PDA

View Full Version : Take A Seat Tek?

sarasoxfan
07-07-2004, 09:11 AM
in the spirit of finding some ways to tweak things wihtout blowing up the team.
I was curious if anyone is thinking about this. Tek (sorry tekrules) has looked absolutely horrible in his say, last 20 at-bats. In turn Dougie has been pretty damn good lately.

I say give dougie some time and let Tek take a break for awhile.

Tek hasnt just been striking out. He has been downright awful.

Thoughts?

Ortiz34
07-07-2004, 09:13 AM
i disagree. Varitek just had i think 3 of the last 4 days off. The rest if good for him. And the allstar break is coming, so wait till after that. ALso, Mirrabelli is not ready for the starting role, and he most likely wont be for a long time. He is a backup catcher, and a really good one. I just dont think he is ready to start.

RedSoxRooter
07-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Why not play the Belly at 1b more often? He's got the glove to handle it.

Ortiz34
07-07-2004, 04:46 PM
when has belli even played 1st? Ive never seen it.

elsrbueno
07-07-2004, 04:52 PM
By "Belly" do you mean Mark Bellhorn or Doug Mirabelli?

I don't think playing Doug at 1st is a good idea, then who's your backup catcher if one of them gets hurt? It makes for shuffling positions.

Mirabelli is awesome at what he does...backup catcher.

Bellhorn, on the other hand.....I wouldn't mind seeing him play a little first base...only to make him that much more valuable to the team (in case someone does get hurt).

noonanberg
07-07-2004, 06:32 PM
I actually wouldn't mind giving Mirabelli and occassional slot at first. If he can catch the knuckler on a fairly consistent basis, I don't think he'll have too many problems at first.