Register now to remove this ad

Page 1039 of 1089 FirstFirst ... 395399399891029103710381039104010411049 ... LastLast
Results 15,571 to 15,585 of 16335

Thread: Hello, 11 Active Members

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    That really sucks.
    It's kind of comical in a way.

But not for the people who have to drive in it that don't know how to drive in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmi View Post
    It's kind of comical in a way.

But not for the people who have to drive in it that don't know how to drive in it.
    I know what you mean.

I made the dumb mistake of taking a job at Martin Marietta Aerospace in Orlando in 1979.

One morning I had to commute from Kissimee to the Sand lake Road plant in about 1-2 inches of light snow. You should have seen all the cars spun out and crashed along the way.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'd say we got around six inches where I am in CT. Things close down, but everybody knows how to handle it. Life goes on.
    You know how to handle it because you have snow plows. In the southeastern part of this country, towns don't want to dump money into machinery that they only have to use once every 5 years. When I lived in Richmond, they did the bare minimum (i.e. plowed one way down a two lane street) and waited for it to melt. The "knows how to handle it" mentality is laughable when a lot of drivers up in the Northeast still can barely be bothered to clean off their car windows before they head out in the snow. I've seen enough drivers get their windshields covered with roof snow to know that most people don't really understand how dangerous snow can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Not cleaning the snow from the top of your car should be punishable by torture.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    SUV owners are the worst offenders. It is a very dangerous situation. Buy a telescoping brush to reach the top of your SUVs jackasses.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

It would be a great cottage industry for the idiots in RI.
    I get MV Pee.

Yup. I drive a full size van and the roof is a chore. But I cheat. I have owned as many as 4 vans at one time so I had to devise a way of clearing snow from the roofs.

I use a full size garage broom with thick bristles. I turn it upside down and plop it down on the roof and pull or push the snow off as best as possible. A little is left but not so much that it won't easily melt in the Sunshine.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    It would be a great cottage industry for the idiots in RI.
    You ain't a rooster poopin either.

Rhode Island drivers are awful. I don't like to generalize but anyone like MVP or myself that lives next to or drives in RI feels the same way.

Ordinarily I would confess. But, I took one of the cars from our garage into school this morning, so you probably saw my brother on his way to work, unless he cleaned it.
    I can't disagree with you

Ordinarily I would confess. But, I took one of the cars from our garage into school this morning, so you probably saw my brother on his way to work, unless he cleaned it.
    Garages are the balls. I had a two car garage for over 22 years. Of course having a 1700 square foot driveway on an incline is so much fun to clear.

Garages are the balls. I had a two car garage for over 22 years. Of course having a 1700 square foot driveway on an incline is so much fun to clear.
    I don't think mine is that big, and it only has a slight incline, but shoveling, and then running into icy tire tacks is a pain in the ass. Why can't we all just stay home, and not go out and about, so that the driveway is clear of tire tracks?
    I can't disagree with you

You ain't a rooster poopin either.

Rhode Island drivers are awful. I don't like to generalize but anyone like MVP or myself that lives next to or drives in RI feels the same way.
    CA drivers - oblivious and horrible
    MA/NJ/NY drivers - overly aggressive that exceeds their skill level
    RI drivers - oh god just kill it with fire already, why don't you clean the snow off your roof, why don't you turn your lights on, why did you just merge into the left lane going 50 mph, why are you stopping on a main road to let someone go, why do you choose the exact wrong thing to do everytime you get behind the wheel?!?!?!?!?
    I get MV Pee.

I don't think mine is that big, and it only has a slight incline, but shoveling, and then running into icy tire tacks is a pain in the ass. Why can't we all just stay home, and not go out and about, so that the driveway is clear of tire tracks?
    I thought you were a proponent of "knowing how to handle it?"
    I get MV Pee.

CA drivers - oblivious and horrible
    MA/NJ/NY drivers - overly aggressive that exceeds their skill level
    RI drivers - oh god just kill it with fire already, why don't you clean the snow off your roof, why don't you turn your lights on, why did you just merge into the left lane going 50 mph, why are you stopping on a main road to let someone go, why do you choose the exact wrong thing to do everytime you get behind the wheel?!?!?!?!?
    Lol. I have only driven in Cali for about 2-3 weeks total but otherwise I can agree with your assessment.

By far the worst drivers I have ever seen are in St. Peterburg, Russia.

They are all totally fucked in the head with no regard for safety, much less courtesy and common fucking sense.

Do not drive while there!

Lol. I have only driven in Cali for about 2-3 weeks total but otherwise I can agree with your assessment.

By far the worst drivers I have ever seen are in St. Peterburg, Russia.

They are all totally fucked in the head with no regard for safety, much less courtesy and common fucking sense.

Do not drive while there!
    Considering all the dashcam footage I've seen, I'm not surprised by this. Russia still seems like the Wild West to me.
    I get MV Pee.