PDA

View Full Version : NFL Play-Off Contest

Sox Fan on Cape
02-05-2006, 03:19 AM
Due to the fact that there are three ( actually four ) Super Bowl contests these two, the winner of total points earned during the playoffs and the Total Points scored in the Super Bowl will be displayed here ( unless moved by Mods/Yeszir ). These, as well as all other contests for the Super Bowl are officially closed.

NFL Play-Offs Contest
Third Round Results

Through 2/4/06

Screen Name..............Total Pts Earned...............Super Bowl Pick.............Total Points Scored

CalvnHobs6........................6.......... .....................Pittsburgh................... ...48 pts
One Red Seat.....................6................... ............Pittsburgh.......................51 pts

Schillingouttheks.................4.......... .....................Seattle...................... ....37 pts
ARod2212..........................4.......... .....................Seattle...................... ....36 pts

There is either going to be a two-way or four way tie, the tie in this contest is broken by the Total Points Scored. If two-way tie CalvnHobs6 wins at 49 and below, One Red seats wins with 50 and above.A four-way tie ARod2212 wins with 36 and below, One Red Seat wins with 50 and above. The other combinations will be figured out latter, but you get the idea.
The winner gets $ 200

NFL Play-Offs Contest

Super Bowl Total Points

Screen Name...............Super Bowl Points................Super Bowl Winner

ARod2212.............................. 36 Pts. .............................Seattle
Schillingouttheks..................... 37 Pts. .............................Seattle
RedRuffing15.......................... 41 Pts. .............................Seattle
Soxfan#1............................... 42 Pts. .............................Pittsburgh
MANNYHOF24......................... 46 Pts. .............................Pittsburgh
element1151.......................... 47 Pts. .............................Seattle
Calvnhobs6............................. 48 Pts. .............................Pittsburgh
gosox613.................................50 Pts. .............................Pittsburgh
One Red Seat.......................... 51 Pts. ............................Pittsburgh
SFOC...................................... 52 Pts. ............................Pittsburgh
See Red.................................. 55 Pts. ............................Seattle
Stocker323.............................. 63 Pts. ............................Seattle
Manny Goes Boom.................... 76 Pts. ............................Pittsburgh

This a separate contest within the same thread. To win you most have the winner of the Super Bowl and be the closest (+/- ) to the Total points scored. If you picked the winner incorrectly your out. It looks like there will either be 7 or 6 members competing for the prize. The prize is $ 50.

ORS
02-05-2006, 09:56 AM
No matter who wins, if there are 50 or more points, then I win. I like my chances there. Go offense!

RedRuffing15
02-05-2006, 10:12 AM
j/w, maybe I misunderstood the guidlines, why do I have 2 total points? 41 & 50

stocker323
02-05-2006, 10:21 AM
j/w, maybe I misunderstood the guidlines, why do I have 2 total points? 41 & 50

No I think that's a mistake on his part. Which number did you choose?

RedRuffing15
02-05-2006, 10:31 AM
41 was the number I chose, but I just noticed in the original thread that he had me with both, so idk whos 50 should be:dunno:

Sox Fan on Cape
02-05-2006, 11:17 AM
41 was the number I chose, but I just noticed in the original thread that he had me with both, so idk whos 50 should be:dunno:
You're number is 41. The confusion arose when gosox613 picked 41 which you already had. He then chose 50.

gosox613
02-05-2006, 03:54 PM
my bad

Sox Fan on Cape
02-05-2006, 04:04 PM
my bad
No problem, everything is cool. Good luck today.

Sox Fan on Cape
02-05-2006, 11:43 PM
CalvnHobs6 wins the Play-Off Contest == $ 200 well earned money.

Soxfan#1 : Wins the closest to te Total Points scored with a pick of Pittsburgh and 42 pts.== $ 50 .

stocker323
02-06-2006, 12:53 PM

Soxfan#1 : Wins the closest to te Total Points scored with a pick of Pittsburgh and 42 pts.== $ 50 .

I think ARod2212 wins as 36 is closest is closer to 31. Another Yankee fan winning<_<

Manny Goes Boom
02-06-2006, 01:00 PM
I think ARod2212 wins as 36 is closest is closer to 31. Another Yankee fan winning<_<

Nope. He picked the Seahawks to win. CalvnHobs6 had the Steelers.

stocker323
02-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Nope. He picked the Seahawks to win. CalvnHobs6 had the Steelers.

No this is for the total points contest. I think SFoC thought the total points was 41 or something because Soxfan picked Pittsburgh too. CalvnHobs won the picking against the spread contest.

Sox Fan on Cape
02-06-2006, 02:12 PM
No this is for the total points contest. I think SFoC thought the total points was 41 or something because Soxfan picked Pittsburgh too. CalvnHobs won the picking against the spread contest.
There were two contests. One was the play-off contest, it was won by CalvnHobs6. Who won on a tie breaker the total points scored. The second contest was for total points scored. To win you had to pick the winner of the Super Bowl and be closest to the total points scored. If you picked Seattle, you were eliminated, it would then be the closest to the total points scored by the members that picked Pittsburgh. In this case, Soxfan#1.

Sox Fan on Cape
02-06-2006, 02:44 PM

All prizes have been sent via USPS Priority Mail. You should receive them in 2-3 days.

Soxfan#1
02-06-2006, 03:14 PM
And here I was ranting about not winning. I thought I picked seattle but whatever.

Thanks Cape Man.

Sox Fan on Cape
02-06-2006, 05:04 PM
And here I was ranting about not winning. I thought I picked seattle but whatever.

Thanks Cape Man.

You're welcome !

Screen Name...............Super Bowl Points................Super Bowl Winner

ARod2212.............................. 36 Pts. .............................Seattle
Schillingouttheks..................... 37 Pts. .............................Seattle
RedRuffing15.......................... 41 Pts. .............................Seattle
Soxfan#1............................... 42 Pts. .............................Pittsburgh
MANNYHOF24......................... 46 Pts. .............................Pittsburgh
element1151.......................... 47 Pts. .............................Seattle
Calvnhobs6............................. 48 Pts. .............................Pittsburgh
gosox613.................................50 Pts. .............................Pittsburgh
One Red Seat.......................... 51 Pts. ............................Pittsburgh
SFOC...................................... 52 Pts. ............................Pittsburgh
See Red.................................. 55 Pts. ............................Seattle
Stocker323.............................. 63 Pts. ............................Seattle
Manny Goes Boom.................... 76 Pts. ............................Pittsburgh

stocker323
02-06-2006, 05:06 PM
There were two contests. One was the play-off contest, it was won by CalvnHobs6. Who won on a tie breaker the total points scored. The second contest was for total points scored. To win you had to pick the winner of the Super Bowl and be closest to the total points scored. If you picked Seattle, you were eliminated, it would then be the closest to the total points scored by the members that picked Pittsburgh. In this case, Soxfan#1.
OK that makes sense, I thought you just had to guess the correct score. I didn't know which team you picked mattered.