PDA

View Full Version : June 7th @ Oakland - Curt's Near No-No

Pages : [1] 2

ORS
06-07-2007, 08:00 AM
That's right, I didn't follow the thread title format. You know why? Because the shit ends tonight. A Sox loss combined with a Yankee win is like a rain storm because the worms come out. You can see it with the return of Gom and others of his ilk.

So, it's time to stop the rain.

Long as I remember the rain been comin down.
Clouds of mystry pourin confusion on the ground.
Good men through the ages, tryin to find the sun;
And I wonder, still I wonder, wholl stop the rain?

I went down virginia, seekin shelter from the storm.
Caught up in the fable, I watched the tower grow.
Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains.
And I wonder, still I wonder wholl stop the rain?

Heard the singers playin, how we cheered for more.
The crowd had rushed together, tryin to keep warm.
Still the rain kept pourin, fallin on my ears.
And I wonder, still I wonder wholl stop the rain?

Curt will stop the rain, that's who. Today, we go to the old war horse. Old blood and guts (and bloody socks). This is a big game, and while Beckett may be the ace of the staff, Curt is still the big game pitcher. Today he shows it again.

http://www.francisward.com/images/warhorse.gif vs. http://www.doubledogmusic.com/images/2005/piggy_blanton_small.jpg

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 08:51 AM
just win.....please!

Gom
06-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Considering I said I was going away and I didn't get to enjoy our series win over you, yeah, it brings me out of the wood work. Once again, intelligence and ORS are foreign to each other. I hope you guys lose again, just for that comment. I am using my anti-Sox mojo just because of you ORS. If you guys lose, especially a close one, it was you incurred the wrath for your team and caused your inglorious defeat.

ORS
06-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Considering I said I was going away and I didn't get to enjoy our series win over you, yeah, it brings me out of the wood work. Once again, intelligence and ORS are foreign to each other. I hope you guys lose again, just for that comment. I am using my anti-Sox mojo just because of you ORS. If you guys lose, especially a close one, it was you incurred the wrath for your team and caused your inglorious defeat.
Same story every time, Gom. Same story. When they lose you're tougher to find than a straight chick at the Lilith Fair. "I was out of town", "I was going out", "The dog ate my computer". Not buying. And, if you were going, then why are you here? Words betrayed by actions once again. You are what you are, worm-boy, and everyone can see it.

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 09:44 AM
The sox have not lost a game yet this year played on a thursday....let the trend continue

BSN07
06-07-2007, 09:47 AM
The sox have not lost a game yet this year played on a thursday....let the trend continue

Bit of a stretch buy hey what the hell.....Lets Go Sox! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!:thumbsup:

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 09:48 AM
Considering I said I was going away and I didn't get to enjoy our series win over you, yeah, it brings me out of the wood work.

So if we start ripping wins again and put it back to 14games or so, will you go away again?

Once again, intelligence and ORS are foreign to each other.

All i can take from this is either:

A-You are brand new to the site

B-Rational thought escapes you

C-Your hatred for everything redsox overwhelms your normal brain functions

I hope you guys lose again, just for that comment. I am using my anti-Sox mojo just because of you ORS. If you guys lose, especially a close one, it was you incurred the wrath for your team and caused your inglorious defeat.

As good as it's been lately, you're still 10.5 games back:lol:

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Bit of a stretch buy hey what the hell.....Lets Go Sox! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!:thumbsup:

I'll take what i can get right now:)

Anuj09
06-07-2007, 10:50 AM
WIN FUCKERS WIN

adam123
06-07-2007, 11:26 AM
We need win bad . dont let the yankees back in it . Schill we need you man .

redsoxrules
06-07-2007, 11:32 AM

their also 15-3 in day games , so yes let the trend continue

adam123
06-07-2007, 11:51 AM
I just wana say sorry I caused us to loose I bet the sox last night . I will never bet on them again.

riverside sluggers
06-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Its sounding like Tito wants to give Manny the day off... he also might give other players a day off, basically game 1 redux. Ok I know its on the west coast but this is a must win game as any with your trusted stopper pitching, why baby and rest players?

I'll update the lineups once more info comes in

Curt Schilling (13 games vs Oakland, 4-3 with a 3.13 ERA---Career at McAfee Coliseum in 5 games, 2-1 with a 3.91 ERA)
Shannon Stewart, 2 for 11 (.182 avg)
Mark Ellis, 5 for 18 (.278 avg) Double, Triple, HR, 2 RBIs, Walk, 2 Ks
Nick Swisher, 2 for 14 (.143 avg) Double, RBI, 6 Ks
Eric Chavez, 1 for 20 (.050 avg) Double, 2 RBIs, 2 Walks, 4 Ks
Jack Cust, 1 for 4 (.250 avg) 2 Ks
Dan Johnson, 1 for 7 (.143 avg) HR, RBI, Walk, 2 Ks
Marco Scutaro, 3 for 12 (.250 avg) K
Mark Kotsay, 22 for 76 (.289 avg) 4 Doubles, Triple, 6 RBIs, 3 Walks, 16 Ks
Jason Kendall, 21 for 71 (.296 avg) 4 Doubles, 3 HRs, 6 RBIs, 3 Walks, 7 Ks
///
Milton Bradley, 2 for 12 (.167 avg) RBI, 2 Ks
Travis Buck, 2 for 3 (.667 avg) Double
Bobby Crosby, 3 for 15 (.200 avg) 5 Ks
Adam Melhuse, 0 for 4, 3 Ks

Joe Blanton (4 games vs Boston, 2-1 with a 2.65 ERA---Career at McAfee Coliseum in 39 games, 17-12 with a 3.63 ERA)
Julio Lugo, 5 for 18 (.278 avg) 2 Doubles, 2 RBIs, 2 Ks
Kevin Youkilis, 1 for 7 (.143 avg) RBI, 2 Walks, K, SB
David Ortiz, 4 for 11 (.364 avg) HR, 2 RBIs, Walk, 2 Ks
Manny Ramirez, 5 for 9 (.556 avg) RBI, 2 Walks, K :( no day off
J.D. Drew, 2 for 7 (.286 avg)
Mike Lowell, 1 for 8 (.125 avg) RBI, Walk, SB
Jason Varitek, 3 for 12 (.250 avg) 3 Ks
Alex Cora, 0 for 3
Coco Crisp, 2 for 11 (.182 avg) Double, Walk, SB
///
Eric Hinske, 1 for 15 (.067 avg) Double, 2 Ks
Dustin Pedroia, 0 for 3

Schilling this season vs Oakland in 2 games, 1-0 with a 1.13 ERA. On the road in 6 games, 4-2 with a 3.44 ERA

Blanton this season vs Boston in 2 games, 0-1 with a 3.19 ERA. At home in 6 games, 2-2 with a 1.91 ERA

adam123
06-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Whats up riverside . Man these A's are killing me its not even the second half of the season yet . We cant let them sweep us .

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Its sounding like Tito wants to give Manny the day off... he also might give other players a day off, basically game 1 redux. Ok I know its on the west coast but this is a must win game as any with your trusted stopper pitching, why baby and rest players?

I'll update the lineups once more info comes in

Schilling this season vs Oakland in 1 game, 2.57 ERA. On the road in 5 games, 3-2 with a 4.40 ERA

Blanton this season vs Boston in 1 game, 5.14 ERA. At home in 5 games, 2-1 with a 2.04 ERA

He just fucking went out of his mind last night on the umpire...and now he wants to rest players? Let them play...there's a reason you went out of your mind last night. That was to get this team off their asses and playing like they're supposed to. And now he wants to rest them? Huh?

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Whats up riverside . Man these A's are killing me its not even the second half of the season yet . We cant let them sweep us .

Please stop. The sucking up is killing me. It's only going to make your red mark redder.

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 12:12 PM
I wonder if Schilling is a Silent Killer Gas Passer? Mr. Really Really Really Bad Dancer didn't help us tonight, but let's hope this guy can...

be9kvJgQUCU

Seldini
06-07-2007, 12:20 PM
I wonder if Schilling is a Silent Killer Gas Passer? Mr. Really Really Really Bad Dancer didn't help us tonight, but let's hope this guy can...

be9kvJgQUCU

You forget. Schilling doesn't do anything silently. He probably calls up EEI everytime he breaks wind.

adam123
06-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Please stop. The sucking up is killing me. It's only going to make your red mark redder.

Hey I am just trying to be friendly . everyone else say hows it going .But If I say whats Up I am kiss ass ? Ok ?

BoSox21
06-07-2007, 12:21 PM
You forget. Schilling doesn't do anything silently. He probably calls up EEI everytime he breaks wind.

or when Meter criticizes him

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 12:24 PM

:lol: Fair enough. Touche.

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Hey I am just trying to be friendly . everyone else say hows it going .But If I say whats Up I am kiss ass ? Ok ?

No, no one else is saying that. You said it yourself: "I'm giving rep points trying to regain my reputation." That's sucking up Adam. You get good rep by being a contributing member who posts legibly (and given a keyboard, I'm surprised that you still can't do that). You state the obvious in every one of your posts. You don't have thoughts that you come up with on your own. All of your posts are 3 sentences at max.

BoSox21
06-07-2007, 12:31 PM
No, no one else is saying that. You said it yourself: "I'm giving rep points trying to regain my reputation." That's sucking up Adam. You get good rep by being a contributing member who posts legibly (and given a keyboard, I'm surprised that you still can't do that). You state the obvious in every one of your posts. You don't have thoughts that you come up with on your own. All of your posts are 3 sentences at max.

exactly. for example adam, if you posted saying "this losing streak sucks, a win tonight would be nice", that would pretty much be par for the course with you

adam123
06-07-2007, 12:34 PM
exactly. for example adam, if you posted saying "this losing streak sucks, a win tonight would be nice", that would pretty much be par for the course with you

Ok I just try to keep it short so know one rips on me . I will try to make my posts a little longer.

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 12:37 PM
Ok I just try to keep it short so know one rips on me . I will try to make my posts a little longer.

Only do it if you have something interesting to say. I don't wanna read something that says:

Schling is pichng good . way to go man ya . this is 3rd sntince ony 1 mor ! red sox are awsum 4 da win !!! !!! !11 hey guys this is 5th sentince cn i b mod now ? ?

adam123
06-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Only do it if you have something interesting to say. I don't wanna read something that says:

Schling is pichng good . way to go man ya . this is 3rd sntince ony 1 mor ! red sox are awsum 4 da win !!! !!! !11 hey guys this is 5th sentince cn i b mod now ? ?

So than your telling me I am the worst poster on here. So no one else on here has had a bad post ever . I am the only one with negative points thats bullshit . I have done nothing but be nice giving people good reps when they have good topic's .

Fried Neckbones
06-07-2007, 12:50 PM
It's not so much Schill that bother me today - it's the sorry state of the offense. 2 runs in the past 2 games. That's just sad. It shouldn't be a matter of guys being tired, either. They just had an off day on the 31st, and another one a week before that. Yes, there was a tough homestand against the Yanks and then a flight to the West coast, but come on. Schill will give his all and step up (as much as he is able - that game against Cleveland not withstanding I'm still not totally convinced he can bring it like he used to), but the O needs to start hitting again to get this crap turned around.

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 12:57 PM
So than your telling me I am the worst poster on here. So no one else on here has had a bad post ever . I am the only one with negative points thats bullshit . I have done nothing but be nice giving people good reps when they have good topic's .

Oh. My. God. You are so beyond repair. FOLLOW ME. You get negative points because you do NOT contribute. You make a fool out of yourself. Every single one of your posts is bad. Other people have bad posts, but they have 100 times as many good posts as bad posts. You have JUST bad posts. I don't know how to tell you how to do better, but whatever you're doing now is obviously not working. You've been nice giving people good rep because you hope you'll get it in return. You will NOT GET GOOD REP IN RETURN FOR DOING THAT. You will be taken more seriously if you CONTRIBUTE. All you do is state a fact. As in, JD Drew has to start hitting. You really believe that's worthy of praise/respect? That's a terrible post. We all know he has to start hitting. You have to read every single post in a thread, and continue the discussion with unique and informative thoughts. You do neither.

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 01:00 PM
It's not so much Schill that bother me today - it's the sorry state of the offense. 2 runs in the past 2 games. That's just sad. It shouldn't be a matter of guys being tired, either. They just had an off day on the 31st, and another one a week before that. Yes, there was a tough homestand against the Yanks and then a flight to the West coast, but come on. Schill will give his all and step up (as much as he is able - that game against Cleveland not withstanding I'm still not totally convinced he can bring it like he used to), but the O needs to start hitting again to get this crap turned around.

It's frustrating, but all of the Yankee games went on for a long time. They landed in California at 6am pacific time and had a game 13 hours later that went 12 innings. They're tired, and understandably so. They're also in a terrible, terrible slump. Tonight SHOULD be the night that they break out of it, so hopefully we'll see it. I'm not worried about much yet considering that our lead in the division allows for a slump, which all teams go through.

Besides, I'm looking for Schilling to come up huge tonight. He's had enough and I think he's going to give us a great outing to stop this skid and let us go into interleague play on a positive note, where we should rape the NL teams and get back on track.

ORS
06-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone knows who rep points came from. From what I can tell when I've looked at it, it doesn't tell you who gave you what rep in the User CP. So, my advice to you, adam, is give good or bad rep as the post warrants, not to build bridges because nobody knows it came from you.

riverside sluggers
06-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Phew! That sports flash on WEEI got me worried as I was driving to work. Lineups have been announced, Pedroia is the only regular getting a rest.

Even with Cora batting (and Dougie last night)... Crisp is still batting 9th. I think its safe to say after a week, Crisp's new spot is 9th. Soon enough he'll bat himself out of the lineup altogether

Thumper
06-07-2007, 01:08 PM
And God sendth, his last savior of this series, the Valiant, Father Curt Schilling. He shall stoppith the A's winning streak, with his mighty fastball, and his wicked breaking balls.
http://i.tsn.com/i/p/features/goodguys/schilling-curt-main.jpg

adam123
06-07-2007, 01:10 PM
Nice one man .Keep up the good work . Come schilling bring us a win .

Fried Neckbones
06-07-2007, 01:34 PM
I'm not worried about much yet considering that our lead in the division allows for a slump, which all teams go through.

Besides, I'm looking for Schilling to come up huge tonight. He's had enough and I think he's going to give us a great outing to stop this skid and let us go into interleague play on a positive note, where we should rape the NL teams and get back on track.

No doubt, no doubt. I've just seen too many fast starts for this team followed by a massive swoon. Am I a pessimist? Oh, yeah. I hate seeing Sox blood in the water, and the other AL East teams are better than the sub-.500 ball they have been playing so far. The gap is going to narrow before the end. I'm not hitting the panic button yet, I mean 9 games up is a fine place to be going into June, but the dog days are coming and, like you said, it would be nice to go into them on a high note.

Anuj09
06-07-2007, 01:34 PM
I hope Tito fired up the sox yesturday

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Nice one man .Keep up the good work . Come schilling bring us a win .

Just for future reference...that's called sucking up:)

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 01:45 PM
I didn't get to see the game last night, but want to go back and catch the tito meltdown since i keep hearing about it. Can anyone tell me what inning it happened in so i don't have to watch the whole game? Thanks

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 01:45 PM
I didn't get to see the game last night, but want to go back and catch the tito meltdown since i keep hearing about it. Can anyone tell me what inning it happened in so i don't have to watch the whole game? Thanks

Top 8.

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Top 8.

Thanks I'll check it out on MLBTV

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 01:51 PM
No problem. It's right after the high curveball during Pedroia's at bat.

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 01:55 PM
Wow, i have NEVER seen tito pissed like that. I hope he settles down (he had a valid argument) because we need him to be around in the future and not drop dead

adam123
06-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Just for future reference...that's called sucking up:)

I gave you good job and thats a suck up. I don't get that? I give a complement and you sya I am a suck up ? When your boss or co worker says good job at work to you there sucking up ?

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 02:03 PM
I gave you good job and thats a suck up. I don't get that? I give a complement and you sya I am a suck up ? When your boss or co worker says good job at work to you there sucking up ?

For the record i had no idea you were speaking to me. I don't have time to explain the difference between sucking up and a compliment. The bottom line is don't go out of your way to give a compliment..just think before you post and put thought into it.

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 02:05 PM
When Tito was on with Dale n Holley yesterday he said he was giving manram the day off today...i wonder what happened?

mtbykr
No problem. It's right after the high curveball during Pedroia's at bat.

I actually feel stupid now for asking before logging into MLBTV...it was one of the highlight clips on the right hand side-which tells you how the game was for the sox.

Fried Neckbones
Wow, i have NEVER seen tito pissed like that. I hope he settles down (he had a valid argument) because we need him to be around in the future and not drop dead

I just watched it on redsox.com too. That was pretty damn funny. I especially liked the part in the beginning where he ripped the chew out of his mouth and threw it on the ground. :thumbsup: Hopefully that'll wake up the team.

adam123
06-07-2007, 02:07 PM
For the record i had no idea you were speaking to me. I don't have time to explain the difference between sucking up and a compliment. The bottom line is don't go out of your way to give a compliment..just think before you post and put thought into it.

I did not go out of my way I liked what you posted so I told you so .

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 02:09 PM
I did not go out of my way I liked what you posted so I told you so .

Not only are you dumb, but you're full of shit.

He didn't even post in this thread until after you said that. Therefore, you did not say it to him. Don't become a liar now, adam.

adam123
06-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Not only are you dumb, but you're full of shit.

He didn't even post in this thread until after you said that. Therefore, you did not say it to him. Don't become a liar now, adam.

that good post comment was for thumper ? sorry miss communication

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 02:35 PM
What we need is a clean victory. Get runs early so Schilling can settle in and just worry about getting outs. Let's get back to our winning ways before heading out to the desert.

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Nice the MLBTV feed is NESN...glad it's not the oak feed as they were terrible

redsoxrules
06-07-2007, 02:38 PM
blue jays lost to tampa so lets go back to a double digit lead in the division

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Even though an out Lugo had a quality ab working the count

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 02:42 PM
I think Lugo should change his middle name to groundout. Julio Groundout Lugo. He grounds out almost twice as much as he flysout and it seems that half of his RBI's have come from groundouts.

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 02:43 PM
YEAH PAPI!

Way to get this fucking game started. About fucking time.

lorddraco98
that's a good way to start things off.

ORS
KAPOW!

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Thats what I'm talking about, Papi puts us on the board first. It's a party! http://planetsmilies.net/party-smiley-17172.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

ORS
:ortiz:

mtbykr
Nice tizzle...of course during youk's ab someone came into the office so i missed the HR

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 02:45 PM
This is exactly what I like to see from our 3-4. HR and single. Nice nice. Time for ... JD... I thought he was getting dropped in the lineup?

mtbykr
Well at least Drew hit it hard

TedWilliams101
Hey ORS, where did you get that Ortiz smilie from?

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 02:46 PM
This is exactly what I like to see from our 3-4. HR and single. Nice nice. Time for ... JD... I thought he was getting dropped in the lineup?

When Tito was on WEEI yesterday he said he thought about it but that he probably would do it becuase he'd like to keep the guys who are doing well hitting in the same spot instead of moving them all over the place

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Hey ORS, where did you get that Ortiz smilie from?

when you post click on "more" under the normal smiles

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 02:50 PM
You know, even though it was a 65MPH knuckleball, I still don't think I would have the balls to TRY and get hit.

ORS
06-07-2007, 02:53 PM
when you post click on "more" under the normal smiles

That or type - :ortiz:

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 02:55 PM
What the heck just happened there? Thank god nancy didn't get injured:lol: Ok, maybe a little too harsh, but seriously, what the heck was that?

Nice quick inning for Schilling. Didn't get that last FB as high as Tek wanted, but I'll take the out. Lets put up some crooked numbers now!

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 02:55 PM
nice job kendall! Now hit a HR deuce

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Another groundout. Do you guys think it's just a funk or that Oakland pitching has really done a good job to get soo many groundouts/DP?

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Another groundout. Do you guys think it's just a funk or that Oakland pitching has really done a good job to get soo many groundouts/DP?

probably a little of both

yankees228
06-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Off topic, I was reading through the first few pages on this thread and I had an idea I thought I would throw out there. If it's possible, maybe you guys should turn off Adam's rep because he seem's really concerned about it, when it really doesn't mean that much.

EDIT: I'm not sure if you can only turn off one person's rep though.

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Shill looks good early. He's locating his fastball well, keeping his pitches down, and he's got the split working. In previous bad starts his split usually breaks off to the side and not down where he wants it...today it's down

riverside sluggers
06-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Not too much to ask for, is it?

1. Youkilis 1b
2. Pedroia 2b
3. Ortiz dh
4. Ramirez lf
5. Drew rf
6. Lowell 3b
7. Varitek c
8. Pena cf
9. Lugo ss

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 03:09 PM
Did Oakland also retire Ecks number?

Nope, thats the lineup I would like to see most.

riverside sluggers
06-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Hey Blanton, keep trying to stare down that umpire! That way the Sox can get to the bullpen even sooner

jacksonianmarch
06-07-2007, 03:15 PM
anyone checking out the draft or no?

BTW, another pitchers duel. This has been a good series to watch, regardless of your allegiance. Good pitching all around.

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Not too much to ask for, is it?

1. Youkilis 1b
2. Pedroia 2b
3. Ortiz dh
4. Ramirez lf
5. Drew rf
6. Lowell 3b
7. Varitek c
8. Pena cf
9. Lugo ss

While i think the consistant ab's for ceranno would be great, i don't know if i want him in center everyday (although it's better than right). Coco's made some game changing plays out there!

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 03:19 PM
anyone checking out the draft or no?

BTW, another pitchers duel. This has been a good series to watch, regardless of your allegiance. Good pitching all around.

They mentioned brad mills son was drafted by cleveland at 13

riverside sluggers
06-07-2007, 03:25 PM
While i think the consistant ab's for ceranno would be great, i don't know if i want him in center everyday (although it's better than right). Coco's made some game changing plays out there!

Ok so Coco can be the late innings replacement for Wily Mo

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Yea, I wouldn't mind that. I love Coco's defense, he has saved a few games with his glove, but he can't get anything done offensively. It's reaching that point. WMP has been showing progress at the plate and in the field, so I'm down with WMP starting more often.

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 03:34 PM
Is it OK for me to mention anything about our pitching so far? :dunno:

redsoxrules
06-07-2007, 03:35 PM
holy fuck i cant wait to get out of oakland , and im glad we dont have to play them again , their pitching always shuts us down

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Yep, Arizon should be a good trip; Beckett, Matsuzaka, and Wake against a fairly weak lineup. It should come down to our offense.

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Sometimes Manny makes me nervous out about his defense... Almost overran that, nice recovery though.

This thread is dead, there was more going on before the game. Is everyone at work or something?

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Well it's a good thing Lugo is raking that way those errors don't stand out as much :)

ORS
06-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Lugo won't make it to the break in Boston if he keeps sucking and that play becomes as significant as it could.

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Lets just hope Lugo's error doesn't make a difference...

DrewDaGreat
06-07-2007, 03:48 PM
you asshole Lugo

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Good, and we're out of it.

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Shill's been great so far with a no hitter through 5. Would be a perfect game except for that error, but i won't go there :D

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 03:53 PM
I have always had no problem talking about these types of pitching performances, but today I won't mention it. And PS, your second sentence is incorrect, an error doesn't do anything. All that matters is the hit and walk column...

ORS
06-07-2007, 03:53 PM
Shill's been great so far with a no hitter through 5. Would be a perfect game except for that error, but i won't go there :D
There is a reason people weren't mentioning it.

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Sometimes Manny makes me nervous out about his defense... Almost overran that, nice recovery though.

This thread is dead, there was more going on before the game. Is everyone at work or something?

Well, it's an afternoon game on a Thursday, so I would imagine that's the case.

Anyway, it's not completely dead, which is a good thing.

I think after the past few nights, I don't take the peace on this board for granted anymore. RedsoxFanInNYC really changed the atmosphere despite being only one person.

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 03:54 PM
I have always had no problem talking about these types of pitching performances, but today I won't mention it. And PS, your second sentence is incorrect, an error doesn't do anything. All that matters is the hit and walk column...

I could have sworn a perfect game means no one reaches base. Are you sure?

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 03:55 PM
4-pitch walk to Ortiz. Nice way to start the inning. Lets cash in on walks for a change. Blanton is getting up there in his pitch count and Manny has been swinging well against him. Put up some crooked numbers.

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm pretty sure it just means no hits or walks. I could be wrong, but I don't think an error counts. I'll check.

Edit: you're right, no one can reach base. Damn, that sucks. Errors shouldn't and don't count in my book.

yankees228
06-07-2007, 03:57 PM
I could have sworn a perfect game means no one reaches base. Are you sure?

A perfect game is 27 up 27 down, and no one gets anything (H, BB, E, HBP, etc.).

ORS
06-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Perfect game is nobody on base. Lugo ruined it. And that is what I was alluding to in my post about him not surviving the home crowd if he doesn't start hitting. He just took a potentially historic moment away from the hero of the '04 postseason. If Curt goes on to finish what's possible, Lugo better start hitting, or the heat will get pretty strong.

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 03:58 PM
A perfect game is 27 up 27 down, and no one gets anything (H, BB, E, HBP, etc.).

that's what i thought

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 04:00 PM
AWESOME COCO. Way to keep it alive. Alright Schilling, I don't want to see another drive like that. Wow, 103 consecutive errorless games for Coco. That's impressive.

Alright guys, lets quit it with the pitching comments...

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Even though he doesn't dive, that's a webgem by coco all the way...i thought for sure it would get down (or gone) when it left the bat

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 04:02 PM
It's stuff like that which drives me crazy when I think about Coco on the bench. His bat is fucking abysmal, but his defense in CF so far has been invaluable.

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 04:03 PM
nice job shill...give coco a hug when you get to the dugout

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 04:03 PM
6 innings. The *unmentioned countdown begins.

*keep it unmentioned. Keep it in your head, no jinxs. Yes, even I'm avoiding the jinx...

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 04:05 PM
It's stuff like that which drives me crazy when I think about Coco on the bench. His bat is fucking abysmal, but his defense in CF so far has been invaluable.

Not to mention that when he does get on base he can score easliy becuase of his speed. It's just the bat that illudes him

Gom
Same story every time, Gom. Same story. When they lose you're tougher to find than a straight chick at the Lilith Fair. "I was out of town", "I was going out", "The dog ate my computer". Not buying. And, if you were going, then why are you here? Words betrayed by actions once again. You are what you are, worm-boy, and everyone can see it.

Nah, I went up to Moscow, Maine, to go White Water Rafting. Living up in the cabins, no TV, etc.

I did say I was going on vacation. So sorry, ORS, I don't live and breathe Talksox as you do. I come here as I wish, leave as I wish.

I still don't think my team can pull out of the whole, but like you, I enjoy the game. Unfortunately, you DON'T go away when your team sucks. I was here the entire season last year, and all but 10 days this season.

Did your parents have any children that lived?

schillingouttheks

*keep it unmentioned. Keep it in your head, no jinxs. Yes, even I'm avoiding the jinx...

... you just said stop talking about it. We obviously know what you're talking about, so just keep it in your head. You know what I'm talking about.

mtbykr

You still mentioned it;)

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I was here the entire season last year, and all but 10 days this season.

You joined on the day that the Boston Massacre was completed.

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Ok, good point. It's time for Coco to drive in a run.

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Goddamn it Cora. Coco please do something...we need another fucking run.

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 04:11 PM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR................

riverside sluggers
06-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Wily Mo Wily Mo

ORS
06-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Nah, I went up to Moscow, Maine, to go White Water Rafting. Living up in the cabins, no TV, etc.

I did say I was going on vacation. So sorry, ORS, I don't live and breathe Talksox as you do. I come here as I wish, leave as I wish.

I still don't think my team can pull out of the whole, but like you, I enjoy the game. Unfortunately, you DON'T go away when your team sucks. I was here the entire season last year, and all but 10 days this season.

Did your parents have any children that lived?
The season began on Aug 21? Oh that's right, that's when somebody had something big to gloat about. It's really no big deal, Gom. Everyone can see it. You aren't interested in this place unless you have a bit of shit to talk. Just admit it and we can move on.

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 04:13 PM
I wonder to what extent this has to do with the pinky he broke and how much it is still effecting his swing.

jacksonianmarch
06-07-2007, 04:14 PM
CURT SCHILLING IS THROWING A NO HITTER.

Gom
So if we start ripping wins again and put it back to 14games or so, will you go away again?
I go away in November/December for vacation. Thank you for your concern though. I'm touched.

All i can take from this is either:

A-You are brand new to the site

B-Rational thought escapes you

C-Your hatred for everything redsox overwhelms your normal brain functions

What I can take from what you said is this:

A) You are in love with ORS, and probably believe everything he says. In fact, I would gather that you have his most favorite quotes in a journal of some kind, and read them right before you go to bed.

B) If I'm drunk, and she's single, yes, I must admit, I often do not have a rational thought process. Here, however, is another story.

C) Considering how many posts I have and my join date to this site, I wouldn't consider myself new. I would, however, consider you clueless.

TedWilliams101
VERY nice recovery Lowell. I was sure that would be another error. Keep it together infield, keep it together.

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 04:15 PM
nice play deuce!

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 04:15 PM
I hate you Jacksonian. Please don't jinx this.

Coco's Disciples
06-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Wow, I've been watching since the 5th and I didn't realize whats going on...score mabes?

jacksonianmarch
06-07-2007, 04:16 PM
I hate you Jacksonian. Please don't jinx this.

NO HITTER THRU 6.2IP

jacksonianmarch
06-07-2007, 04:17 PM
THRU 7 IP

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 04:17 PM
:) 'atta boy Curt.

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Where's the ignore... Please Jacksonian, please.

ORS
06-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Where the ignore... Please Jacksonian, please.
It's a reverse lock on the jinx. If you want to ruin it, you actually help it. Everyone knows this.

Gom
06-07-2007, 04:20 PM
The season began on Aug 21? Oh that's right, that's when somebody had something big to gloat about. It's really no big deal, Gom. Everyone can see it. You aren't interested in this place unless you have a bit of shit to talk. Just admit it and we can move on.

It felt like I was here for longer, lol.

Of course I come here to needle, jab, etc. I also have fun, see the other side.

See, the whole thing about sports is that they are usually played by two teams. Strange to fathom, but usually, for whatever reasons, usually geography, people pick a team and support them. A lot of enjoyment usually comes from arguing, debating, etc., over the quality level of the two teams. Among the fans, this is called a "rivalry".

Now, sometimes, this rivalry becomes too much, and violence settles in. However, that is not the case. Usually it is a friendly banter back and forth, and from this most people take pleasure from it, they enjoy the atmosphere of the rivalry. I am from this school of thought.

Unfortunately for you, not everyone supports your team. It is probably beyond the scope of your little brain to understand why, but that's ok.

I mean, admit it ORS, it is a fantasy of yours that everyone roots for the Red Sox. Maybe all the other teams can disappear, and the Red Sox win the World Series year after year. All the hitters hit 1.000 and all the pitchers have ERA's of 0.00

Welcome to ORS heaven. It's ok if the jacket buttons in the back, trust us.

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 04:21 PM
Lugo has 3 groundouts and a strikeout.

Coco's Disciples

Strange but cool.

:lol:

Gom
It's a reverse lock on the jinx. If you want to ruin it, you actually help it. Everyone knows this.

GO SCHILLING! YOU'RE THE BEST! GO SOX! LOL!

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Lugo has 3 groundouts and a strikeout.

...and an error that could potentially cost Curt a perfect game.

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Come on Papi. More runs!

TedWilliams101
Oh, a Papi bunt single down the 3rd base line is priceless.

TedWilliams101
Youk, WTF?

riverside sluggers
06-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Youkilis what the fuck!?! Dont be greedy in a 1 run game

schillingouttheks
Good slide at second Youk...but going to third was fucking retarded. You don't have Lugo/Crisp speed and you're not going to beat the guy to third. Goddamn it. Now instead of first and second with 1 down and Manny up...it's just 1st with 2 down.

ORS
It felt like I was here for longer, lol.

Of course I come here to needle, jab, etc. I also have fun, see the other side.

See, the whole thing about sports is that they are usually played by two teams. Strange to fathom, but usually, for whatever reasons, usually geography, people pick a team and support them. A lot of enjoyment usually comes from arguing, debating, etc., over the quality level of the two teams. Among the fans, this is called a "rivalry".

Now, sometimes, this rivalry becomes too much, and violence settles in. However, that is not the case. Usually it is a friendly banter back and forth, and from this most people take pleasure from it, they enjoy the atmosphere of the rivalry. I am from this school of thought.

Unfortunately for you, not everyone supports your team. It is probably beyond the scope of your little brain to understand why, but that's ok.

I mean, admit it ORS, it is a fantasy of yours that everyone roots for the Red Sox. Maybe all the other teams can disappear, and the Red Sox win the World Series year after year. All the hitters hit 1.000 and all the pitchers have ERA's of 0.00

Welcome to ORS heaven. It's ok if the jacket buttons in the back, trust us.
Hey, thanks for the trip to the land of the inane ramblings of Gom.

Now, back to reality. I like the banter too. Most of my posts are in discussion with Jacko. The thing I'm taking issue with is the way you hit and run when things are going well. In other words, your statement about liking banter is BS, because your actions clearly show you are only interested banter when you are on the giving side.

TedWilliams101
Come on Youk, you aren't THAT fast.

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 04:27 PM
stupid play youk...you got beat there by 2 guys! Why do that? We go from 1st and 2nd with 1 out and manram up to 1st and 2 outs:rolleyes:

He Hate Me
06-07-2007, 04:29 PM
I can't believe I just traded Curt in my other league, and now he's pitching a perfect game :D

sigh...

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 04:29 PM
I don't want to see Ortiz bunt again, it's not an automatic basehit, even with no one on that side of the infield. Swing away.

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 04:30 PM
I don't mind if he's leading off an inning late in the game and we need some baserunners (i.e. one swing of the bat won't tie us up), but with 1 out and a man on 1st I don't like that bunt.

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 04:31 PM
I got Schilling and Beckett in my fantasy teams fairly late; no one realized how good they actually are. :)

mtbykr
06-07-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't want to see Ortiz bunt again, it's not an automatic basehit, even with no one on that side of the infield. Swing away.

With the ortiz shift on, if he gets that bunt down right it's a hit every time

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 04:32 PM
1st pitch groundout! Keep it going Schill!! We're heading into the bottom half of the weak lineup, that's a good sign...

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 04:34 PM
2 outs in the 8th!

Coco's Disciples
06-07-2007, 04:35 PM
To the 9th...

schillingouttheks
We head to the ninth!

riverside sluggers
Yea Im really not liking Julio Lugo right now

mtbykr
How nervous is Lugo right now?

Gom
Hey, thanks for the trip to the land of the inane ramblings of Gom.

Now, back to reality. I like the banter too. Most of my posts are in discussion with Jacko. The thing I'm taking issue with is the way you hit and run when things are going well. In other words, your statement about liking banter is BS, because your actions clearly show you are only interested banter when you are on the giving side.

Which explains why I've been here all season long with the exception of 10 days. Yeah, that makes sense. Sure, I'm only here when the Yankees are winning.

You know, you couldn't be more clueless if you tried. Seriously.

Gom
06-07-2007, 04:37 PM
I'll be honest when I say this..if the Sox are to win, I'd like to see a no-hitter [as much as one can see it on gamecast]. I'd still like to see the A's win, though.

redsoxrules
06-07-2007, 04:37 PM
How nervous is Lugo right now?

i bet he hopes curt gives up a hit so he dosent get blammed for the perfect game he would have caused curt

Gom
06-07-2007, 04:38 PM
i bet he hopes curt gives up a hit so he dosent get blammed for the perfect game he would have caused curt

Either that or a walk.

He Hate Me
06-07-2007, 04:39 PM
i predict shannon stewart breaks up the perfecto :)

EDIT: nvm, didnt see the error. whos the idiot that did that?

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Just 3 outs in a 1-run game. Come on Curt. Get 'er done.

Lugo was the idiot.

schillingouttheks

EDIT: nvm, didnt see the error. whos the idiot that did that?

Guess.

Anyway, even A's fans are standing and clapping for Curt. DO IT CURT!!

CrespoBlows
I'll be honest when I say this..if the Sox are to win, I'd like to see a no-hitter [as much as one can see it on gamecast]. I'd still like to see the A's win, though.

I was rooting for Wang to throw his perfect game.

We took the Mariners with $10 because the odds were at +500, we'd get the money back if he finished them off.

Gom
06-07-2007, 04:42 PM
The thing is, and it's not being said to piss of the Sox fans [for once], but the A's are one swing away from tying the game. I'll be honest, if the Sox were up 8-0, I'd be rooting for the no-hitter. They couldn't really lose that game. They can lose this one.

Gom
06-07-2007, 04:43 PM
game is on espn now. see ya after the game.

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 04:44 PM
2 outs away.

SchillingIsTheNatural
schilling is the natural

Metropolitan Cowboy
Kendall is going to break it up with a drag bunt a la Ben Davis.

schillingouttheks
Two more! C'mon Curt!

He Hate Me
06-07-2007, 04:45 PM
wow i'm following this on gamechannel and I can feel the tension :D

redsoxrules
sweet , redsox.com is showing the final inning for free

schillingouttheks
ONE MORE CURT!!!

TedWilliams101
2 down.

CrespoBlows
Fitting, no?

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 04:46 PM
You got to be kidding me.

Coco's Disciples
There's a stinker.

Gom
LOL! Ouch, that sucks.

He Hate Me
06-07-2007, 04:47 PM

OMG...I'm buying lottery ticket tonight

Coco's Disciples
At least we won...thats sucks for Curt though.

riverside sluggers
Fuck Shannon Stewart

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 04:48 PM
Damn. We'll Schilling to the complete game 1-hit shutout. I'll take that any day of the weak.

Gom
That does suck. Oh well. I remember Moose with a perfect game against you and Everett broke it up.

schillingouttheks
Sox win. Let's go to Arizona and start raping NL teams. Great job today Curt.

Metropolitan Cowboy
06-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Fuck Shannon Stewart

Were you hoping he would just lay down in a one run game?

Fried Neckbones
Still a hell of a game by Curt, though. Exactly what was needed - someone nutting up and putting a stop to this little losing skid.

TedWilliams101
We'll I gotta go walk the dog. Nice win, see ya guys later.

riverside sluggers
This is the first win Im still feeling little depressed lol

mtbykr
Stupid MLBTV shuts off right when they go to interview Shill

the mann
06-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Shannon Stewart

a700hitter
06-07-2007, 04:50 PM
As I have been saying, Schilling is the ace of the staff. But on the bright side we can get a sandwich pick for him when we let him walk next year.

http://www.talksox.com/forum/individual-game-discussion-forum/9036-june-6th-oakland-36.html#post260946

He Hate Me
06-07-2007, 04:51 PM
what is it about black players and the need to break up a no-hit bid?

riverside sluggers
Were you hoping he would just lay down in a one run game?

:what:

I think as a Sox fan I can be pissed about it. Well yeaaa cuz Schilling was 1 out from a no-hitter, and its well Shannon Stewart

Great stuff you bring to this board

mtbykr
You gotta wonder how lugo is feeling? Maybe a little relieved had shill done it he would be the reason he didn't get the perfect game.

Lost in all of this of course is the fact that the sox O is still in Boston...can someone have it meet them in Arizona?

phillysoxfan115
06-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Very painful to know that the day of the draft that Julio Lugo costs us the 20th pick (and possibly Rick Porcello), he's the one that makes the error that allows Shannon Stewart to come up in the 9th inning and break up the No-No.

yankees228
What's important is that he was able to bear down, not be effected in an adverse way after giving up the hit, and get the final out. That part was certainly impressive in my eyes.

CrespoBlows
You gotta wonder how lugo is feeling? Maybe a little relieved had shill done it he would be the reason he didn't get the perfect game.

Lost in all of this of course is the fact that the sox O is still in Boston...can someone have it meet them in Arizona?

If Lugo hadn't made the error, the game would have been over.

BoSox21
06-07-2007, 04:56 PM
holy fuck what an outing by Curt. no-no or not, he carried the team when they needed him today

adam123
06-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Great performance Curt. Way to end the streak.

riverside sluggers
06-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Schilling's first shutout since his final season with Arizona

Beckett vs Davis (Beckett's going deep!)
Tavarez vs Owings
Matsuzaka vs Johnson

NomahsHammSammich
06-07-2007, 04:59 PM
One of the best games I have ever seen pitched...TOTAL control from start to finish. I am really deflated though..I was getting chills the entire 9th inning...I really wanted this for Curt and the team. I guess that's what happens when you shake Tek off...but he pitched a his tail off..he should make the call. Wow..that was really close to being a perfect game.

Drew, Lugo, and Crisp still suck.

BoSox21
06-07-2007, 05:03 PM
definitely the baseball gods getting a bit of late payback for Everett on Mussina

seabeachfred
06-07-2007, 05:03 PM
This is the first win Im still feeling little depressed lol

Not me. We won and the Blue Jays lost. We gained a game for the first time in days. Oh, I wished that Curt had thrown a no-hitter because I love Schill but while he might feel some disappointment he has to understand that he wants to be the ace of the staff and or the stopper and he proved why he is just that. Besides, he looked very upbeat in a post-game interview and talked about how important it was to win the game. I really believe that the win was more important to him than the no-hitter.:D ::D :D :D :D :D :D

Metropolitan Cowboy
06-07-2007, 05:05 PM
:what:

I think as a Sox fan I can be pissed about it. Well yeaaa cuz Schilling was 1 out from a no-hitter, and its well Shannon Stewart

Great stuff you bring to this board

He pitched a great game, and it was a legit hit not some swing bunt single off the end of the bat. If you are going to be pissed with a win and a dominate outing to snap a losing streak are you really a Sox fan? & last I checked Shannon Stewart is in the Majors and lets see you get one pitch by him.

riverside sluggers
06-07-2007, 05:10 PM
Who the fuck are you to question my fandom of the Red Sox?

Excuse me for just being down for Curt so close to getting the no hitter. Of course Im happy for this fucking win, why shouldnt I be? It shows to doubters, RedSoxFaninNYC, that the Sox are not going to stay in this first slump of the season. Yea Im pissed about the win, nice re-wording what I actually said

Remember the Titans
06-07-2007, 05:12 PM
riverside u got owned by the dodger guy

riverside sluggers
06-07-2007, 05:14 PM

No I didnt get owned by this roving Dodger fan troll. All I said was "this is the first win I feel depressed lol". Its called fucking after effects from seeing the no-hit go with one out left. I am HAPPY about this win

redsoxrules
06-07-2007, 05:15 PM
I'm glad for the win , but fuck the offense has to kick it up a notch

adam123
06-07-2007, 05:15 PM
Oh wheres yeszir now bad post police ... weeew weew ...

adam123
06-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Minus 26 points abd climbing

BoSox21
06-07-2007, 05:17 PM
its great to snap the skid but how can you not be disappointed the no no got broken up? what a stupid way to question someone's devotion to the Sox

Sox Fan on Cape
06-07-2007, 05:17 PM

Who died and made you referee.

NomahsHammSammich
06-07-2007, 05:18 PM

Excuse me for just being down for Curt so close to getting the no hitter. Of course Im happy for this fucking win, why shouldnt I be? It shows to doubters, RedSoxFaninNYC, that the Sox are not going to stay in this first slump of the season. Yea Im pissed about the win, nice re-wording what I actually said

I am with you bro. I still am feeling a little down..I really wanted to see the No-No.. Doesn't mean I am not glad we won...just that they are very rare and I would have liked to see Curt get one.

MANNYHOF24
06-07-2007, 05:20 PM

I agree with you 100%, I was so disapointed when the no hitter was lost, and am still a little disapointed. Obviously we are still extremely happy we got this win, and it was also encouraging to get this type of dominant outting out of Curt Schilling today, but never the less I am still pissed the no hitter was broken.

riverside sluggers
06-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Who died and made you referee.

Titans just sent me an enlightening private message

lol u got owned

seabeachfred
06-07-2007, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=phillysoxfan115;261343;]Very painful to know that the day of the draft that Julio Lugo costs us the 20th pick (and possibly Rick Porcello), he's the one that makes the error that allows Shannon Stewart to come up in the 9th inning.

What pissed me off is that we sat Pedroia and Pena and kept Crisp and Lugo in the lineup who aren't hitting worth a damn. However, Coco did make a very nice catch in the fifth or sixth inning. Lugo's error prolonged the game for one extra batter to bat in the ninth inning. HHHMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 05:26 PM
To tell you the truth, who cares whether he got a perfect game or not. Yes it would have been nice, but all that really matters is that he shut 'em down in a 1-run game and was able to stop the streak. Thats all I care about, the W. Schilling pitched one hell of a game and did far more than you can ask of him. Great win.

seabeachfred
06-07-2007, 05:28 PM

Well Bobby Higginson broke up Ray Halladay's no hitter some years back and I think he looked kind of white to me.

riverside sluggers
06-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Anyone understand this mumbo jumbo? Its like that redneck coach from "The Waterboy" is talking to me

i see ur rly angry bout being a bandwagon sox fan, but u can fix that dont get angry at me that would be like julius being angry at sunshine cuz he cant throw good even though julius cant throw good. u need to calm down n admit they u are relly a dodgers fan ok?

Metropolitan Cowboy
06-07-2007, 05:33 PM
To tell you the truth, who cares whether he got a perfect game or not. Yes it would have been nice, but all that really matters is that he shut 'em down in a 1-run game and was able to stop the streak. Thats all I care about, the W. Schilling pitched one hell of a game and did far more than you can ask of him. Great win.

I cannot agree with you more. It would have been nice to see a no hitter, but the important thing is the win.

CrespoBlows
06-07-2007, 05:34 PM
What pissed me off is that we sat Pedroia and Pena and kept Crisp and Lugo in the lineup who aren't hitting worth a damn. However, Coco did make a very nice catch in the fifth or sixth inning. Lugo's error prolonged the game for one extra batter to bat in the ninth inning. HHHMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Fuck you, Fred.

You wanted to replace Pena with Larry Bigbie. You can no longer be taken seriously.

Metropolitan Cowboy
06-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Fuck you, Fred.

You wanted to replace Pena with Larry Bigbie. You can no longer be taken seriously.

How did I miss that gem? Bigbie to replace Pena? Fred, did you also want to trade Manny and Ortiz to the Yankees for a bag of batting practice baseballs?

seabeachfred
06-07-2007, 05:37 PM
I cannot agree with you more. It would have been nice to see a no hitter, but the important thing is the win.

Metro, you're getting it right; just keep it up. Winning is what it's all about. The no-hitter is a personal thing; the win is a team thing. That counts more. Like if the Dodgers are able to beat Jake Peavy tonight, it would be the upset of the season considering the stiff they are throwing against him.

You might tell your pal, though, to cool it. Riverside has a lot of friends on this board and his Red Sox credentials are impeccable.

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 05:39 PM
We'll, today Coco made a HUGE play that could have been the game. It's a tough decision. Either you go with the great glove and speed of Coco or the deep threat of WMP. Today, I think it's Coco that would have made the difference. He made that important catch that could have meant the game at that point. You could very well argue that if WMP played today instead of Coco, we could have lost the game. Either way, its a tough decision and I don't mind who plays. In a perfect world Coco would be swing the bat well, but it's not a perfect world.

CrespoBlows
06-07-2007, 05:39 PM
You might tell your pal, though, to cool it. Riverside has a lot of friends on this board and his Red Sox credentials are impeccable.

He does?

Could have fooled me.

seabeachfred
06-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Fuck you, Fred.

Kiss my ass Crespo. What makes you such a fucking genius anyway? Frankly, you don't know shit from shinola except to tell people to do to themselves what you do because you haven't the cajones to get a woman. For you half-ass information Bigbie is a decent outfielder; Pena fielding is like your character, pure shit.

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 05:42 PM
We'll WMP has looked pretty decent/solid in CF recently. He's certainly no where near as good as Coco, but I think he's really improving both in the field and at the plate. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come or Wily Mo.

Metropolitan Cowboy
06-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Metro, you're getting it right; just keep it up. Winning is what it's all about. The no-hitter is a personal thing; the win is a team thing. That counts more. Like if the Dodgers are able to beat Jake Peavy tonight, it would be the upset of the season considering the stiff they are throwing against him.

Fred I need your approval about as much as Christopher Reeves need a Wii.

CrespoBlows
06-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Kiss my ass Crespo. What makes you such a fucking genius anyway? Frankly, you don't know shit from shinola except to tell people to do to themselves what you do because you haven't the cajones to get a woman.

For you half-ass information Bigbie is a decent outfielder; Pena fielding is like your character, pure shit.

Oh, but you wanted him in the game?

seabeachfred
06-07-2007, 05:46 PM
How did I miss that gem? Bigbie to replace Pena? Fred, did you also want to trade Manny and Ortiz to the Yankees for a bag of batting practice baseballs?

Bigbie might not pass muster in Boston with Pena around even though I think he would be an improvement defensively, but he sure as hell would be an improvement over those two assholes you have playing left and center. All Gonzo needs is a cane to get around and a pair of better glasses to see the balls he keeps missing. As for Pierre, are you shitting me?? No power, lousy outfielder, a .298 OBA and a $45 million dollar contract. You get Peavy tonight; tell your Padres friends to bring out the brooms.

adam123
06-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Kiss my ass Crespo. What makes you such a fucking genius anyway? Frankly, you don't know shit from shinola except to tell people to do to themselves what you do because you haven't the cajones to get a woman. For you half-ass information Bigbie is a decent outfielder; Pena fielding is like your character, pure shit.

I can vouch for that I have seen bigbie here in vegas for this season .. he was doing well He played great outfield here for the 51's also was a great club house guy I actually met him .Really nice guy.

seabeachfred
06-07-2007, 05:48 PM

Oh, but you wanted him in the game?

He is a better hitter than Crisp is right now. We need some offense and it tells you how desperate I am to get some sock back in our lineup that I would even want him in our lineup. How many 1-0 games can we win?

CrespoBlows
06-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I can vouch for that I have seen bigbie here in vegas for this season .. he was doing well He played great outfield here for the 51's also was a great club house guy I actually met him .Really nice guy.

Crippled.

This guy is on your side? Argument killed.

Metropolitan Cowboy
06-07-2007, 05:49 PM
Bigbie might not pass muster in Boston with Pena around even though I think he would be an improvement defensively, but he sure as hell would be an improvement over those two assholes you have playing left and center. All Gonzo needs is a cane to get around and a pair of better glasses to see the balls he keeps missing. As for Pierre, are you shitting me?? No power, lousy outfielder, a .298 OBA and a $45 million dollar contract. You get Peavy tonight; tell your Padres friends to bring out the brooms.

am I suppose to bring up JD Drew is a bust at 70 million now?

seabeachfred
06-07-2007, 05:51 PM
Fred I need your approval about as much as Christopher Reeves need a Wii.

Well every once or twice a year you get something right like your Dodgers do so I thought a kuddo would be a shot in the arm. Shock is more like it.

Metropolitan Cowboy
06-07-2007, 05:53 PM
Well every once or twice a year you get something right like your Dodgers do so I thought a kuddo would be a shot in the arm. Shock is more like it.

Fred, you are doing this in the wrong thread.

All I know is that there are no photos of me rooting for the Mets online.

Rodney Harrison
06-07-2007, 05:55 PM
He is a better hitter than Crisp is right now. We need some offense and it tells you how desperate I am to get some sock back in our lineup that I would even want him in our lineup. How many 1-0 games can we win?

As long as the pitching is there, you can win the close games (SD won on Tuesday with only two hits in the entire game). Blanton only allowed four hits in the game today, and had it not been for Ortiz's shot, they might still be playing.

redsoxrules
06-07-2007, 06:00 PM

holy fuck did you think we were gonna win at a 700 clip all year long? we were bound to have a slump sooner or later , the offense cant score 5+ runs every game , and BTW oakland's pitching is great in case you havent noticed , that was a big reason we were held to 7 runs in 4 games , the offense will be better this weekend

seabeachfred
06-07-2007, 06:01 PM
Crippled.

This guy is on your side? Argument killed.

Fuck you Crespo!!!! There I beat you to it this time. Look, we won the game, 1-0. I'm happy for that, you're happy for that, the only ones who aren't are those "guests" who come on here every so often. I have never heard anything from you about how to improve the team. If you have any suggestions tell all of us; we are, after all, all in this together. Have a nice evening.

BSN07
06-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Great game, too bad about the no no but we won and in the end thats what counts. Bats weren't on today, alot of hard hit stuff by they were atom balls. Drew had a good hit and if the SS hadn't been standing in the perfect spot he would have been 2-4. He made good contact tonight so maybe he will get his swing back. All in all a great game...

HeadOfSoxNation
06-07-2007, 06:05 PM
I didn't turn it on until the end...how bad was Lugo's error? That was the only thing standing in the way of perfection through 8 2/3, right?

CrespoBlows
06-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Fuck you Crespo!!!! There I beat you to it this time. Look, we won the game, 1-0. I'm happy for that, you're happy for that, the only ones who aren't are those "guests" who come on here every so often. I have never heard anything from you about how to improve the team. If you have any suggestions tell all of us; we are, after all, all in this together. Have a nice evening.

You need to get a new prescription then.

I've been saying for months now that Wily Mo Pena should be the CF, because he would upgrade the team.

CrespoBlows
06-07-2007, 06:06 PM
I didn't turn it on until the end...how bad was Lugo's error? That was the only thing standing in the way of perfection through 8 2/3, right?

As routine as they come.

Metropolitan Cowboy
06-07-2007, 06:07 PM

Fred, the problem is your suggestion on improving the team is on the same level as suggesting Coco snort a line of speed to expand his range in center field.

yankees228

Why don't you just play Pena in the outfield every day? Pena is much better than Crisp at the plate, and, contrary to popular belief, he is not that bad a defensive player either. I think I remember awhile back Crespo posts the stats to prove that. You wouldn't really need to add Bigbie to get more offense when you would have an outfield of Ramirez, Pena, and Drew.

yeszir
The one game I'm completely shut off from, and Schilling pitches a gem. Damn.

Rodney Harrison
06-07-2007, 06:11 PM

That was the only thing standing in the way of perfection through 9. Lugo doesn't commit that error, Stewart doesn't bat in the 9th.

TedWilliams101
06-07-2007, 06:15 PM
You could look at it that way, but it isn't that simple. That changes the way the rest of the game would be pitched which could have meant a hit somewhere else. The only thing you can really look at is the only hit in the bottom of the 9th.

Rodney Harrison
06-07-2007, 06:18 PM
You could look at it that way, but it isn't that simple. That changes the way the rest of the game would be pitched which could have meant a hit somewhere else. The only thing you can really look at is the only hit in the bottom of the 9th.

It's the same with Kevin Brown's no-hitter against the Giants 10 years ago. I think the only thing that separated it from a perfect game was a HBP. Yet we still talk about it that way.

Schilling got closer to a perfect game about 6 years ago when Ben Davis bunted with one out in the 8th to break up the perfecto.

seabeachfred
06-07-2007, 07:09 PM
That was the only thing standing in the way of perfection through 9. Lugo doesn't commit that error, Stewart doesn't bat in the 9th.

Remember Jerry Reuss against the Giants on June 27, 1980? A two out walk in the first on a very questionable pitch and he has a perfect game. Shit like that happens.

seabeachfred
06-07-2007, 07:11 PM
The one game I'm completely shut off from, and Schilling pitches a gem. Damn.

You'd have been a nervous wreck by the fifth inning yeszir. Not to complain but it would sure have been nice to have, say, three or four runs for a little cushion for Curt. Anyway, we gained a game on Toronto and so we can all go to bed happy tonight.

ARod2212
06-07-2007, 07:28 PM
They can't be controlled like the Latin players can.

Seldini
06-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Just got in from work, and you guys should know that I didn't check the box score before coming to the game thread, I just started reading through the thread from the start of the game and followed the whole thing through until the end. Wow. It's really the thing to do if you miss a game. It was almost like watching it live... almost... yeah...

seabeachfred
06-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Just got in from work, and you guys should know that I didn't check the box score before coming to the game thread, I just started reading through the thread from the start of the game and followed the whole thing through until the end. Wow. It's really the thing to do if you miss a game. It was almost like watching it live... almost... yeah...

I was out playing golf Seldini so I didn't get in on the action until later in the game. All I said was "Oh shit, we only have a one run lead?" Fortunately it turned out to be enough.

schillingouttheks
06-07-2007, 09:58 PM
They can't be controlled like the Latin players can.

:lol: Tou-fucking-che.