Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Cant we find some AB's for Carter

Double A

Cant we find some AB's for Carter

Most of the experts agree CC can hit for average and at least some power.

I don't know why other teams aren't banging the doors down to get this low cost hitter.

He seems like he'd be ok if a club had a small corner outfielde spot. I think there may be to

much value in 1st base "D". AND, isn't the DH position made for hitters with poor D.

If it weren't for Baldelli (if he can play multiple consecutive games) I think we could find 300-

350 AB's.

Thoughts??:dunno:

Re: Cant we find some AB's for Carter

300-350 is a lot, at least without injury.

There is a reason why teams havent banged the door down for Carter. And for the record, I think he's a solid offensive player and would love to have him on my team.

In terms of his offensive accomplishments, some try to diminish them based upon the stadium he was playing in prior to coming to the sox. But thats dumb. He's hit for average and power on every level and was arguably the sox best hitter in ST.

But the defensive side of the ball is where he detracts significantly. He's a butcher at 1b. He's slow and a pretty bad ball tracker in LF. But the guy can hit. And with Papi being older, injured and potentially on his way out after 2010, Carter might be the perfect replacement.
    Hal sucks

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;390142;
    And with Papi being older, injured and potentially on his way out after 2010, Carter might be the perfect replacement.
    Lars Anderson says hi

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox21;390152;
    Lars Anderson says hi
    Lars Anderson is a good 1b, so I think he'll take 1b and Youkilis will swing over to 3b full time come 2011.
    Hal sucks