PDA

View Full Version : Somethin I Noticed

YanksHater213
06-02-2004, 01:49 PM
many pitchers have gone deep into games with no hitters/perfect games this season more than any other in recent memory. Of course theres randy johnson, tom glavine was no hit through 8, just today dontrelle willis was perfect through 6.2 until sean casey got a hit. just a little something i noticed

Red Stockings
06-02-2004, 08:14 PM
yeah that is true. That happens a lot this season, but a big part of it is luck and great defense. Just to bring it up, one of the redsox memories that is stuck in my mind is from a couple years ago. Mike Mussina was pitching against the sox, and he had a perfect game through 8 and 2/3 innings, untill Carl Evertt broke it up. I was somewhat upset, because i almost wanted mussina to get it. There was practically no way the sox could have won that game, so it would have been nice to see a pitcher do something great like that.

CalvnHobs6
06-02-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Red Stockings@Jun 2 2004, 09:14 PM
yeah that is true. That happens a lot this season, but a big part of it is luck and great defense. Just to bring it up, one of the redsox memories that is stuck in my mind is from a couple years ago. Mike Mussina was pitching against the sox, and he had a perfect game through 8 and 2/3 innings, untill Carl Evertt broke it up. I was somewhat upset, because i almost wanted mussina to get it. There was practically no way the sox could have won that game, so it would have been nice to see a pitcher do something great like that.
I was at that game, if I remember correctly.

GrassInZimsTeeth
06-03-2004, 11:43 AM
I immediately went out and bought a Carl Everett T-shirt after that game. I'm not sure, but wasn't that Mussina's first season with the MFY?

yeszir
06-03-2004, 08:05 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I was kind of pulling for Mussina in that game, thinking it would be the only perfect game I'd see in my lifetime. But RJ changed that i guess. B)

GrassInZimsTeeth
06-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Did you miss David Wells' perfect game in '98 or David Cone's in '99? I think New York has had enough perfect games. Makes me ill thinking that Moose almost did it too (thus the T-Shirt). Way too many for NY in a short period of time.

yeszir
06-04-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by GrassInZimsTeeth@Jun 4 2004, 12:50 PM
Did you miss David Wells' perfect game in '98 or David Cone's in '99? I think New York has had enough perfect games. Makes me ill thinking that Moose almost did it too (thus the T-Shirt). Way too many for NY in a short period of time.
Well, I hadn't witnessed them live is what I meant. Sportscenter is not good enough for me!

GrassInZimsTeeth
06-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by yeszir@Jun 4 2004, 12:08 PM
Well, I hadn't witnessed them live is what I meant.
Yeah, that's tough to do. You have to be watching a lot of baseball or just be in right place at the right time.

roary
06-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Actually, now that I think about it, this IS true. There have been way too many perfect games/perfect game attempts in recent years to keep track of. It's a good few years for pitchers I guess. Predictions on when the next one will be? I say '08.

YanksHater213
06-04-2004, 08:22 PM
i got 2009, Bronson Arroyo vs the Yankees

rockin' in the free world
06-07-2004, 08:00 PM
wow bronson arroyo? do u really think hes gonna develop into anything, hes already pretty old

yawkeyway
06-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by rockin' in the free world@Jun 7 2004, 09:00 PM
wow bronson arroyo? do u really think hes gonna develop into anything, hes already pretty old
He's 27...

And if Randy can pitch a perfect game in his 40's, why can't Bronson pitch one when he's 32? Doubtful, but not unrealistic because of age.

Old Hoss
06-08-2004, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by YanksHater213@Jun 2 2004, 01:49 PM
many pitchers have gone deep into games with no hitters/perfect games this season more than any other in recent memory. Of course theres randy johnson, tom glavine was no hit through 8, just today dontrelle willis was perfect through 6.2 until sean casey got a hit. just a little something i noticed
Why just the other day, Derek Lowe got a guy out in the first inning before he gave up two runs. Scary!!!!! :o