PDA

View Full Version : Trade Hanley Ramirez?

soxonfox
01-27-2005, 09:40 PM
now that we have renteria locked up for 5 years, do you think the sox should use Hanley Ramirez as trade bait or should they keep him and see what happens?

i think they should tradse him. renteria is here for 5 years and unless hanley moves to 2B there will be no spot for him. they should use him to bring in a pitcher ( like sheets) at the deadline or smething like that.

yeszir
01-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Moving to minors forum.

But I've never really envisioned Ramirez as a SS, partially because I expected Nomar to stay, silly me. He could easily convert to OF or 2B.

BoSox Rule
01-27-2005, 10:04 PM
I am competely against moving Hanley to another team on the account of Edgar Renteria and his .728 OPS.

ahhchon
01-27-2005, 10:10 PM
i second that third that and fourth that.

john

Yanksin2010
01-27-2005, 10:24 PM
I would trade renteria before i trade hanley.

ahhchon
01-27-2005, 10:44 PM
that's amazing, hearing that from a yankee fan.

john

Zenny
01-28-2005, 12:24 AM
There has been a lot of talk of converting Hanley to CF for the 2006 season once Damon is potentially gone. I wouldn't mind that at all. He has the athletisism and bat for it. He just needs to learn the position.

BoSox Rule
01-28-2005, 12:37 AM
There has been a lot of talk of converting Hanley to CF for the 2006 season once Damon is potentially gone. I wouldn't mind that at all. He has the athletisism and bat for it. He just needs to learn the position. But that means well.....Damon would be gone :(

elsrbueno
01-28-2005, 08:51 AM
There has been a lot of talk of converting Hanley to CF for the 2006 season once Damon is potentially gone. I wouldn't mind that at all. He has the athletisism and bat for it. He just needs to learn the position.

Peter Gammons actually mentioned that possibility in his latest article.

He basically said the Red Sox feel they're better off with Renteria at short and Ramirez in center than with Ramirez at short and pretty much anyone who'll be on the market for centerfielders in 2006.

I'm for keeping Ramirez myself....

Zenny
01-28-2005, 10:13 AM
But that means well.....Damon would be gone :(
Damon's on the wrong side of 30, pal.

ahhchon
01-28-2005, 01:58 PM
i agree with that, i don't see damon matching his 04 numbers. i hope he does, nice guy but unless he matches those numbers or surpasses them to show that he isn't on a decline he won't be worth signing. he'll most likely ask the 7-9 per year range imo. if he has another year like last year he'll be asking 8-10 for sure.

john

elsrbueno
01-28-2005, 02:31 PM
i agree with that, i don't see damon matching his 04 numbers. i hope he does, nice guy but unless he matches those numbers or surpasses them to show that he isn't on a decline he won't be worth signing. he'll most likely ask the 7-9 per year range imo. if he has another year like last year he'll be asking 8-10 for sure.

john

On that note it seems Theo Epstein has proven he makes the move he feels is best for the team overall, and doesn't necessarily show favoritism to current Red Sox free agents.

He didn't overpay for Martinez
He chose Renteria over Cabrera
He didn't overpay Lowe.

That being the case, unless Damon really has a good year, I don't see Theo bringing him back.

Soxfan#1
01-28-2005, 04:17 PM
No, Damon is the sparkplug to the redsox. I hope he can stay and this doesn't become another nomar. Then again he just got mairried......

ahhchon
01-28-2005, 04:41 PM
On that note it seems Theo Epstein has proven he makes the move he feels is best for the team overall, and doesn't necessarily show favoritism to current Red Sox free agents.

He didn't overpay for Martinez
He chose Renteria over Cabrera
He didn't overpay Lowe.

That being the case, unless Damon really has a good year, I don't see Theo bringing him back.

i don't see renteria over cabrera being a "great" move.

john

elsrbueno
01-28-2005, 04:50 PM
i don't see renteria over cabrera being a "great" move.

john

Didn't say it was a great move, in fact my posts before and after the Renteria signing state the contrary. My point was that Theo Epstein does what he believes is best for the team, and does not necessarily show loyalty to returning players. The Renteria / Cabrera (and the other instances I noted) prove that .... my guess is that Johnny probably won't be back in 2006.

I KNOW that I said in multiple threads that the Sox didn't need to spend the extra monety on Edgar... That being said, he's a member of the Boston Red Sox and I'll cheer for him even though I believe he's overpaid....

ahhchon
01-28-2005, 05:48 PM
yeah, i didn't think you did either, poor choice of word on my part.

john

Chitalian Stallion
01-28-2005, 11:10 PM
I would be against Hanley leaving. We've been talking about how great he's gonna be and i would hate to see his "greatness" play for another team. Plus we'd save loads of cash if we put him in CF instead of potential 8-10 mill Damon.

DOrtiz4prez
01-29-2005, 03:41 PM
Can Hanley lead off?

Zenny
01-29-2005, 03:57 PM
Can Hanley lead off?
In 2006, probably not. He seems like he should grow into more of a #2 or #3 hitter, but he certainly could be a leadoff man. It's difficult to predict that kind of thing this early.

BigPapiEnFuego
01-29-2005, 08:45 PM
Keep Ramirez. I want to see Damon stay, so i'd be all for Ramirez playing third. I'd love it if the infield in 07 was something like Ramirez/Youkilis-Renteria-Pedroia-Youkilis/Bladergroen. How awesome would that be? If Damon does not come back, then put Ramirez out there and Youkilis at 3rd.

Chitalian Stallion
01-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Keep Ramirez. I want to see Damon stay, so i'd be all for Ramirez playing third. I'd love it if the infield in 07 was something like Ramirez/Youkilis-Renteria-Pedroia-Youkilis/Bladergroen. How awesome would that be? If Damon does not come back, then put Ramirez out there and Youkilis at 3rd.
We still have Mueller you know, but that would be a good future infield either way. Why can't we put Ramirez at second? Is Bellhorn that big of a player?

BigPapiEnFuego
01-29-2005, 11:28 PM
Yeah, but i think after this year Mueller might be gone. I don't know. Bellhorn is alright, but i would of liked to have seen a different 2B this year.

Zenny
01-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Damon will not be the same player he is now by 2006. As he gets older, he gets slower. Besides, no one can be that good forever. 2004 seemed to be Damon's career year, IMO.

Gertie
01-30-2005, 11:35 AM
Hanley has the arm to play 3rd, but it would be a shame to let his range and athleticism go to waste. I think a move to 2B or CF would be the best thing the Sox could do with him. He has all the tools; not to the extent of Beltran, but he'll (hopefully) be a complete player along those lines.

RedSox4538
02-13-2005, 11:30 AM
Chemistry mean anything at all to you? I want the Red Sox to win this year, not become the Royals and trade our best players because we have a prospect.

Zenny
02-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Chemistry mean anything at all to you? I want the Red Sox to win this year, not become the Royals and trade our best players because we have a prospect.
So we're going to ruin team chemistry by trading a guy who has never put on a Sox uniform (Renteria)?

By the way, Damon will be gone after this season.

RedSox4538
02-13-2005, 05:05 PM
I thought y'all was talking about trading Damon. Let's see how Damon does this year before writing him off.

BTW, the way you guys are hyping Hanley it seems as if he is better then Renteria now. Let's remember that Hanley hasn't seen 1 pitch in triple A let alone a MLB pitch.

Plumpamania
02-15-2005, 02:41 PM
But in all seriousness...we aren't the Yankees. Damon will be commanding a $10 million salary possibly and he'll be on the wrong side of 32 to get that.

Hanley is an amazing player with so many tools. I would rather go with youth than with age.

RedSox4538
02-17-2005, 03:15 PM
Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley vvHanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley Hanley

Zenny
02-17-2005, 04:32 PM
That was the most useless post I have ever seen from a useless poster.

BigPapiEnFuego
02-17-2005, 05:16 PM
I was watching Red Sox Inside Out the other day and Dan Shaughnessy says he thinks Hanley will be traded before June. I may also note that Dan Shaughnessy pisses me off, and i never believe him.

Zenny
02-17-2005, 05:23 PM
I was watching Red Sox Inside Out the other day and Dan Shaughnessy says he thinks Hanley will be traded before June. I may also note that Dan Shaughnessy pisses me off, and i never believe him.
I don't doubt that Hanley may be traded, but why June? The deadline is July 31st and that's when all the big deals occur, anyway. Dan Shaughnessy is an idiot. He needs a haircut and a new chin.

RedSox4538
02-17-2005, 07:20 PM
Zenny the red sox new general manager is offered a trade by cardinals

Bos gets:
Scott Rolen
Albert Pujols
Jim Edmonds
Mark Mulder
cash for the salaries of the above players
Stl Louis gets
Hanley Ramirez

is declined because Zenny squaps up and down on hanleys bat

BoSox Rule
02-17-2005, 07:41 PM
You're a fuckin dumbass.

BigPapiEnFuego
02-17-2005, 07:45 PM
that was gay. Who the heck is that guy?

RedSox4538
02-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Big Papi en fuego has a tattoo on his ass that says Ortiz was here

element1151
02-17-2005, 09:36 PM
I like the "vvHanley" part in the middle! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BoSox Rule
02-17-2005, 09:43 PM
I like the "vvHanley" part in the middle! :lol: :lol: :lol: HAHAHAHA How the hell did you see that?

yeszir
02-17-2005, 09:46 PM
In the middle of what? I see nothing to see.

CrespoBlows
02-18-2005, 02:39 PM
I like the "vvHanley" part in the middle! :lol: :lol: :lol:
how is that funny?

element1151
02-18-2005, 09:35 PM
In the middle of what? I see nothing to see.

It was RedSox4538's post on the 2nd page

element1151
02-18-2005, 09:36 PM
how is that funny?

If you had seen that post, like BoSox Rule did, you would have seen how that was funny.

stocker323
02-18-2005, 09:38 PM
If you had seen that post, like BoSox Rule did, you would have seen how that was funny.

It's still there and still funny.

element1151
02-18-2005, 09:42 PM
It's still there and still funny.

Oh thought it was from this page. My bad.

BoSox Rule
02-18-2005, 09:58 PM
The idiot is trying to prove something about Hanley, but can't even hit CTRL + V hahahahahaha

CrespoBlows
02-19-2005, 09:32 AM
and thats funny how

BoSox Rule
02-19-2005, 11:55 AM
You blow, not Crespo. Or maybe Crespo blows you?

element1151
02-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Oh well. At least i like having a sence of humor.

BigPapiEnFuego
02-19-2005, 12:15 PM
Big Papi en fuego has a tattoo on his ass that says Ortiz was here

and i have one on my penis that said redsox4538 licked here.

yeszir
02-19-2005, 12:34 PM
Oh well. At least i like having a sence of humor.
Too bad you don't have a sense of spelling. :lol:

Zenny
02-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Hanley was just named the #10 prospect in baseball by Baseball America.

element1151
02-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Too bad you don't have a sense of spelling. :lol:

You spell one word worng in over 1,000 posts, and this is what i get!

Plumpamania
02-28-2005, 11:56 PM
Ahem: Ben Sheets..

yeszir
03-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Ahem: Ben Sheets..
I dont get it? Do you mean trade Hanley for Sheets? :dunno:

CrespoBlows
03-01-2005, 02:54 PM
and i have one on my penis that said redsox4538 licked here.
either you the gayest fag alive or you like having twofers with men.

RedSoxFox7
03-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Hanley has said over and over again that he really wants to play in Boston, and if it means chaning positions, he's all for it.

I say move him to 2B, get rid of that piece of crap Bellhorn (I don't care how well he did in the playoffs, he still sucks), lock up Caveman for another 2-3 years in center, and see how Mueller & Youk work things out at 3B.

BoSox Rule
03-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Bellhorn doesn't suck at all.

DOrtiz4prez
04-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Hanley has said over and over again that he really wants to play in Boston, and if it means chaning positions, he's all for it.

I say move him to 2B, get rid of that piece of crap Bellhorn (I don't care how well he did in the playoffs, he still sucks), lock up Caveman for another 2-3 years in center, and see how Mueller & Youk work things out at 3B.

Youks moving to first. But, I'm still confused about why. We have McCarty to backup. And Papi. At third, all we have is Youk. Someone explain this to me.