PDA

View Full Version : Interest in Jason Jennings?

GrassInZimsTeeth
05-19-2004, 09:12 AM
Any pitcher who plays for Colorado can only have no where to go but up. Not literally of course since the Rockies are the "highest" team in the majors... Whatever, read the article.

Jennings Rumor (http://www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36~96~2157251,00.html)

I never believe a team when they say "he's unavailable." That's crap because if there's ever a business where everyone has their price it's Major League Baseball.

NomarMannyOrtizzle
05-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Once the sox add in more talent, the Rockies will give into it. Hey, I got an idea. Why don't the Sox offer up DLowe. I know he's older and is a free agent at he end of the year, but he is a ground ball pitcher. I'm pretty sure that that is what the Rockie's need: someone who will give up ground balls instead of fly balls. And hey, the Red Sox can even offer some minor league talent accompanying Lowe. Who knows, maybe the thought of going to as big a hitter's park as Coor's will snap Lowe into reality and convince him to sign with the Sox. Just a few thoughts

YanksHater213
05-22-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by NomarMannyOrtizzle@May 19 2004, 02:46 PM
Once the sox add in more talent, the Rockies will give into it. Hey, I got an idea. Why don't the Sox offer up DLowe. I know he's older and is a free agent at he end of the year, but he is a ground ball pitcher. I'm pretty sure that that is what the Rockie's need: someone who will give up ground balls instead of fly balls. And hey, the Red Sox can even offer some minor league talent accompanying Lowe. Who knows, maybe the thought of going to as big a hitter's park as Coor's will snap Lowe into reality and convince him to sign with the Sox. Just a few thoughts
good idea, we would get rid of lowe!

but seriously, jennings is a very good, young pitcher. i would love to see him on the red sox for the long term. as for lowe, i wouldnt care who we get for him as long as their not as bad as him

yawkeyway
05-23-2004, 09:13 AM
But Jennings is worse than Lowe. MUCH worse. It doesn't truly matter that he pitches at Coors. A 8.49 ERA is worse than a 6.02 ERA, no matter how you look at it. True, maybe the rockies would be interested in Lowe, since his sinker ball would keep balls out of the thin air at Coors.

I wonder, do the Rockies have any sinkerballers on their staff? Have they in the past, and have they been succesful? No matter how much I hate lowe, I'd rather have him over Jennings.

Zenny
05-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Jason Jennings is a sinkerballer. Or should I say was. His sinkerball doesn't sink anymore. Any pitcher coming out of Colorado scares me. Look at all of the promising pitchers that went in there only to become crap there and continue their crap elsewhere. I wouldn't touch Jennings with a 10 foot pole.