PDA

View Full Version : Fenway Giveaway

Sox Fan on Cape
08-19-2005, 01:36 PM
Okay this is the first. So let's see how this goes. Up for grabs are the following :

Description

Item Specifics - Tickets
Event Type: Sporting Events Number of Tickets: 2
Baseball Section: FB33
Venue State/Province: Massachusetts Row: K
Venue City: Boston Month: Sep 4th
Venue Name: Fenway Park

Yes that's right 2 Field Box tickets row K. Section FB 33 is right behind the on deck circle.

The rules :

(1) You Must be a TalkSox member by 8/18/05.
(2) You must be able to use the tickets.
(3) Make a brief post stating why you should win ( preferred dates in multiple ).
(4) You must respond to winner's notification post within 24 hrs by Private Message with your name and address ( we're under somewhat of a time constraint here, I want to make sure tickets get to you and are not wasted ). Otherwise, they will go to someone else in the drawing.

The Drawing :

The drawing will be random by me. I will make tokens ( name stuck on coins ) and draw from a bowl. I think that the fairest way ( no personalities involved ). I, and my family aren't eligable.

Cut-Off Date : Date you must post by: August 27 th by noon
Drawing will be held on : August 27 th 3:00 Pm

Let the fun begin !!!

yeszir
08-19-2005, 03:34 PM
Wow. These are amazing seats. :o.

soxie thefangirl
08-19-2005, 03:40 PM
Okay here's why I should definitely be able to get these seats:
-I want to take my mom who has never in her life been to Fenway, although she wanted to, but would never spend money on herself and I'd buy her some tickets but I am a dirt poor college student.
-First time my mom started watching was Game 4 of last year's ALCS and she has not missed a game since. She knew nothing about baseball before and now she knows everything.
-Everytime I'VE gone myself, when people gave me tickets, the Red Sox always, alwaaaays won.
-I wanna do something nice for my awesome mom. She would be deliriously happy to go and she deserves it and these are amazing tickets. So I hope I definiteeeely win. And that's the perfect date to go, as well. :D

yankeessuck013
08-19-2005, 03:54 PM
OK I want these tickets because every game I've ever gone to the red sox win including a sweep of the mariners a couple years ago when they were good. My dad is a yankee fan and he should see what a "good" team looks like and take a picture of the standings on the monster that show Boston in first place! and it would be the perfecty back to school gift.

ARod2212
08-19-2005, 03:57 PM
While I would love to make a trek up to Fenway, September 4th is too late in the year for me. Good luck to everyone in the drawing.

Those are some sexy seats too.

greenwell39
08-19-2005, 04:43 PM
What a GREAT opportunity...and it couldn't have come on a more perfect day - today's my 28th birthday! So, of course, these tickets would make a fantastic belated birthday gift to me! :D
Why else should I be the one to win the tickets? Let me count the ways...
*I LOVE the Red Sox
*I spend my life devoted to children (as a teacher), and teacher's can't always afford the high price of Fenway tickets that are out on the market (since tickets are so hard to come by!). School starts the week before this game, so it would be a great back to school gift as well!
*The last game I went to (August 14) was rained out :( (and I sat through the heat, pouring rain, and two rain delays just in hopes that the game would be played - I am devoted)!
* My son was born last year on Opening Day at Fenway...everyone in my family says he is the good luck charm and why the Sox won the World Series last year (I bought my little guy a Red Sox hat before he was born, he wears it everyday, hasn't been washed since he started wearing it...starting to look a little like Trot's hat!...eww, I know, but it's a good luck charm!)
So, my fingers are crossed that I will be the lucky winner! Although, I am a good sport and I wish the rest of you the best of luck as well!
**I would only be able to go to the September 4th game because the other tickets you have would be on a school day (the teacher can't play hookie!).

26 to 6
08-19-2005, 05:25 PM
I can make the trip up for the weekend, and get to experience a typical game at Fenway, because the only other time i've been at Fenway is for a Yankee game and it would be great to see the atmosphere of the park and the fans.

Soxfan#1
08-19-2005, 06:58 PM
I would love the tickets because I want to go to at least one game this year. My fowks think the tix are too much and I haven't gone to a game this season. Also our convienence store keeps us very busy but I know we could make time for this. Thanks again for the oppurtunity SFOC. Also My record is 3-1 when going to a sox game.

Sox Fan on Cape
08-19-2005, 06:59 PM
New's flash just added: Item Specifics - Tickets
Venue City: Boston Month: Sep 6

Boston Red Sox vs. Angels at Fenway.
2 FIELD BOX Tickets. Side by Side.
Section 16, Field Box 33. Row K.
Game is Tuesday, Sept 6, 2005.

Soxfan#1
08-19-2005, 08:00 PM
You got more tickets. damn you are a god.

soxie thefangirl
08-19-2005, 08:29 PM
You're amazing! Wow! More chances to win! And I can go anyday, doesn't matter, hehe.

yankeessuck013
08-19-2005, 08:30 PM
yeah, thats hot

Manny Goes Boom
08-19-2005, 08:40 PM
I think I deserve these tickets because I have never been to Fenway and I want to be able to enjoy the experience at the Fens, and in Boston. I have been bugging my parents all sumer about going out there because I have the money but they won't let me go alone, now I can bring my dad and let him see why I have become such a fanatic these past few years. :D I would LOVE to go, and could attend either game. My birthday is on September 11th, and this would WITHOT A DOUBT, be the best birthday present I have ever gotten! :thumbsup: I hope I win, and if not, whoever wins will no doubt have a blast, and enjoy these tickets tremendously, I know I would. :thumbsup: :D B)

26 to 6
08-19-2005, 10:24 PM
New's flash just added: Item Specifics - Tickets
Venue City: Boston Month: Sep 6

Boston Red Sox vs. Angels at Fenway.
2 FIELD BOX Tickets. Side by Side.
Section 16, Field Box 33. Row K.
Game is Tuesday, Sept 6, 2005.
Is there a seperate thread for these tickets or are you just going to do 2 drawings based on the posts you get on this thread? If thats the case is it possible that if I win the drawing for the September 6th game, that I can trade with the winner of the September 4th game (but ONLY if the winner of that drawing is able to go to the 9/6 game), because the 6th is a Tuesday and I wouldnt be able to make it up to Boston during the week. I would rather do this than drop out of the drawing for the Sept. 6th game as it would hurt my chances of winning.

Manny Goes Boom
08-20-2005, 12:53 AM
I think whoever wins each of these GENEROUS (thanks again Sox Fan on Cape :thumbsup: ) ticket drawings, should hold up a Talksox.com sign at the game. :)

Sox Fan on Cape
08-20-2005, 01:02 AM
I think whoever wins each of these GENEROUS (thanks again Sox Fan on Cape :thumbsup: ) ticket drawings, should hold up a Talksox.com sign at the game. :)
Thinking t-shirts with yeszir's permission.

Manny Goes Boom
08-20-2005, 01:06 AM
Thats a good idea too :thumbsup:

Master Shake
08-20-2005, 01:53 AM
I should win the tickets because Fenway Park is my favorite place on earth, and whenever I go there it never fails to put me in a good mood for days afterward :) Also, I would love it if I could take another die hard Sox fan with me and sit in excellent excellent seats (more often than not I fly solo when I go to games).

:)

Sox Fan on Cape
08-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Is there a seperate thread for these tickets or are you just going to do 2 drawings based on the posts you get on this thread? If thats the case is it possible that if I win the drawing for the September 6th game, that I can trade with the winner of the September 4th game (but ONLY if the winner of that drawing is able to go to the 9/6 game), because the 6th is a Tuesday and I wouldnt be able to make it up to Boston during the week. I would rather do this than drop out of the drawing for the Sept. 6th game as it would hurt my chances of winning.
I'll just do two drawings from the posts in this thread.

26 to 6
08-20-2005, 07:10 PM
I'll just do two drawings from the posts in this thread.
well if I win the drawing for the game on the 6th, is it possible to trade with the winner of the first drawing, as long as they are able to go to the second. It would really hurt my chances if I had to drop out of one of the drawings.

Sox Fan on Cape
08-20-2005, 07:48 PM
well if I win the drawing for the game on the 6th, is it possible to trade with the winner of the first drawing, as long as they are able to go to the second. It would really hurt my chances if I had to drop out of one of the drawings.
I don't see it as a problem.

26 to 6
08-20-2005, 08:50 PM
thanks a lot man, I really appreciate it.

MANNYHOF24
08-20-2005, 09:33 PM
I would really love to win these tickets, first of all beacuse i love the sox and fenway park secondly i waited like 8 hours online the say the tickets came on sale and all i couldnt get anything good. I would love to see a game with my dad(who is also a big sox fan), i live in Maine and dont get a chance to go to Fenway often, and would love this opportunity, thanks!!!!

stevece80
08-21-2005, 11:35 AM
I should win these tickets because I had to give away my pair to the only game I had tickets to this year. They lost that game. Giving me the tickets also guarantees a Red Sox win, as I'm on a ridiculous winning streak. Last loss was August (I believe) of 2002, Carl Everett's first game back in Boston, Lowe started, I believe some combo of Urbina and Willie Banks gave up the lead and game, Cliff Floyd got what seemed his first and only hit with runners on, and Grady Little allowed Tony Clark to make the final out of the game with the tying and go ahead runs on base, but I digress.

BrentD22
08-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Well I just finished up a summer at the Boys & Girls Clubs summer camp. 8 of the longest weeks you'd ever work! I now have 2 weeks off (yes I have the 4th off).

I would love to bring one of my staff members from summer camp. He did an amazing job working with the kids and I would like to thank him. I've also only been to 1 game this year.

PLUS

Because I work with kids I'M POOR.

26 to 6
08-21-2005, 11:58 AM
ahhh....the 2002 Boston Red Sox, a pretty interesting team ;)

stevece80
08-21-2005, 12:44 PM
I'd figure you'd have a soft spot for Tony Clark making a final out with the tying and go-ahead runs on base.

jebargit
08-22-2005, 10:07 AM
If I win, I promise not to streak! A victory for all....

26 to 6
08-22-2005, 11:27 AM
I'd figure you'd have a soft spot for Tony Clark making a final out with the tying and go-ahead runs on base.
It was kind of odd. I was actually thinking about that the other day, and the Tony Clark we saw in the postseason looked very similar to the Tony Clark we saw in Boston in 2002, not the Tony Clark we saw all season long, the guy who could come off the bench and hit a 450 foot home run, or play a steller first base.

stevece80
08-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Tony Clark's a weird dude. He's Babe Ruth in Arizona. Go figure.

He's a nice guy, but he was open about how the stress of the impending strike in 2002 totally had his mind elsewhere. I think pressure imight not be this guy's best friend, to be honest.

26 to 6
08-22-2005, 11:43 PM
Tony Clark's a weird dude. He's Babe Ruth in Arizona. Go figure.

He's a nice guy, but he was open about how the stress of the impending strike in 2002 totally had his mind elsewhere. I think pressure imight not be this guy's best friend, to be honest.
I would have to agree

BigPapiEnFuego
08-24-2005, 01:35 PM
I'd like to have these tickets. I've only been to 2 sox games and one time they lost to minessota and won against Detriot. I want to experience a good game, not the blowouts i've seen. I have my own license now and it would give me my own sense of freedom and self worth if i was able to go to Boston and see the game. I been under alot of stress and problems, and if i win these it would make me a much happier person, and help make the past few shity months i had seem better.

gosox613
08-25-2005, 10:04 PM
The reason that I want to win starts before the season did. They were selling sox four game packs and i was online frantically searching for tickets to the package with the RED SOX_YANKEES OPENING DAY. I got some tickets and to my surprise my parents gave me thumbs up to get it. Well, the tickets were timed as most usually are. I was entering all of the information and i pressed enter with very little time remaining on the timer. The ticket dealer refused it because my credit card number entry for my mom's card was incorrect, and I lost the tickets. Turns out that i missed the last four numbers:1986. Weird. So my parents say they will try to get tickets but they dont follow through. Then my dad lost his job this spring and he has had little to no cash flow and has been unable to purchase tickets off of such places as EBay. Then there was a ray of hope left: my dad's friend got tickets from his office. I was out of my depression and I thought I would be fortunate enough to make it to a Red Sox game this year. Now, my dad has recently informed me that he is taking my SISTER whos only begun to be interested in the Red Sox, instead of me. He says he will try to get other tickets to antoher game so that I can go to one but, with my dad's cash flow considered, I find it very unlikely that this will occur. I find this to be my last chance to make it to Fenway to see my beloved Red Sox at least once this year and my first time to Fenway in three years. That is why I want these tickets so badly.

Soxfan#1
08-26-2005, 03:51 PM
The reason that I want to win starts before the season did. They were selling sox four game packs and i was online frantically searching for tickets to the package with the RED SOX_YANKEES OPENING DAY. I got some tickets and to my surprise my parents gave me thumbs up to get it. Well, the tickets were timed as most usually are. I was entering all of the information and i pressed enter with very little time remaining on the timer. The ticket dealer refused it because my credit card number entry for my mom's card was incorrect, and I lost the tickets. Turns out that i missed the last four numbers:1986. Weird. So my parents say they will try to get tickets but they dont follow through. Then my dad lost his job this spring and he has had little to no cash flow and has been unable to purchase tickets off of such places as EBay. Then there was a ray of hope left: my dad's friend got tickets from his office. I was out of my depression and I thought I would be fortunate enough to make it to a Red Sox game this year. Now, my dad has recently informed me that he is taking my SISTER whos only begun to be interested in the Red Sox, instead of me. He says he will try to get other tickets to antoher game so that I can go to one but, with my dad's cash flow considered, I find it very unlikely that this will occur. I find this to be my last chance to make it to Fenway to see my beloved Red Sox at least once this year and my first time to Fenway in three years. That is why I want these tickets so badly.
Wow.

gosox613
08-26-2005, 05:50 PM
yea i no, true story

MANNYHOF24
08-28-2005, 07:40 AM
When is this drawing going to be held