PDA

View Full Version : Sox and Fukodome?

BSN07
12-05-2007, 02:24 PM
• The Cubs are considered the favorite for top Japanese League outfielder Hiroki Fukudome. But the Red Sox could be an interesting possibility, as well.

Got it from SI... Where would he play?

Jayhawk Bill
12-05-2007, 02:28 PM
• The Cubs are considered the favorite for top Japanese League outfielder Hiroki Fukudome. But the Red Sox could be an interesting possibility, as well.

Got it from SI... Where would he play?

I'm guessing Chicago. :lol:

Seriously, Boston has a full outfield, and players don't normally come from Japan to sit on the bench.

26 to 6
12-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Fukudome, IMO is being a little overvalued this offseason. Dont get me wrong, he's a good dependable player, above average by NPB standards, but I dont see his game translating well to the bigs. Thats not to say he wont succeed and do well, but I think giving him the type of money that he is likely to get is a big mistake by any team, with the exception of the Yomiuri Giants, who are the only NPB team in the running. And I only say that because he's played well over there. He's not Ichiro or Matsui, and defensively he may not even be comparable to Tsuyoshi Shinjo back when he was over here. If the Cubs (who appearantly are the ML favorites, and seem to have been for quite a few weeks now), or any other team for that matter want to pay him that money then go for it, but I think it would be a mistake.

26 to 6
12-05-2007, 03:01 PM
Also, Fukudome is Kosuke, Hiroki is Kuroda