PDA

View Full Version : Sox minor league hitters to watch in 2007

scaffolds
11-05-2006, 12:01 PM
The following are red Sox hitters that are likely for a break out year in 2007.

1- Aaron Bate when you are a power hitter and be playing in your first full season in the minor leagues not only in a hitters park like in Lancaster but in a hitters league like in the California league. Bate has power to all fields it will be very interesting to see his numbers in 2007.

2- Luis Soto is one of the very few Sox prospects that are 5 tools player. Soto showed in the 2006 Spring training that he was ready for a break out season, however an early wrist injury handicaped the season and even when he came back was never the same player, like with Bate and Turner playing in Lancaster in 07 will be what the Doctor order.

3- Manuel Arrambaris along with Chiang (also in this thread) are the Sox top pure hitters in the Sox system and Arrambaris a right handed hitter who can hit to all fied should start showing the power expected out of him when first signed.

4- Carlos Fernandez was the VSL top hitter in the VSL in 2005 (his first year as a profesional) Fernandez can hit to all fieds, but a stronger Fernandez in 06 showed that that the ball explodes out of his bat and a future power hitter.

5- Chris Turner playing in what isn't known as a hitters park at Greenville in 05-06 has put up one of the top HR numbers in the Sox system, like with Bates and Soto playing in Lancaster in 07 should benefit him and put better power numbers lets hope it will help make him more contact.

6- Chih- Hsien Chiang, Not one on the Sox system has a prettier swing than Chiang and while he isn't strong enough to be power hitter it will be very interesting to see his production in 2007.

riverside sluggers
11-05-2006, 12:33 PM
A projection of how Chad Spann will take to Triple A? He had a breakout year for Portland that was curtailed by an injury. He then went to produce a hot sreak opening up the winter leagues but has since been in a cold streak. He seems to be a streaky hitter

scaffolds
11-05-2006, 12:58 PM
Spann had a fine season in Portland in 06 and its playing very well in the AFL. I would like to see Spann hit for more power in Pawtucket in 07 to get him ready for the staring third base position with Boston in 2008.

ksushi
11-05-2006, 01:32 PM
I think its a sell high situation with Spann.

scaffolds
11-05-2006, 05:15 PM
I disagree again, while i don't expect Spann to be all star I expect him to be an above average third baseman a player who might hit for more power in the ML than he did in the minors. Spann is a lot better athlete than Youkilis, with better range and potential top glove, as a hitter while i don't expect him to have as high as OBP as Youkilis do, but be able to hit with more power and be more productive in general a better player.

ksushi
11-05-2006, 05:48 PM
I think the Red Sox can afford a better corner guy than what Spann projects to be. He might never have as much value as he will this offseason. Totally hypothetical: but if the astros were interested and Spann could be part of a deal that brought us lidge or wheeler, you do that hands down.

scaffolds
11-05-2006, 07:26 PM
I agree that Spann isn't non touchable, but only in the right deal, however for now he is third baseman of the future.

ksushi
11-05-2006, 08:34 PM
Eh, the third basemen of the future is a label i reserve for guys who are special

scaffolds
11-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Like Kevin Youkilis right.

ksushi
11-05-2006, 09:11 PM
What does that mean? Did I ever tout Youkilis as the future third basemen of the boston red sox? I like him, I think he is a good player. I like Spann too. I never proclaimed either the second coming of Wade Boggs. If you're looking to call me out, you have to do better than that. I hope you do too because I really don't want to watch the Pats right now, its sorry.

rician blast
11-06-2006, 11:53 AM
The following are red Sox hitters that are likely for a break out year in 2007.

1- Aaron Bate when you are a power hitter and be playing in your first full season in the minor leagues not only in a hitters park like in Lancaster but in a hitters league like in the California league. Bate has power to all fields it will be very interesting to see his numbers in 2007.

2- Luis Soto is one of the very few Sox prospects that are 5 tools player. Soto showed in the 2006 Spring training that he was ready for a break out season, however an early wrist injury handicaped the season and even when he came back was never the same player, like with Bate and Turner playing in Lancaster in 07 will be what the Doctor order.

3- Manuel Arrambaris along with Chiang (also in this thread) are the Sox top pure hitters in the Sox system and Arrambaris a right handed hitter who can hit to all fied should start showing the power expected out of him when first signed.

4- Carlos Fernandez was the VSL top hitter in the VSL in 2005 (his first year as a profesional) Fernandez can hit to all fieds, but a stronger Fernandez in 06 showed that that the ball explodes out of his bat and a future power hitter.

5- Chris Turner playing in what isn't known as a hitters park at Greenville in 05-06 has put up one of the top HR numbers in the Sox system, like with Bates and Soto playing in Lancaster in 07 should benefit him and put better power numbers lets hope it will help make him more contact.

6- Chih- Hsien Chiang, Not one on the Sox system has a prettier swing than Chiang and while he isn't strong enough to be power hitter it will be very interesting to see his production in 2007.

I've heard Turner is a 'K' machine though.

jsinger121
11-06-2006, 11:55 AM
I've heard Turner is a 'K' machine though.

Big time K machine but going to Lancaster he could have a very good year.

riverside sluggers
11-06-2006, 12:09 PM
Minor league gurus, Jsinger & Scaffold, how about some insight on what Kottaras could look like in Pawtucket?

scaffolds
11-06-2006, 03:29 PM
Minor league gurus, Jsinger & Scaffold, how about some insight on what Kottaras could look like in Pawtucket?

Pawtucket's small ball park specially to RF should benefit the left handed hitting Kottaras, but the key to Kottaras in AAA or even in Spring trainin is if his throwing mechanics keeps improving.

Bosoxwest
11-08-2006, 08:00 PM
Any thoughts on who will shine brightest in the GCL crew? Between Anderson, Weeden, Beltre and Tejeda that lineup has some heralded raw talent.

jsinger121
11-08-2006, 09:08 PM
Anderson should have a big year in the GCL.