Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 4/1 @ Oakland

Re: 4/1 @ Oakland

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOfSoxNation;317093;
    I said that he was invaluable behind the plate...I'm still giving him credit for his performance on the other side of the ball even though that has deteriorated as the years have passed as well.

I also know that a team will take an outstanding offensive catcher over an outstanding defensive catcher any day. Look at Mike Piazza...dude sucked behind the plate yet never had a problem finding a home.

I hear ya

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;317146;
    Yeah, like Buchholtz no hitter and Schilling's "almost" no hitter. Gotcha.
    Glad to see you guys don't need me any more in a Tek debate.

Last night was a good redemption for him - but Tek will still have to put up some offensive numbers to justify a contract extension. Tek's game calling have been somewhat predictable and I have never bought into all his intangible captain craps ( just like I think Jeter's captainship is overrated). He can't throw runners out at second any more either. I will be happy if he can turn the corner around - but I do think we need to look for his replacement for next season if his offensive numbers do not improve.

Quote Originally Posted by das11209;317148;
    Glad to see you guys don't need me any more in a Tek debate.

Last night was a good redemption for him - but Tek will still have to put up some offensive numbers to justify a contract extension. Tek's game calling have been somewhat predictable and I have never bought into all his intangible captain craps ( just like I think Jeter's captainship is overrated). He can't throw runners out at second any more either. I will be happy if he can turn the corner around - but I do think we need to look for his replacement for next season if his offensive numbers do not improve.
    You must have missed last night's game, he got Suzuki out at 2nd when he attempted to steal. It was sweet!

All-Star

Dice-K was dirty

This is my rifle....

Game thread? Starts in 2.5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;317167;
    Game thread? Starts in 2.5 hours.
    Yeah, I had a test but I'll put it up in a few minutes to keep the Manny mojo rolling.
    "Knicks suck, Jets suck, Yankees suck"

-Peter Griffin, talking to a New Yorker