PDA

View Full Version : That Sinking Feeling

sarasoxfan
06-24-2004, 03:23 PM
Nomar has picked up where he left off last fall. Pop-ups, a strike out here and that error. I k now I'll be jumped on, :How about that grand slam"...well, it was about time. Take a look at Trot, he does his job and is off to a great start.

How about 5 things we need to change to trun this around and get back on track..

1) Better starting pitching. Wake and Brandon have been ok at best lately.
2) Clutch hitting, more production out of some guys who are haviung dismissal years. Hey. Millar that means you.
3) a set lineup, enough with the resting..what happened to playing in every game.
4) Better middel relief, Emnbree is a bum and there are no stats tha can change my mind on that. He a 16.00 plus ERA last week, and that of course, doesnt include runners he inherited who scored and didnt appear on his stats.
5) Better managing.

what you guys think--what's your 5?

elsrbueno
06-24-2004, 03:28 PM
The Sox need to shake things up. I said this last week, I say it again. The Red Sox are in danger of not even getting a wild card! Oakland / Anaheim are tough teams, and Boston should have swept the twins.

This team has no heart. They don't play with the intensity of last year's team, and as a result, they can't win in close games, and they can't keep close games close. They can't come from behind, they don't get clutch hits....it goes on and on.

Tek04
06-24-2004, 03:34 PM
I have no problem with terry resting nomar or trot...but this past sunday when they played the giants I think he rested both guys...you dont rest your best players when the opposing teams best pitcher is starting the game, you rest these players when you face there number 4 or number 5 starter

Yanks Own
06-26-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by elsrbueno
The Sox need to shake things up. I said this last week, I say it again. The Red Sox are in danger of not even getting a wild card! Oakland / Anaheim are tough teams, and Boston should have swept the twins.

Hey, how bout them Devil Rays winning the Wild Card B)

Zenny
06-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Yanks Own@Jun 26 2004, 10:13 PM
Hey, how bout them Devil Rays winning the Wild Card* B)

Hey, how about you shut the fuck up?

Old Hoss
06-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Zenny@Jun 26 2004, 09:45 PM
Hey, how about you shut the fuck up?
I like you more and more everyday. :D

yawkeyway
06-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by sarasoxfan@Jun 24 2004, 04:23 PM
Nomar has picked up where he left off last fall. Pop-ups, a strike out here and that error. I k now I'll be jumped on, :How about that grand slam"...well, it was about time. Take a look at Trot, he does his job and is off to a great start.
Nomar will help the team 10x more than he will hurt it. It's a fact. An error here or there and a popup once in a while doesnt complete negate the great hitting that he has had so far (considering he's coming off of an injury).

And about this "sinking feeling". I certainly know what you mean. We routed the phillies two days ago, and then we go and get destroyed. :angry: Consistency is not our strong point I guess.