PDA

View Full Version : Bruschi will be back!!!

riverside sluggers
07-20-2005, 08:03 AM
excited now for this news on boston.com reporting our boy Bruschi will indeed return to play come August :thumbsup:

Report: Bruschi to play in '05
Veteran's return set at 90 percent
By Jerome Solomon, Globe Staff | July 20, 2005

According to a report on New England Cable News last night, Patriots linebacker Tedy Bruschi, who suffered a stroke in February, plans to play this season. The cable network cited a source who said it would be surprising if Bruschi didn't play this season, placing the likelihood of his return at 90 percent. Patriots coach Bill Belichick wasn't available for comment, but team spokesman Stacey James said Bruschi hasn't told the team whether he plans to play or sit out this season. ''Tedy Bruschi will make his intention known when he is ready," James said. ''As far as I know, he hasn't discussed it with the staff as yet."

Doctors cleared Bruschi for limited workout activities some time ago. He participated in team meetings at a June mini-camp, but did not take it to the practice field. Bruschi's agent, Brad Blank, said yesterday he had spoken with Bruschi in the last couple of days but the linebacker hadn't indicated he had made any decision about playing in 2005. The Patriots open training camp July 29 and will have to decide whether to put Bruschi on the active roster at that time. In mid-June at the team's ring ceremony, Bruschi said he was in no rush to make a decision.

''I'm just taking my time making sure things are right," Bruschi said at the Patriots' Super Bowl ring ceremony in June. ''Just living one day at a time right now. ''The organization has been so supportive of me, I'm not pressured with any timetable. My family and I are worried about my health, and we're just making sure I'm getting better and that's the only thing we're focusing on right now."

YanksHater213
07-20-2005, 08:12 AM
Sounds good! Hope he plays.

riverside sluggers
07-20-2005, 08:15 AM
he is the backbone of the Patriots defense and has been since the mid-90s when he came on board. Even if he does got couple good more seasons in him, I think he would later on make one hell of a defensive coach.

schillingouttheks
07-20-2005, 02:20 PM
Hahahahahah PATS WIN SUPERBOWL 40!!!! WOOT, heh, not getting too cocky just liking the sound of it, should we continue on our dominance :)

riverside sluggers
07-20-2005, 03:44 PM
update even though bruschi is up to 90% better, he has decided not to return to play for 05-06 season, but will be serving on the sidelines as assistant linebackers coach

schillingouttheks
07-20-2005, 03:44 PM
BREAKING NEWS: Fresh off of the Red Sox postgame on NESN, Bruschi has supposedly changed his mind and will not play for the 2005-2006 season :(...FUCK!

schillingouttheks
07-20-2005, 03:45 PM
Damn, sluggers beat me to it. YOU BASTARD!!!

riverside sluggers
07-20-2005, 04:00 PM
haha sorry, true we did post at exact same time, great sox fan minds think alike

YankeeDoodle
07-20-2005, 04:10 PM
I know it's frustrating, but I would rather see a player sit rather than risk a serious injury - his was by no stretch life-threatening.

riverside sluggers
07-20-2005, 04:13 PM
him serving as assistant linebackers coach will still be pulling punches for the pats' defense

schillingouttheks
07-20-2005, 09:00 PM
I hope they do something for him on opening day. Would be nice to see a commemoration or something for him for everything he's done for us.