PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Boston JD Drew

jacksonianmarch
10-20-2007, 09:32 PM
As much as I loved the idea of Drew sucking this season, he came up huge tonight and deserves his props. He was money tonight

example1
10-20-2007, 09:39 PM
As much as I loved the idea of Drew sucking this season, he came up huge tonight and deserves his props. He was money tonight

I haven't shit too hard on Drew this year, saying that all he needed to do to redeme himself was to get a hit in a big game. Well done JD. Well done!

Beckett95
10-20-2007, 11:25 PM
tomorow night its dice-k's turn

TheKilo
10-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Those of us who didn't quit on him all year look like fucking geniuses.

MANNYHOF24
10-20-2007, 11:59 PM
I never completely quit on J.D. however that didnt mean I thought he was going to have a big postseason. Props to J.D. for proving me wrong. Hears to a great game 7 and world series if we are fortunate enough to get there.

TheKilo
10-21-2007, 01:08 AM
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/10/20/1192929106_0847.jpg

example1
10-21-2007, 02:04 AM

Calling a spade a spade. I like it.

I don't think that those who did support him did so with much flare. I just figured that the first season of a 5 year deal is too early to judge a guy who can swing like JD can. He's not totally off the shit-list, but I'm willing to wipe the slate clean for this year.

See Red
10-21-2007, 02:25 AM
It's what I love about baseball. The guy had a bad year -- he certainly didn't earn the $14 million that the Red Sox paid him, whether there's a good excuse for it or not... but it's the playoffs, and you can change that perception with one great month, one great series, one great game... or in this case, one great swing. Good for JD Drew... I couldn't be happier for the man, and for the time being, with a game seven looming ahead, I couldn't be happier for the team.

BSN07
10-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Ive said all season that this was an adjustment year for Drew, and exoected him to produce more in the coming seasons, but one hell of a way tomake yourself known in Boston!

silvercreekcc2006
10-21-2007, 09:34 AM
I was wrong, but should have learned from history. Just about everyone in big markets have a lousy Year 1 in transition. The list is long. JD fits that description.

silvercreekcc2006
10-21-2007, 09:40 AM
And Gagne 1-2-3. Still shaking my head.

castigs850
10-21-2007, 09:49 AM
i was wrong, dead wrong. and i couldnt be happier about it. Welcome to Boston JD

Soxfan#1
10-21-2007, 11:15 AM
I just ignored him when he was playing like shit. Once Tek told us we needed to get behind him, he's had my full support.

Here comes the JD bandies

schillingouttheks
10-21-2007, 11:30 AM

Amen bro. Amen. It seemed like you, me, and See Red were the only people vocally defending him on a daily basis. I wanted to give everyone that had ever shit on Drew this season a big "FUCK YOU" and tell them to stop enjoying the moment. The people that had faith in him all year would savor the moment. I know I certainly did.

RedSoxRooter
10-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Amen bro. Amen. It seemed like you, me, and See Red were the only people vocally defending him on a daily basis. I wanted to give everyone that had ever shit on Drew this season a big "FUCK YOU" and tell them to stop enjoying the moment. The people that had faith in him all year would savor the moment. I know I certainly did.

I am savoring the moment, but I would be an idiot to expect anything from him again tonight. He's shown he's able to have a great game, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while, but he's still nobody I can depend on. But yes, he did good last night.

Gom
10-21-2007, 12:35 PM
I wonder....if JD Drew comes up with the tying and winning runs on base in the 9th inning and hits into a double play...what the fans will say about him then.

a700hitter
10-21-2007, 12:42 PM
I wonder....if JD Drew comes up with the tying and winning runs on base in the 9th inning and hits into a double play...what the fans will say about him then.After last night, I think we'll say: "thanks for getting us to game 7."

Edit: What did Yankee fans say to Joe Torre after 4 World Championships: "Don't let the Door Hit You in the Ass"

Gom
10-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Dude, I could have won 4 championships with that team over 12 years. Making the playoffs IS NOT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT with the teams he's been given.

See Red
10-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Dude, I could have won 4 championships with that team over 12 years. Making the playoffs IS NOT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT with the teams he's been given.

So when the team plays well enough to make the playoffs, they do so despite their manager... but when that same team all of a sudden doesn't play well enough to advance in the playoffs, then it's the managers fault? That doesn't make a lick of fucking sense.

a700hitter
10-21-2007, 02:20 PM
Dude, I could have won 4 championships with that team over 12 years. Making the playoffs IS NOT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT with the teams he's been given.Yeah, but you are the same guys that made him the toast of the town. Now, that the Yankees haven't closed the deal for a few years, you turn on him and say that anyone could have done it. I am sorry, but yYankee fans have already done to Torre what you said we will do to Drew if he fails tonight.

redsoxrules
10-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Amen bro. Amen. It seemed like you, me, and See Red were the only people vocally defending him on a daily basis.

and me <_<

TheKilo
10-22-2007, 12:09 AM
I am savoring the moment, but I would be an idiot to expect anything from him again tonight. He's shown he's able to have a great game, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while, but he's still nobody I can depend on. But yes, he did good last night.

Only a big insurance run in the 8th.

Dude was hitting .389 in the playoffs coming into tonight. Can we lay off him for a little bit?

a700hitter
10-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Only a big insurance run in the 8th.

Dude was hitting .389 in the playoffs coming into tonight. Can we lay off him for a little bit?He is very talented, and right now he is hot. There is no reason to crack on him. He gets a mulligan for the regular season. If he stays healthy, he should be better next year. This was a year of adjustments and personal family problems.

TheKilo
10-22-2007, 12:34 AM
He is very talented, and right now he is hot. There is no reason to crack on him. He gets a mulligan for the regular season. If he stays healthy, he should be better next year. This was a year of adjustments and personal family problems.

Agreed

See Red
10-22-2007, 01:36 AM
and me <_<

Don't mind, SOTK... he has this silly little habit of only mentioning the important people. :D :D

I kid, I kid. But seriously...

schillingouttheks
10-22-2007, 01:41 AM
and me <_<

Sorry. You too. I know you've been defending him.