Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: God of War III

Re: God of War III

Ditto on gamefly. I started playing in mid march, had some free time in the week, and sent it back on Friday.

Good game, but I was a little disappointed by the ending.

Very disappointed in the ending. Granted, that game was the most bad-ass game I have played in awhile. But seriously, how do you end a trilogy that way? Hell of a let-down.
    Hal sucks

Agreed, that ending was bullshit. Absolute garbage compared to the rest of the series.

Exactly....

SPOILER ALERT

It does jive with mythology though. If you remember, Pandora's box was opened and all the world's evils were released, and when they shut it, hope was all that remained in the box. But they didnt need to have him kill himself.
    Hal sucks

Big Spoilers

Well, they took creative license with mythology, but I didn't take an issue with that. The real problem was that Pandora made Kratos very emotional, fatherly and eventually soft in a very short amount of time without enough development to justify it. The trippy water scene at the end was far too long and didn't fit with the rest of the series. I'm fairly sure he only stabbed himself to make Athena think he was dead-- which is why he wasn't there at the end.

Well, I definitely think he is dead. Remember, this was a trilogy from the beginning, and he killed off anyone in the game who could actually bring him back. Regardless, the first one was probably the best story wise. I played it again, and when he opens the box and confronts Ares, it was frickin awesome.
    Hal sucks

Granted, the most badass fight of the game had to be at the beginning with Poseidon. When the game switches to Poseidon's view and Kratos pokes out his eyes, it was on. Hell of a game, the fights were incredible. The game seemed shorter than previous, though
    Hal sucks

Video game companies don't let moneymaking IPs sit around. I don't think there will be any direct sequels that involve him, but they'll think of something.

That's true. Thing is, though, Kratos is the face of that series. Will be almost impossible to switch the face of the franchise, especially with all the gods dead sans Athena
    Hal sucks