Register now to remove this ad

Page 51 of 1089 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

Re: Hello, 11 Active Members

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;462394;
    This is the 3rd or 4th time i've seen you mention this site.

I have my doubts about you now.
    the only reason I mentioned it was for insulting that guy, im not sure its even real, Im afraid to check lol.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;462396;
    the only reason I mentioned it was for insulting that guy, im not sure its even real, Im afraid to check lol.
    The shadow of doubt has already been cast upon you.
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;462398;
    The shadow of doubt has already been cast upon you.
    okay.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

So there's a guy in 2 of my classes this semester who looks basically identical to CC Sabathia. He is 6'5'', black, and probably close to 300 pounds. And he has the same goatee... And wears a Yankees hat cocked to the left. I'm not even kidding. But his name is Terrance, not Carsten Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by msubulldogs21;462471;
    So there's a guy in 2 of my classes this semester who looks basically identical to CC Sabathia. He is 6'5'', black, and probably close to 300 pounds. And he has the same goatee... And wears a Yankees hat cocked to the left. I'm not even kidding. But his name is Terrance, not Carsten Charles.
    Wanna be, never will be.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury;462159;
    Oh. Yeah that's kinda ghey.

Slowly but surely I'm righting my sleeping schedule. I'm not too tired at the moment, I'll try and fall asleep around 5 (which will prevent me from watching teh gamezzz o noes), that'll put me at waking up around 3 am... it's going swimmingly.
    I had that problem last year and a little bit of this year. On my first night where I had to be up at 8 the next morning for my new job, I came home baked and I was able to pass out right away. I got some great sleep and it started a trend and I started falling asleep a lot earlier, on the nights I needed to. The best part is you won't even be hung over in the morning. Also try watching a TV show like Law and Order, or something similar, on your laptop or TV. You'll doze off.

I always end up righting the ship sooner or later. The only reason I'm doing it now is because I'll be moving back to college in about a week.

All-Star

I'm hot blooded, check it and see, got a fever of a 103...
    ....no really, I'm sick. No wonder I felt like my brain wasn't working yesterday. Couple years ago I had a mysterious/never identified virus w/fever of 105 and joint swelling+non-itchy body rash so I hope this isn't something related. My head hurts.
    The Internet has become nothing more than the new cocaine, and I snort it willingly.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ms_sox;462507;
    I'm hot blooded, check it and see, got a fever of a 103...
    ....no really, I'm sick. No wonder I felt like my brain wasn't working yesterday. Couple years ago I had a mysterious/never identified virus w/fever of 105 and joint swelling+non-itchy body rash so I hope this isn't something related. My head hurts.

GO TO A DOCTOR
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;462779;
    GO TO A DOCTOR
    I did, for that last weird virus, when hubby became scared by the high fever. After a 3 hour waiting room agony, they gazed at me and said "Yup, it's a virus. Sometimes people just get a weird one." They took pictures of my funky rashed up and swollen limbs so they could professionally gawk at them later, then sent me home.

They'd probably do the same thing if I went again. I'm not very fond of doctors for anything not obvious such as a broken leg. :lol:
    The Internet has become nothing more than the new cocaine, and I snort it willingly.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_sox;462832;
    I did, for that last weird virus, when hubby became scared by the high fever. After a 3 hour waiting room agony, they gazed at me and said "Yup, it's a virus. Sometimes people just get a weird one." They took pictures of my funky rashed up and swollen limbs so they could professionally gawk at them later, then sent me home.

They'd probably do the same thing if I went again. I'm not very fond of doctors for anything not obvious such as a broken leg. :lol:
    please dont have Swine Flu...

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;462993;
    please dont have Swine Flu...
    Extremely unlikely, I have no other symptoms besides the fever. No runny nose, no cough, no digestive issues/nausea. Just fever and the brain-fog that goes with it.

The one w/the non-itchy rash, that was a couple years ago, and also had no sniffles etc. Just fever & swollen joints. Lasted a month and I haven't been quite the same since. heh

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

My uncle had a virus one time. Ten years later, bam. Died in a motorcycle accident. You never know with these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;463042;
    My uncle had a virus one time. Ten years later, bam. Died in a motorcycle accident. You never know with these things.
    I heard that something similar happened to John Lennon and JFK.

So John Oliver's stand-up is amazing. Best set I've ever seen. Even better than Dave Attell, Lewis Black, and Steven Wright.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.