Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4/19 Lefty Lester vs. The Lone Rangers

Re: 4/19 Lefty Lester vs. The Lone Rangers

nice time to be a boston fan eh fellas
    wow
    bruins in a wild one
    why phil kessel sat is beyond me as hes been the best player on the ice this week
    and the sox put 2 in the rangers hat execution style while paps buries another body
    mind boggling how manny stays on the ball and the other teams still pitch to him rather than youkilis

Fenway Resident

Manny! MVP! The bad man is on pace for a 51 HR/170 RBI season

Oh and Happy Birthday to me, some good luck afterall B)
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Quote Originally Posted by Beaneater;320384;
    Thanks. Did they have the shift on?
    Yes, they had the shift on. When he dove for the ball, he was already in short RF. It would have been tough for him to throw out Papi if he picked it up cleanly. He was pretty far out and he dove to his backhand. When the ball trickled away, it rolled behind him allowing Pedroia to score. Pedroia got a good read and a good jump off second base.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;320374;
    He's actually throwing strikes tonight, which I suppose is nice, but the strikes he throws are easy ones to handle. Like I said last time he pitched, until he start commanding the ball around the knees, he's going to suck. Get well, Bartolo.
    His problem seems to be that he can't throw strikes down in the zone. Most of his strikes are up in the zone. The result will be lots of hits if he continues to locate there. Someone pointed this out in his last start. It might have been ORS. I was at the game tonight, and I took not of how seldom he threw a strike low in the zone. There has to be something they can do with his delivery to help that situation.

I didn't see where Pedroia's ball hit in the 8th inning. How far above the OF ers glove did it hit. It was a real wall scraper. Did Manny's ball leave Fenway? I didn't see it land.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;320399;
    His problem seems to be that he can't throw strikes down in the zone. Most of his strikes are up in the zone. The result will be lots of hits if he continues to locate there. Someone pointed this out in his last start. It might have been ORS. I was at the game tonight, and I took not of how seldom he threw a strike low in the zone. There has to be something they can do with his delivery to help that situation.

I didn't see where Pedroia's ball hit in the 8th inning. How far above the OF ers glove did it hit. It was a real wall scraper. Did Manny's ball leave Fenway? I didn't see it land.
    It hit the light tower on its way out, and still left the yard.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200804192556826
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;320402;
    It hit the light tower on its way out, and still left the yard.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200804192556826
    Thanks for the link. It was quite a blast.