Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Sea Dogs

This is my rifle....

2009 Sea Dogs

Roster

Schedule

Game #1 is underway.

Players to Watch

Position Players - Lars Anderson, Josh Reddick, Argenis Diaz, and catchers Jon Still & Mark Wagner

Pitchers - Junichi Tazawa, Dustin Richardson, Felix Doubront, anyone, anyone, Bueller?

Tazawa's finished the 4th, with 1 ER and 5 K's. Lars and Reddick are both 0-2.

Discuss.

This is my rifle....

Re: 2009 Sea Dogs

After going 0-4 last night, Reddick is ripping the ball tonight. 3-4 with a HR and 2B.

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;391952;
    After going 0-4 last night, Reddick is ripping the ball tonight. 3-4 with a HR and 2B.
    Also playing CF from what I gather. Interesting, he has a better arm than Ellsbury and good enough range to cover center. I think he is already the better hitter after watching him this spring. He makes great contact where Ellsbury rarely seems to get the better part of the bat on the ball.

Deity

If Reddick was called up right now it's bad, bad news for the Sox.

And I'm someone who despises Ellsbury.

This is my rifle....

Yeah, he's pretty gifted with the bat, a natural hitter, but he's still raw. MLB pitchers would take advantage of his weaknesses right now.

This is my rifle....

Leadoff double today. He's stinging everything he hits right now, and he's hitting everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ORS;392106;
    Yeah, he's pretty gifted with the bat, a natural hitter, but he's still raw. MLB pitchers would take advantage of his weaknesses right now.
    Agreed and I'm not sure how well he would adjust his approach when MLB pitchers figure him out. Thats what happened to Ellsbury and he's struggled to adjust but I'm also not saying that move be done right now. If he is producing at a high level come this summer then I could see him putting pressure on the Sox front office.

This is my rifle....

Reddick is 6-10 with 2 HR and 2 2B the last two games.

Fenway Resident

I went to the opener on Thursday night. They were shutout 3-0. Couple of bright spots tho. Junichi Tazawa looked very good, 5 innings giving up just 1 run. I sat behind home plate. His curve has got some filthy movement. Mark Wagner gunned down 2 of 3 baserunners
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Lars Anderson is a beast! lol

Keep an eye on Richie Lentz. He's not Josh Bard, but his strikeout numbers last year were impressive and he's young enough to be interesting.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

This is my rifle....

Lentz? Who cares? He's not Reddickulous.

Reddick hit HR#3 today, that's all you need to know.

Fenway Resident

Reddick was updated on rotoworld

Josh Reddick homered and doubled in a second straight game for Double-A Portland on Saturday.
    Those were his only two hits yesterday, but he also had two singles on Friday. After a great start with two Single-A teams, Reddick hit just .214/.290/.436 in 34 games following his move up to Double-A last season. He's due to spend the bulk of this season in Portland.
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Josh Reddick just hit his 4th HR.

Tazawa is also cruising and Lars has a double.....I like what I see from AA

This is my rifle....

Lars had a rough 3 weeks, but maybe he's pulling out of the funk. Two HRs today.

Kalish 1-3 with a 3B and a BB in his 2nd game.

This is now the team to watch for position players.

EDIT: Oh, and they'll be playing again tonight as the day game was the first half of DH in which they were making up a postponed game.