Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Metal

Re: Metal

Snuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

nopez

Hate Worldwide. Sue me.

Hate Worldwide is a good song, IMO. Just because it was the single that was promoted the most, doesn't mean that it isn't a good song. I preferred Snuff to the others, personally.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Hate Worldwide? lolol I used to hate that song. The lyyrics are so cheesy all I could do is lol. But I like some of the riffs. The intro is sick.

I personally really like Beauty Through Order, the riffs are so good in that one. The 2nd half is win

Snuff is one of the bottom three IMO. With Americon and Beauty Through Order.

I agree that the 2nd half of Beauty is win. It's the first part that sucks.

Like how it gets right into the solo at the beginning of Snuff, personally.

Btw, I hated Americon. Only track I had a dislike for. Not just because it had a stupid message, but because it was a boring song.

After giving it a few spins, A World Painted Blood is definitely their best album since Seasons in the Abyss. Not amazing, but decent.

Melodic, not dark metal isn't too bad (it there really is such a thing). When it comes to "hardcore" and dark metal, I can't stand it. There is enough suffering and darkness in the world, I don't want it anywhere near my music or soul. Some listen to music to "rock", music for me is an escape to somewhere more beautiful.

On a side note, my sister listens almost exclusively to dark, depressing music and it never helps make her less anxious or happy. I'm not sure I'll ever understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101;517402;
    Melodic, not dark metal isn't too bad (it there really is such a thing). When it comes to "hardcore" and dark metal, I can't stand it. There is enough suffering and darkness in the world, I don't want it anywhere near my music or soul. Some listen to music to "rock", music for me is an escape to somewhere more beautiful.

On a side note, my sister listens almost exclusively to dark, depressing music and it never helps make her less anxious or happy. I'm not sure I'll ever understand it.

Sounds like you need some Torche, heavy but fun metal.

Glad this thread got dragged up. New High On Fire song debuted today. Probably gonna be the best metal album of the year.

http://stereogum.com/archives/new_hi...re_108881.html

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;517404;
    Sounds like you need some Torche, heavy but fun metal.

Glad this thread got dragged up. New High On Fire song debuted today. Probably gonna be the best metal album of the year.

http://stereogum.com/archives/new_hi...re_108881.html
    No disrespect meant, but you actually enjoy that?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

This will not end well.
    WAR is good for something.

Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101;517402;

Careful now, you'll be labeled "Old Timey".
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;517406;
    No disrespect meant, but you actually enjoy that?
    Yes, why?

CEO of the Casas Fan Club Dipre's Avatar

*Grabs popcorn*
    WAR is good for something.