Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Hockey '08

Banned

Re: Yahoo Hockey '08

No problem ORS. I was playing out of sheer boredom. Good luck to all of you.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

I'm at work so couldn't make the draft but I pre ranked my players so it will be interesting to see what I got

fuck me i was too wrapped up in a paper about "marketing during a recession" and just remembered about this.

Super Moderator

FUCK I forgot too... oh well, at least I was really productive since I wasn't in the draft...

We only had like 4/10 people there for the draft. Got over in around 45 minutes.

Deity

Malkin's gonna have a monster year.

Crosby's gonna have a monster year.

Shit, I had to step away a few times and it auto-selected for me. Henrik Lundquist in the third round? Fuck, no. I needed a scorer there.

My team is going to be just like the Bruins...hard time finding the back of the net. I think I am doomed.

Edit: and I think my 'D' sucks too...I have that kid Whitney from Pitt...he's out till December now.

Anyone know what the deal is with the records? It's as if we've played 10 games already. Says I'm 1-6-3. Why doesn't it just say 0-1-0? What's the deal?

I'm not in the league, but if there are 10 categories, its how many categories you won-lost-tied in that matchup.

It's different in hockey. Your record goes by categories won instead of by matchup won.

Ahh, I see. That makes sense. So in that case, you could really make up (or lose) a lot of ground from week to week it appears.

This is my rifle....

Yeah. In other fantasy sports, they haven't put all contribution on a standard point scale. Therefore, you compete in multiple categories each week. It opens the door to more strategy than in FFB. In FFB you are pretty much handcuffed to the heavy component of the scoring system (yardage or TDs). In multi-category sports, you can focus on a set number of categories or go for a balanced approach.

Don't know how many of yall are keeping up, but I have to say, after 2 weeks... my team has been terrible. I still think they are good and will get back on track though. Alfredsson and Zetterberg (my top 2 picks) have been banged up but are back now. Thanks to SOTK, I'm not in dead last though!

2nd place, i just steamrolled thru sotk