PDA

View Full Version : A-Rod's new thoughts on "the Slap":

RedSoxRooter
01-31-2005, 11:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=klapisch_bob&id=1980464

"Yet, Rodriguez called it, "a smart play, one I would've made again."

"In the heat of the moment, you do things sometimes out of instinct," Rodriguez said. "I thought it was a smart play, and we almost got away with it. We put an umpire in the position of having to turn over a call like that in Yankee Stadium. It gave us a shot. (Umpire) Jim Joyce told me, 'if you'd knocked the crap out of (Arroyo) it would've been legal because he was in your way.' So if I had a chance to do it again, I would've tried to run him over. Even though I probably would've hurt someone with my weight and velocity, dropping my shoulder down."

Nice. Everybody talks about Schill not being able to shut up... A-Rod's starting to lose any of the actual respect I had for him.

Radgeta
01-31-2005, 11:15 PM
I don't think you should be proud of a girl slap...

TheHammerOfGod
02-01-2005, 12:50 AM
have i mentioned that i cant stand arod? :thumbdown

note to arod: shut the fuck up already!

Plumpamania
02-01-2005, 01:01 PM
Arod needs to have permenant duck tape put on his mouth.

BigPapiEnFuego
02-03-2005, 03:40 PM
He is a wuss. If i was in that position i would of tackled him like Delgado did to Meintkiewicz.

BoSox Rule
02-03-2005, 04:01 PM
He's a fuckin pussy.

Yanksin2010
02-03-2005, 05:06 PM
have i mentioned that i cant stand arod? :thumbdown

note to arod: shut the fuck up already!
I completely agree. Though I cheer for as a player, can't say I like him as a man.

TheHammerOfGod
02-03-2005, 07:04 PM
I completely agree. Though I cheer for as a player, can't say I like him as a man.

omg u mean...there are others...like ME???? *tear*

yeah i cheer for him as a player b/c he's on the team, and in terms of pure skill, he's definitely got it but i dont like him much as a person.