View Full Version : July 17th @ Anaheim

schillingouttheks
07-16-2004, 11:54 PM
BOS-Wakefield:
5-5, 4.17 ERA
@
ANA-Colon:
6-8, 6.38 ERA

colon has been a disappointment to the angels this year, and with his unusually and unrespectable ERA, the sox should look to capitalize on mistake pitches, and get the hit and run going. getting men on base and knocking them in with hits is how to wins games, not depending on HRs. the sox should win if we get the offense jumping early and wake has his curve and knuckleball going. its unfortunate for the angels to have to face pedro the night before and then the slow pitching wakefield the next day. GO SOX!

i know i posted this a little early im just eager to start one of these for some reason...

schillingouttheks
07-17-2004, 12:22 AM
lets get this AL wildcard back in our sole position, lets go red and white...SOX!!!

tek33rules
07-17-2004, 06:21 AM
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/mlb/images/team_logos/50x50/bos.gif------>Tim Wakefield #49------>http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/gameday/mugshots/123801.jpg------>5-5, 4.17

@

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/mlb/images/team_logos/50x50/ana.gif------>Bartolo Col?n #21------>http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/images/gameday/mugshots/112526.jpg------>6-8, 6.38

schillingouttheks
07-17-2004, 10:22 AM
yeah i already gave the stats...but thats a cool way of doing it. anyway, colon has been very disappointing this season for anaheim. even though i doubt we will get RJ, RJ is very interested in looking at anaheim, and somewhat at the sox. if we can demolish colon today and show y RJ should come to boston, that would be huge, even though im sure his decision wont lie on one game and on one pitcher. the early lead will help us, and god help us...plaese keep millar out of there i cant stand his shit anymore.

tito-ur strong, i cant believe u held back ortiz like that
ortiz-dont pull another dumbass thing like that again, although we all understand your annoyance with the ump :angry:

RedSoxRooter
07-17-2004, 01:28 PM
I just saw last night's game. I zonked out after the 3rd inning last night but recorded it. Anyway, I finally watched it. Ortiz WILL be suspended, but I hope he challenges it so he can play next week in the NY series. Or if it's under 6 games, he plays it out right now. The doubleheader on Thursday may actually help us out.

I'd put my money on 10 friggin games. David, what where you thinking?

schillingouttheks
07-17-2004, 06:00 PM
knowing ortiz, it takes a lot to piss someone like him off. the truth was, the umpire last night sucked, and i mean SUCKED. sucked as much as the mlb should really do something about him. david ortiz doesnt get pissed off that much, and i was amazed at how he ripped like that. but anyway, its gunna be hard to win games without ortiz, and i agree with u, we need him for this NYY series, or we are toast.

at least for the series we have pedro pitching in it.

oakland lost to the white sox tonight. time to take sole possession of the wild card tonight boys!!

elsrbueno
07-17-2004, 07:06 PM
I think the problem was that David WASN'T thinking......Sometimes people get mad and overreact....and he'll pay the price. We'll see what happens.

Zenny
07-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Hey, hey! It's my B-Day today! Let's hope the Sox gimme a win for a present.

CrespoBlows
07-17-2004, 07:37 PM
Happy b-day Zenny

Zenny
07-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Thanks, man.

schillingouttheks
07-17-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by elsrbueno@Jul 17 2004, 07:06 PM
I think the problem was that David WASN'T thinking......Sometimes people get mad and overreact....and he'll pay the price. We'll see what happens.
happy b-day zenny,

and its pretty hard to think when the whole game the ump has been stinking up the calls and then u lose ur mind. it was about time someone let the ump know his crapiness. and also david losing his mind that bad about the ump says something to the ump:

damn i pissed that guy off...

he probly got the message after that whole shpeil (sp?)

yagmaster
07-17-2004, 11:32 PM
A few things I don't like about this game:

Wake's incosistancy

Nelson

Manny not playing

Nelson

Anyway, barring a HUGE comback against a great bullpen, we lose yet another road series.

RedSoxRooter
07-18-2004, 12:27 AM
I'm thinking split. Hopefully (god damn you francona!) Mueller, Manny and Tek will be in there tomorrow. And Schill is pitching.

BTW.... I hate Mendoza as much as anybody, but he's been ok so far in his return. His "return" COULD be huge, but I doubt it.

Ortiz34
07-18-2004, 08:27 AM
Another Blown game, 8-3. The sox need to win tommorrow to keep the groove going.

dirtdogman5
07-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Another ridiculous game. The talent's all there but they're pissing it all away with inconsistency. It's painful to watch.