PDA

View Full Version : The offical A's suck thread

CrespoBlows
05-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Wow, so much for the prediction for A's winning the AL West, I think you have to be able to pitch and hit first before you win ballgames.

A's can't hit, at all. It's been a month and Kendall can't adjust, Chavez is clearly in a funk that has gone to his head. Hatteberg is a cleanup hitter??!!

The A's have some good starters, but no bullpen. Octavio Dotel is just as liable to blow a save as Calvin Schardei was. Cruz is a power arm, but all he can throw is a fastball. Calero can't get anyone out, and Street doesn't look as dominant as he did in Minor league baseball.

I'm looking forward to a 3 game sweep of Oakland.

element1151
05-08-2005, 02:52 PM
I think the Mariners have a shot of 3rd place this year if thier bats heat up.

Sizzlin22
05-08-2005, 03:55 PM
Ohhh my god how do you not hit Kevin Brown the guys ERA WAS OVER 8

schillingouttheks
05-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Haha Sizzlin, I'm happy...that means the Yankees suck, and the A's suck!! 3 game sweep here we go. Watch us finish up the M's tonight and get that sweep, sweep the A's here, sweep the M's back in Seattle, and the sweep the A's in Oakland...would that be a record?

yankees228
05-08-2005, 05:00 PM
You got to give Brown at least a little credit. It's either he sucks when he pitches bad or the team he is facing sucks when he pitchs well. Players like Kotsay, Kendall, Chavez, Hatteberg, Kielty, and Durazo are pretty good hitters. Also he outdueled the AL ERA leader.

CrespoBlows
05-08-2005, 06:46 PM
I say again, FUCK MONEYBALL!

BoSox Rule
05-08-2005, 07:08 PM
The A's are always a second half team.

CrespoBlows
05-09-2005, 06:06 AM
That's true they are, I'd like to see Billy Beane make some moves so his team can beat the Yankees. They might not be good this year, but with all the talent they got loaded in their system, they'll be pretty good.

DOrtiz4prez
05-11-2005, 05:14 PM
I have second row green monster seats to a Sox vs A's game on September 19. I won some raffle or something. A lottery...

I'm looking forward to a bashing.

CalvnHobs6
05-11-2005, 05:39 PM
The Yankees may have shut out the A's on consecutive days...
But I'm pretty sure we just swept them. Last time I checked, that's better.

CrespoBlows
05-11-2005, 07:13 PM
yup, and our wins were better.

ahhchon
05-11-2005, 08:33 PM
The A's have some good starters, but no bullpen. Octavio Dotel is just as liable to blow a save as Calvin Schardei was. Cruz is a power arm, but all he can throw is a fastball. Calero can't get anyone out, and Street doesn't look as dominant as he did in Minor league baseball.

what are you talking about? colerko, street and that import are pretty nasty. they have an insanely talented pitching staff.

as the days go by it seems as chavez was on roids or something.. when is this guy ever going to become the 30hr hitter he was not long ago.

john

CrespoBlows
05-12-2005, 06:18 AM
Street is probably the only good pitcher in that bullpen. Calero's ERA is hovering very high right now. The A's are done.

YANKEESRULE
05-12-2005, 10:14 AM
The Yankees may have shut out the A's on consecutive days...
But I'm pretty sure we just swept them. Last time I checked, that's better.

Ok, Well we just swept the M's, and you didn't so what does that mean. We lost won to the A's, you guys lost won to the M's. Look like it or not records aside the teams are even when it comes to team chemistry,pitching, and hitting. We are both clutch. The Yankees started slow, but like I have always said every good team slumps in the season. Its good that the yanks got their slump out of the way. I don't think the Sox have slumped yet. so watch out. Its bound to happen it happens to every team.

yankthis
05-12-2005, 12:51 PM
Those last two were certainly "feel-good" wins, but let's not lose sight of the fact that the A's had the Sox cornered. Wins like that don't come very often for any team.

soxie thefangirl
05-12-2005, 01:02 PM
That's true. But the first one was close and the second one was simply because of our closer being crappy.