PDA

View Full Version : Chamberlain and Kennedy promoted to AAA

jacksonianmarch
07-24-2007, 06:27 AM
http://blog.nj.com/ledgeryankees/2007/07/chamberlain_kennedy_promoted.html

Clippard and Wright demoted to AA, which should be expected since both have just totally lost the strike zone since being brutalized by big leaguers.

I like the fact that they are high on these two and like the promotions. But I am afraid that this means one or both may be ticketed for the bigs next season, which means that their arms may not be ready for the grind. Crossing fingers..

jacksonianmarch
07-24-2007, 06:29 AM
ESPN is reporting that the Yankees brass got together to discuss trades. I would assume that they arent moving these guys up to showcase since showcasing is not typically done by taking a player who is dominating and giving him a new challenge. But we shall see. The brass has done stupid things before. These two should be totally off limits.

He Hate Me
07-25-2007, 04:10 PM
I've heard from a couple of places that if Chamberlain comes up, it will be as a late inning reliever. I honestly was never that high on Clippard to begin with, he reminded me a lot of the Wade Taylor days.

jacksonianmarch
07-25-2007, 04:24 PM
I've heard from a couple of places that if Chamberlain comes up, it will be as a late inning reliever. I honestly was never that high on Clippard to begin with, he reminded me a lot of the Wade Taylor days.

I really like his changeup. But his biggest attribute coming into this season was pinpoint control. And it is pretty obvious that he lost that.

He Hate Me
07-25-2007, 04:26 PM
I really like his changeup. But his biggest attribute coming into this season was pinpoint control. And it is pretty obvious that he lost that.

he really didn't look that impressive. his stuff didn't stand out and at best I thought he would be a #5 guy, or maybe middle relief guy. its too bad, after reading some scouting reports, i really was expecting much better.

jacksonianmarch
07-25-2007, 06:59 PM
BTW, Chamberlain has struck out 7 in his first 3 innings of AAA ball.

schillingouttheks
07-25-2007, 07:05 PM
BTW, Chamberlain has struck out 7 in his first 3 innings of AAA ball.

Jesus. It seems like you post something about a different Yankees' minor league arm striking out people at a ridiculous rate every other day. Are they really as good as they seem?

Then again, every pitcher in the Yanks' system is supposed to be a stud so maybe asking you isn't the best idea, lol.

jacksonianmarch
07-25-2007, 07:07 PM
9K in 4IP. Chamberlain has been solid.

jacksonianmarch
07-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Jesus. It seems like you post something about a different Yankees' minor league arm striking out people at a ridiculous rate every other day. Are they really as good as they seem?

Then again, every pitcher in the Yanks' system is supposed to be a stud so maybe asking you isn't the best idea, lol.

Most of the yankees prospects I was posting about had been AA and below. The guys at AAA were fringe or disappointing to say the least. Now that Chamberlain and Kennedy are up in AAA, maybe there will be some stability at all levels.

On another note, Alan Horne pitched 1 run ball with 7K's in 8 innings today in a ND.

In terms of guys with big time stuff...

Chamberlain with his power heat and slider
Kennedy with his off-speed stuff and control
Horne with his power sinker and curve
Kontos with the power fastball/slider combo

Those are the 4 guys with the highest ceilings from A+ ball and up. The yankees do have a lot of back end of the rotation guys who are excelling as well. The pitching is solid in the system. The hitting, OTOH, not so much.

ORS
07-25-2007, 07:12 PM

What kills me is the BTW. Hahah, what a crock. There's nothing "by the way" about it. He's intentionally shoving it in our faces, which is fine, but the attempt to make it like its a casual mentioning is hilarious.

jacksonianmarch
07-25-2007, 07:17 PM
that will be it for Chamberlain. They are in a rain delay. No way they risk it.

jacksonianmarch
07-25-2007, 07:40 PM
guess not.

5IP 4H 0ER 1BB 10K

jacksonianmarch
07-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Kennedy matches him...

6IP 2H 0ER 2BB 6K

jacksonianmarch
07-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Per Michael Kay...

The Yankees have converted Joba Chamberlain to a reliever in AAA and will likely call him up in the near future.

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD MOVE!!! The last thing I want is this kid, who has injury questions, to enter the Joe Torre bullpen bootcamp.

jacksonianmarch
07-31-2007, 07:44 AM
Joba K'd the side last night in his only inning of relief...

Yankees senior vice president of baseball operations Mark Newman, who got a report from pitching coordinator Nardi Contreras, said of Chamberlain's outing: "Great. His first fastball was 95. He hit 100. He got one strikeout with a fastball, one with a curveball and one with a slider."

jacksonianmarch
08-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Kennedy threw 6 shutout innings today against the Pawsox, allowing 5 hits, 1 walk and striking out 9. His ERA in AAA is 1.06. He is absolutely dominating the minors this yr.

jacksonianmarch
08-10-2007, 09:53 PM
I just remembered. We got both of these guys by letting Gordon go. SWEET.

jacksonianmarch
08-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Kennedy through 5IP, 2H, 1ER, 4K 0BB. Kid is dynamite.

Gom
08-19-2007, 04:22 AM
I just remembered. We got both of these guys by letting Gordon go. SWEET.

We did? Any documentation on that, I'd be curious to see it. I knew about Joba, but not Kennedy.

jacksonianmarch
08-19-2007, 08:07 AM
We did? Any documentation on that, I'd be curious to see it. I knew about Joba, but not Kennedy.

Yeah, that was Philly's pick. Just think common sense. Kennedy was the 21st pick after the 2005 season in which we were a playoff team. The top 8 teams make the playoffs, it obviously wasnt our pick. And the only type A we lost that yr was Gordon.

Gom
08-19-2007, 10:18 AM
Ok, so Kennedy was't compensation, but Joba was. That's what I thought.

Rdsxmbnt
08-19-2007, 10:51 AM
No it was compensation, you get the teams first round pick and a supp. pick for a type A.

Its funny because the Yankees have gotten Hughes and Kennedy from Phillies picks and they have Jon Lieber and Tom Gordon to show for it.

jacksonianmarch
08-19-2007, 07:48 PM
No it was compensation, you get the teams first round pick and a supp. pick for a type A.

Its funny because the Yankees have gotten Hughes and Kennedy from Phillies picks and they have Jon Lieber and Tom Gordon to show for it.

Hughes was a comp pick for Pettitte I believe.

Rdsxmbnt
08-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Hughes was a comp pick for Pettitte I believe.

Ya your right, I was thinking about the CJ Henry pick.

jacksonianmarch
08-22-2007, 05:49 PM
So for letting Tom Gordon go and having Andy be on sabbatical for 3 yrs, we got 3 of the top young pitching talents in the game. I'll take it. I am just glad we didnt deal these kids away for nothing like we would have in yrs past.