against you. That sounds like something they'd do in the USSR. Granted, they probably won't show up at 2AM, take you out of your house, and you'll never be heard from again, but it's still not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper;523616;
    That wasn't why Bush was a complete idiot. It was a contributing factor.
    Elaborate, I think I could make an equally valid argument for Obama's case as well, with his gaffes just being a "contributing factor".

You don't believe Bush was an idiot and you want to see Obama's birth certificate. There is really nothing I can say to you to get through to you.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper;523622;
    You don't believe Bush was an idiot and you want to see Obama's birth certificate. There is really nothing I can say to you to get through to you.
    It is funny that Bush's most offensive policies have been perpetuated by Obama. We are still in Iraq. We have escalated the war in Afghanistan, and GITMO is still operating. I guess if Buss was an idiot, then Obama must also be an idiot.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."