Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April 10th - vs. Toronto

I'm really looking forward to this one tonight. Both had uncharacteristic first outings and both will be looking to come out and dominate. This is where the whole point of the Pedro/Schilling combo comes in: to end losing skids. Pedro should have plenty of motivation to bomb on 'em tonight, I don't think we need to mention all of the reasons why.

Previously posted interesting Pedro numbers from 2003:

Here's what happened last season after a "rocky outing"

04/12/03 - 4.1IP, 9 H, 10 ER, 4 BB, 5 K

04/17/03 - 7.0 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
    04/22/03 - 7.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 6 BB, 8 K
    04/27/03 - 7.0 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 10 K
    05/03/03 - 9.0 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 12 K

06/26/03 - 6.2 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 3 BB, 8 K

07/02/03 - 7.0 IP, 6 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 K
    07/07/03 - 7.0 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 11 K
    07/12/03 - 7.0 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 8 K
    07/20/03 - 7.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 8 K

08/30/03 - 4.0 IP, 9 H, 5 ER, 0 BB, 3K

09/05/03 - 6.0 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 9 K
    09/10/03 - 8.0 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 9 K
    09/16/03 - 9.0 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 6 K
    09/21/03 - 7.0 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 11 K

We should expect good things tonight.

Well, I am about to leave to make my way towards fenway (gotta get there early dontchaknow). I hope all goes well with Pedro.

Have fun man!

Daubach was sent down and Frank Castillo was called up as the 12th pitcher today. Also, Crespo will be leading off and playing centerfield. This might be a loooong game folks.
    Baseball isn't life and death but the Red Sox are.

Originally posted by dirtdogman5@Apr 10 2004, 05:10 PM
    Daubach was sent down and Frank Castillo was called up as the 12th pitcher today. Also, Crespo will be leading off and playing centerfield. This might be a loooong game folks.
    Pedro will most likely have to allow ZERO runs. No Nixon, Nomar or Damon now.. FUCK, MAN!

GO SOX! :angry:

Theeeeee Red Sox win! Great game. Great pitcher's duel. Great homers by Ortizzle, Bellhorn, and Manny. Great defense by Crespo and Kapler. Great save by Foulke. Great night.

Pedro, even though he only hit 91 three times (to my knowledge, from looking at the speed gun thing), was unbelievable. Halladay was as well, until later on in the game. It was damn quick too, over in 2 hours and 20 minutes (ish). I dont see why Francona took Pedro out with 2 outs in the eighth other than trying to be the anti-Grady Little. Was this elaborated on on TV?

Otherwise, it was a great game.

And as a side note, I gave crespo my own mini-standing ovations for each of his two hits. Impressive.

He took him out just because he had 106 pitches... stupid. From what I saw, Pedro had you guys going nuts. He was striking guys out before the "Pedro" chant could even start. That was unbelievable... I can't tell you how pumped up I am. That game may have turned our season around.. or just simply started it. Schilling is going to feed off of that. Did you see Buehrle today against the Yanks? Oh man, they are toast against Pedro and Schill next weekend.

I'd never seen the fenway crowd like that before, probably because I've never been to a Pedro game before. It was ridiculous. A bit anti-climactic when whoever got that hit, but it was amazing.

My friend, who was also at the game, told me some fans were tossing around a blow up doll in right field. Is this true? If so, thats damn funny.

But Pedro was in the zone, he was great, and he kept his pitch total down (since it now means so much to the team). Cant wait to see schilling mow em down tomorrow after this game.
    Inaugural Talksox contest winner.

Originally posted by FourZeroSix@Apr 10 2004, 09:44 PM
    He took him out just because he had 106 pitches... stupid. From what I saw, Pedro had you guys going nuts. He was striking guys out before the "Pedro" chant could even start. That was unbelievable... I can't tell you how pumped up I am. That game may have turned our season around.. or just simply started it. Schilling is going to feed off of that. Did you see Buehrle today against the Yanks? Oh man, they are toast against Pedro and Schill next weekend.
    Your post just pumped me up. I'm "crunk'd"!

Originally posted by dirtdogman5+Apr 10 2004, 10:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtdogman5 @ Apr 10 2004, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FourZeroSix@Apr 10 2004, 09:44 PM
    He took him out just because he had 106 pitches... stupid. From what I saw, Pedro had you guys going nuts. He was striking guys out before the "Pedro" chant could even start. That was unbelievable... I can&#39;t tell you how pumped up I am. That game may have turned our season around.. or just simply started it. Schilling is going to feed off of that. Did you see Buehrle today against the Yanks? Oh man, they are toast against Pedro and Schill next weekend.
    Your post just pumped me up. I&#39;m "crunk&#39;d"&#33; [/b][/quote]
    "YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAA&#33 ;"

"Jeter sucks arod" shirts were making appearances all over brookline avenue. I hadn&#39;t seen them before. Gave me a laugh.

I am praaaaaying that when shef/giambi comes to bat, the fenway faithful starts: "baaaaaaaaaaaalco, baaaaaaaaaaaalco". Would that ever make my day.

I am praaaaaying that when williams/giambi comes to bat, the fenway faithful starts: "baaaaaaaaaaaalco, baaaaaaaaaaaalco". Would that ever make my day.
    Not to be picky, but Williams didn&#39;t use BALCO, it was Sheffield.

Anyway, great frickin game, great win for Sox, great start by Pedro, and great couple of games coming up.