PDA

View Full Version : heeeerrrreeeee's Johnny!

bernbabybern
12-21-2005, 02:16 AM
:harhar: ............hey Big Papi , we could use a back up 1st baseman too.http://yankees.mblogs.com/photos/uncategorized/10103764_1.jpg

CalvnHobs6
12-21-2005, 02:22 AM
Feel free to never post here again, bye.

yeszir
12-21-2005, 03:05 AM
Yankee fans are annoying

Manny Goes Boom
12-21-2005, 03:08 AM
:harhar: ............hey Big Papi , we could use a back up 1st baseman too.http://yankees.mblogs.com/photos/uncategorized/10103764_1.jpg

BACK-UP??? LMAO wow...Moron. :thumbdown

He Hate Me
12-21-2005, 10:11 AM
wth was that all about?

schillingouttheks
12-21-2005, 01:43 PM
I love how he said Papi would be a BACK UP first baseman. Is he suggesting Giambi would start over Papi? :lol: Dumbfuck.

26 Reasons to Hate Us
12-22-2005, 02:00 PM
I love how he said Papi would be a BACK UP first baseman. Is he suggesting Giambi would start over Papi? :lol: Dumbfuck.

maybe i'm showing my ignorance here...but can ortiz even play first? he's huge and is probably one of the few players with less range than Giambi out there...

riverside sluggers
12-22-2005, 02:01 PM
yes id say you are showing your ignorance. He is just really more serviceable as the DH and playing 1st base at National League Parks. Which in the world series, he did display a good glove

26 Reasons to Hate Us
12-22-2005, 02:16 PM
yes id say you are showing your ignorance. He is just really more serviceable as the DH and playing 1st base at National League Parks. Which in the world series, he did display a good glove

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't see how ortiz could be an everyday first baseman. While Giambi isn't either (anymore), he he has at least played 90% of his games at first...Ortiz hasn't even played a third of his there. There has to be some reason for that right?:dunno:

FYI: Just this year, Giambi played 78 games at first, and ortiz played 10.

schillingouttheks
12-23-2005, 01:47 PM
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't see how ortiz could be an everyday first baseman. While Giambi isn't either (anymore), he he has at least played 90% of his games at first...Ortiz hasn't even played a third of his there. There has to be some reason for that right?:dunno:

FYI: Just this year, Giambi played 78 games at first, and ortiz played 10.
Well, I implied that you'd already have a DH in Bernie. I dunno, if I have Giambi and Papi on the same team with no DH option possible for either one of them, Giambi is sitting his ass on the bench for Papi.

Cityofchampions33
12-23-2005, 05:47 PM
maybe i'm showing my ignorance here...but can ortiz even play first? he's huge and is probably one of the few players with less range than Giambi out there...

Idk how many timea I've stated it, but Ortiz isn't hopeless at all playing 1st, in fact he only was switched to DHJ because of an All-Star the Twins got (I forgot his name) and everntually Mientkiwicz came along. But the last full or decent amount he played at first he had a .980+ fielding percentage.

jimmycarter05
12-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Personally, I think it be great if we had Ortiz play 1b, traded Manny for SP and a LEGIT SS, and sign The Big Hurt to be our DH, he's a beast.

Beckett95
12-23-2005, 07:56 PM
he only was switched to DHJ because of an All-Star the Twins got (I forgot his name) and everntually Mientkiwicz came along.

I think Ron Coomer??

Moose
12-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Haha, Ron Coomer.

Cityofchampions33
12-23-2005, 10:24 PM
yeah, he wasn't like a lifetime all-star just that he season he was.

26 to 6
12-24-2005, 12:19 AM
haha Ron Coomer was the man

26 to 6
12-24-2005, 12:25 AM
http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/8286/coomeryankees3ay.jpg

Moose
12-24-2005, 12:34 AM
I think he lost weight when he went to New York. Because when he was in Los Angeles...

http://www.dodgerblues.com/images/coomer-stomach-over.gif

26 to 6
12-24-2005, 12:40 AM
yea lol

He was in NY first, so he must have put the weight on after leaving here and going to LA (no stops in between)

26 to 6
12-24-2005, 12:42 AM
but as I recall, he was pretty plump here in the Big Apple as well

Cityofchampions33
12-24-2005, 11:23 PM
Well anyway, that/he was the reason they moved Papi to DH, he's not like absolutel hopeless or even bad for that matter. He made some pretty good plays in the WS.

26 to 6
12-24-2005, 11:56 PM
Well anyway, that/he was the reason they moved Papi to DH, he's not like absolutel hopeless or even bad for that matter. He made some pretty good plays in the WS.
Lets be realistic here, I dont care how many nice plays he has made, he is not a good first baseman. Giambi has made some beauties but he is in nobody's eyes a gold glover.

Making a good play doesnt make somebody a good defensive player. Ive seen people like Sheffield, Piazza, MANNY (god knows he has his fair share of Web Gems), etc. make great plays, but these guys arent going to win any gold gloves.

Manny Goes Boom
12-25-2005, 01:59 AM
Lets be realistic here, I dont care how many nice plays he has made, he is not a good first baseman. Giambi has made some beauties but he is in nobody's eyes a gold glover.

Making a good play doesnt make somebody a good defensive player. Ive seen people like Sheffield, Piazza, MANNY (god knows he has his fair share of Web Gems), etc. make great plays, but these guys arent going to win any gold gloves.

Point he was trying to make was that he would play Ortiz over Giambi at 1B.

Very true, no gold glove for Ortiz was mentioned...nor are we (or at least I'm not) expecting him to get one ever. Just a point they were trying to make.

26 to 6
12-25-2005, 02:21 AM
Point he was trying to make was that he would play Ortiz over Giambi at 1B.

Very true, no gold glove for Ortiz was mentioned...nor are we (or at least I'm not) expecting him to get one ever. Just a point they were trying to make.
I understand

-----------------
If I had the choice of Giambi/Ortiz I would go with Giambi at first and Ortiz at DH. If there was no DH available then I would go with Ortiz at first. But what im saying is that if there is a DH available then I play Giambi at first over Ortiz. Giambi's not a great first basemen, but hes decent, and getting better. Im sure having one of the best defensive 1Bmen in the history of baseball around in Don Mattingly certainly doesnt hurt.

Manny Goes Boom
12-25-2005, 02:23 AM
I understand

-----------------
If I had the choice of Giambi/Ortiz I would go with Giambi at first and Ortiz at DH. If there was no DH available then I would go with Ortiz at first. But what im saying is that if there is a DH available then I play Giambi at first over Ortiz. Giambi's not a great first basemen, but hes decent, and getting better. Im sure having one of the best defensive 1Bmen in the history of baseball around in Don Mattingly certainly doesnt hurt.

Yeah, I think thats a HUGE reason for his improvement.