Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal

Re: Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Paradisecity;471597;
    They have a lot of thrash to them. Personally, I don't think they sound like anybody, but usually they get linked to old school bands like Judas Priest. They have a very unique sound though.

They did a SICK Blue Oyster Cult cover on their new album. Hahaha

Fire up the Blades, their 3rd album, was produced by Joey Jordison ( who has also filled in on drums a couple times) because he loves them so much.

The only way to get them really is to listen to them, IMHO.

Deadly Sinners
    Night Marauders
    Destroy The Orcs
    The Goatriders Hoarde
    Trial of Champions

They also have sweet lyrics too.

The best way to describe them for me, is like this: If I had 4 minutes to kill as many people as I could and needed a soundtrack for it, it would be 3 Inches of Blood.
    really? If I needed a soundtrack for that Id get something like Frank Sinatra or Randy Newman...btw Pull Harder on the Strings of Your Martyr is still a badass song, and Bleeding Through is a current favorite of mine too.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

I will admit that Death Magnetic is awesome for bass wars.

Okay, I'd go with Lamb of God lol but I'll take a listen, thanks!

(Btw, anyone heard Lamb of God's album as Burn The Priest? The song Bloodletting might be the heaviest song I've ever heard, and that includes Devildriver and other bands of the same vein)
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

The intro riff in Laid to Rest is pretty sweet, but I love Omerta.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Gojira's Art of Dying is very very very hard, but they are very progressive and not for everyone.

Amon Amarth anyone?
    Everybody wants a piece of me. Nobody can stomach the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by Paradisecity;471597;

The best way to describe them for me, is like this: If I had 4 minutes to kill as many people as I could and needed a soundtrack for it, it would be 3 Inches of Blood.
    My soundtrack would be Locust Star by Neurosis. I don't know if I've heard anything more angry sounding, just watch them play it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmdmnnv2NkY

also, Gojira is fucking great.

I think you are all underestemating just how angry every Randy Newman song is...his version of Why Can't We Be Friends is brutal.

I know how brutal he is dude. After seeing Toy Story back in 95 I went home and eviscerated my dog then lit my mother on fire as she slept.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;471638;
    I know how brutal he is dude. After seeing Toy Story back in 95 I went home and eviscerated my dog then lit my mother on fire as she slept.
    I believe I did something similar...that sounds like an episode of Metalocolypse.

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

You guys are hilarious.
    WAR is good for something.

Speaking of Metalocalypse, Dethalbum II leaked yesterday. It's pretty good. Brendan Small is a hell of a guitar player. Should be pretty interesting to actually see them in person when I do in October. I'm going to be there more for Mastodon and High on Fire, but Dethklok should be sick too

That and Dethklok's just going to be pretty interesting to see...im quite curious as to what they look/sonund like live.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;471637;
    I think you are all underestemating just how angry every Randy Newman song is...his version of Why Can't We Be Friends is brutal.
    Well, there are different kinds of killing songs. For instance:

If i had an entire army to help me kill the enemy with firebombing and gatling guns, I would listen to Gojira's The Art of Dying

If I had to kill the devil in an epic battle back and forth, I would probably listen to Opeth's Demon of the Fall

If I had to kill my wife (I don't have one) I would do it to Barry Manilow's Can't Smile Without You

If I had to kill the cops in a getaway chase I'd listen to Judas Priest's Breaking the law
    or Scott Joplin's The Entertainer

If I had to kill everyone comic book style I would do it to A7X's Beast and the Harlot (the live version with the best death growl/shriek ever).

If I had to kill harmless villagers in a bevy of laughter I would do it to Iron Maiden's Run to the Hills

If I had to run down the streets killing random strangers with nothing but everyday objects it would be to Marilyn Manson's Astonishing Panorama of the End Times

if I had to kill my worst enemy by stabbing him 1000 times it would be to Raffi's Baby Beluga while making him listen to it with me.

And if I had to kill Jacksonianmarch, it would probably be to Hot Venom's Pop That Pussy

If I had to kill a car full of midget clowns it would be to Randy Newman's Short People Got No Reason To Live.