Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which field is better Wrigley or Fenway?

Major Leaguer

Re: Which field is better Wrigley or Fenway?

Fenway is a cash cow.. people keep showing up.. why waste all that money when you're raking?

Major Leaguer

as far as the seats @ Fenway, MJ, you're absolutely correct.. I was lucky enough to have sat on the Wall and also in one of the tables on the RF Roof (took Sean and PC there back in '06) and when you get those seats you really cannot beat it.. Pricey though

Quote Originally Posted by Wells;496175;
    as far as the seats @ Fenway, MJ, you're absolutely correct.. I was lucky enough to have sat on the Wall and also in one of the tables on the RF Roof (took Sean and PC there back in '06) and when you get those seats you really cannot beat it.. Pricey though
    still one of the greatest place to see a game. you know that possibly that your grandfather sat in those seats as a kid. all the people who have past the gates. and the great games that have been played there.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Quote Originally Posted by Dipre;496167;
    Wow.

The Post Of The Year search ends right here.
    thank you i am honored to be even recognized. :lol:B)B)
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407;496179;
    still one of the greatest place to see a game. you know that possibly that your grandfather sat in those seats as a kid. all the people who have past the gates. and the great games that have been played there.
    yeah that definitely makes it special.. but Wrigley is still kind of a dump even though my grandfather sat there too (mom's side is all Cubs fans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wells;496184;
    yeah that definitely makes it special.. but Wrigley is still kind of a dump even though my grandfather sat there too (mom's side is all Cubs fans)
    that's unfortunate. Fenway has more character as in the field. Wrigley is pretty much symmetrical while fenway has is quirks and everything. one cool thing in wrigley is the ivy

Major Leaguer

I do like that surrounding Wrigley is more like a small village though.. I mean people can live across the street (for a price) all around the outfield pretty much and that's sweet.. plus I dig the small fire house across waveland ave..

but the batters are announced with megaphones in each section.. no replay .. and then in the 7th the speakers get LOUD AS FUCK for take me out to the ballgame..

I saw them vs the pirates and the game ended in a walkoff batter's interference.. nobody gave a shit.. it was 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Wells;496196;
    I do like that surrounding Wrigley is more like a small village though.. I mean people can live across the street (for a price) all around the outfield pretty much and that's sweet.. plus I dig the small fire house across waveland ave..

but the batters are announced with megaphones in each section.. no replay .. and then in the 7th the speakers get LOUD AS FUCK for take me out to the ballgame..

I saw them vs the pirates and the game ended in a walkoff batter's interference.. nobody gave a shit.. it was 2006
    nice. I mean i like the Ability to watch the game from those houses from across the street but i was talking about the confines of the field. i saw wrigley and it was impressive but you are right no replay. you are screwed if you don't see the play.

Major Leaguer

Now that the offseason is coming up MLB Network sohuld be running replays of Cathedrals of the Game.. pretty sweet show if you can't make it to the ballparks.. plus I just wanna bang Michelle Beadle

Quote Originally Posted by Wells;496212;
    plus I just wanna bang Michelle Beadle
    WHO THE FUCK WOULDN'T?????

I like the fact that Wrigley doesn't have a Jumbotron where you can see the replay. Maybe it's antiquated. Or maybe it's just unique. In some respects, it is a dump. But it's still a beautiful park to watch a ballgame.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Major Leaguer

FENWAY ROCKS!!! The Green Monster rules and Wrigley field drools!