Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 1089 FirstFirst ... 91011121321611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

Re: Hello, 11 Active Members

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;422661;
    Just took my Precalc final and Bio is at 1, then I'm done for the year. Huzzah.
    You are still in school? That is terrible.
    "Knicks suck, Jets suck, Yankees suck"

-Peter Griffin, talking to a New Yorker

Not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;422838;
    Not anymore.
    Congratulations. You're free for the summer. Any big plans?

You missed most of the crap here today.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;422847;
    Congratulations. You're free for the summer. Any big plans?

You missed most of the crap here today.
    Yep I'm on vacation. I start work on my birthday, the 6th. And unfortunately, I didn't miss any action today.

Thank you yeszir for stopping the shit here today. It's just bad for the board. I wonder what all the visitors though about the foolishness. I'd like to think that this is a cool place to come to see what people think about the Sox and baseball. There is enough legitimate humor to amuse any reasonably intelligent person. We don't need all the crap. Members should be prideful that they belong to talksox and encourage all other members to contribute and all visitors to join in the fun.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

We're working on a new enforcement overhaul, Spudboy. Just don't bring any of it up and give someone a reason to mention it until we get it published on the main board.

Don't worry. The Mods are working...
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Just got tickets to a Lowell game next week, I'm excited to see Almanzar, Navarro and Westmoreland.

EDIT: Is Navarro on Lowell or Salem? I'm seeing conflicting reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;422855;
    Thank you yeszir for stopping the shit here today. It's just bad for the board. I wonder what all the visitors though about the foolishness. I'd like to think that this is a cool place to come to see what people think about the Sox and baseball. There is enough legitimate humor to amuse any reasonably intelligent person. We don't need all the crap. Members should be prideful that they belong to talksox and encourage all other members to contribute and all visitors to join in the fun.
    Don't give me all the credit. I didn't do too much. YOTN, CD and SOTK are all here more than me nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by YAZMAN;422698;
    Both of which solidify my earlier suggestion.

Thanks, VA.
    Anytime my bro.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;422864;
    Don't give me all the credit. I didn't do too much. YOTN, CD and SOTK are all here more than me nowadays.
    Don't be modest, we know it takes a lot of your time to recruit the players that post here.

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;422868;
    Don't be modest, we know it takes a lot of your time to recruit the players that post here.
    Yea. Since moving to Philly I've been working on Cole Hamels and Raul Ibanez. I think with all the time he'll have on the DL, Ibanez is sure to come post.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;422870;
    Yea. Since moving to Philly I've been working on Cole Hamels and Raul Ibanez. I think with all the time he'll have on the DL, Ibanez is sure to come post.
    God help anyone who suggests he's on PEDs

Not to derail the discussion too much, but do you think he is on PEDs? I mean, he's 36 and had a huge upswing and then all of the sudden gets hurt...which is the hallmark of a user IIRC. On the other hand, he's always been kind of a streaky hitter.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;422875;
    On the other hand, he's always been kind of a streaky hitter.
    exactly, he's always been a streaky hitter and he's moved from an airplane hanger to a pretty hitter-friendly ballpark. People don't realize cause he was stuck up there in the Northwest that he's always been a very productive hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;422875;
    Not to derail the discussion too much, but do you think he is on PEDs? I mean, he's 36 and had a huge upswing and then all of the sudden gets hurt...which is the hallmark of a user IIRC. On the other hand, he's always been kind of a streaky hitter.
    Even the most diehard Phillies fans I've spoken too have admitted there's something fishy going on. I think him getting roid rage at bloggers only heightens that suspicion. :lol:

But really, this whole thing sucks because a player like Ibanez can't have an incredible season anymore without all of this getting tossed around.