Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 MLB Draft Discussion

2008 MLB Draft Discussion

Keith Law came out with his top 60 prospects today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/draft2...ory?id=3388073

I played soccer with Casey Kelly (No. 21) when we were both 11 year old kids. He's got a scholarship to play both football and baseball at Tennessee, but he's a much better baseball player.

Buster Posey, is my favorite for the number one selection. Catcher who can hit the ball for power, and average.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Re: 2008 MLB Draft Discussion

Time for Yeszir to hype Pedro Alvarez much better then he actually is.

Forgot about that.

Does anyone have any first hand accounts of any of the prospects in the draft?

(Thumper probably played with Shooter Hunt in High School)
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

This is my rifle....

My first hand accounts date back to Bill Pulsipher, who I played against when I was 13 and 14.

The most recent mock drafts I have seen have the sox taking a HS SS with pick #1, the name slips my mind right now, but apparently the sox love him. Power projection, fast and has a good eye for an 18yr old

The Yankees have had some interesting speculation. I have seen Ike Davis dropping to us in one, but the majority of the mocks have him going in the earlier picks. A few others have some interesting prospects.

Tanner Scheppers, one of the hardest throwing pitchers out there is reportedly asking for top 4 draft pick kind of money, signalling to some that he has already reached a deal. The speculation is that Scheppers is pushing himself out of the first round and the yankees may select him later.

The other names that keep falling are the HS lefty Lobstein and the HS righty with the best arm in the draft (but has criminal issues apparently) in Cole.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1;323587;
    Time for Yeszir to hype Pedro Alvarez much better then he actually is.
    He's SOOOOOO good. I came into this thread specifically to do this.

Evil Emperor

2008 MLB First Year Player Draft

So MLB.com is reporting that the Rays are gonna take Tim Beckham. The Pirates are probably gonna take Alvarez. Posey is a guy I've been following closely. I doubt he makes it past the Orioles at 4, with probably KC or Baltimore picking him up.

Anyway, we'll see soon enough. I'm also interested to see this Negro League "Draft" at 1. Should be interesting.

Evil Emperor

Re: 2008 MLB First Year Player Draft

Apparently all of the picks for the Negro League draft have been determined.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...2008&fext=.jsp

Decent pick by the sox but I feel that Colzie's lost something on his fastball in the 60 odd years since he last pitched.

The Colorado Rockies are clearly this year's draft winner.

Do you think that the sox will trade for a SS like T. Beckham? What do you think it will take if they do?

My T-Hawks are going up against Keith Landers today. He might be a middle 1st round pick.

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

Sox need a catcher - a real one. They always pick the best talent available at the time, but I think they should just grab the best available catcher first this year.

Evil Emperor

:lol:

Didn't see the other thread in the Minor League forum. If you want we can just take this discussion over there..

Quote Originally Posted by The Prodigy;327382;
    Do you think that the sox will trade for a SS like T. Beckham? What do you think it will take if they do?
    No. Besides, if you mean trade picks, you can't.

I just merged the two threads on the draft