PDA

View Full Version : Pineiro DFA

SCM33
07-22-2007, 08:05 PM
See ya later buddy.

Wonder if they have a deal lined up, unless they look awfully foolish throwing 4M at the guy.

TheKilo
07-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Well haven't they already paid him like 2 million?

SCM33
07-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Well haven't they already paid him like 2 million?

Ahhh, he gets all the money he signed for I believe. This isnt the NFL, MLB is guarenteed money. He will make a minimum of 4M and had the opportunity to make more with closer perks.

If he was traded, the receiving team will pick up the remainder of whatever is left. If not RS eat it all.

TheKilo
07-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Ahhh, he gets all the money he signed for I believe. This isnt the NFL, MLB is guarenteed money. He will make a minimum of 4M and had the opportunity to make more with closer perks.

If he was traded, the receiving team will pick up the remainder of whatever is left. If not RS eat it all.

Well yeah but what I'm saying is he's technically earned over half because he's pitched over half the year, right? Technically they're only "wasting" what they haven't payed him.

Whatever, he gets 4 mil regardless.

Ray10
07-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Hmm sounds like the Sox plan on moving him but who knows.

SCM33
07-24-2007, 02:52 PM
If a team made a deal for him, I am sure Boston would have to eat an additional 1M, so Boston would pay 3M and the receiving team would pay 1M.

riverside sluggers
07-25-2007, 04:41 PM
No takers for Pineiro. Rather than waiting around for another team, he has unexpectedly accepted an assignment to the Paw Sox

Pineiro starts in Toledo
By Nick Cafardo, Globe Staff
CLEVELAND - Joel Pineiro has accepted an assignment to Pawtucket and will start tonight for the PawSox vs. Toledo.

Pineiro, 1-1 with a 5.03 ERA in 31 appearances, was designated for assignment by the Sox on Monday. He cleared waivers and rather than see if another team picked him up, decided to stay with the Sox organization. That's very rare.

The Sox tried to deal Pineiro, but there were no takers. Pineiro is scheduled to pitch three innings tonight.

schillingouttheks
07-25-2007, 05:49 PM
:lol: Well at least he's not pitching on the Red Sox... the Boston Red Sox that is.

SCM33
07-25-2007, 05:53 PM
No takers for Pineiro. Rather than waiting around for another team, he has unexpectedly accepted an assignment to the Paw Sox

Damnit Pineiro.....go away.

MarkTaylor
07-26-2007, 04:32 PM

well atleast he can sit in Pawtucket and go away at the end of the season....

now that he's accepted the optional assignment, does that mean he's off the 40 man?

toledosoxfan
07-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Joel started Wednesday night here in Toledo and looked very good. It is a shame that injuries have hindered his season, but he just really didn't seem to fit in well with the bullpen. Hopefully after this year, he'll find a good home.

CrespoBlows
07-27-2007, 12:31 AM
Joel started Wednesday night here in Toledo and looked very good. It is a shame that injuries have hindered his season, but he just really didn't seem to fit in well with the bullpen. Hopefully after this year, he'll find a good home.

He wasn't that great in the starting rotation, either.

toledosoxfan
07-27-2007, 12:36 AM
I know that, but since he accepted the DFA, there isn't much the Sox can do with him except maximize his arm. Perhaps someone this offseason will see him as a viable starter/long relief guy or something, or maybe he can be packaged for another arm at the deadline.

Migual Cabrera 2 sox 2009
12-22-2009, 03:27 AM
Looking back. Isn't it crazy this guy is considered the best SP on the market? Oh my what the NL does for you.

BoSox21
12-22-2009, 11:08 AM
what a stupid bump

Dojji
12-22-2009, 11:39 AM
I dunno, I'm guessing we've all thought that at least once in the meantime. not worth the necropost tho.

Personally I think we're way too eager to snap into "GRR SNARL IDIOT KILL" mode around here.

BoSox21
12-22-2009, 11:58 AM
I disagree. I made my opinion known using a very lightly-worded criticism of the action that was taken.

Dojji
12-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I wasn't responding to just this one thing though.