PDA

View Full Version : Minky likely to lose the ball

Chitalian Stallion
01-24-2005, 02:36 PM
Here's the link:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1972865

This article really explains why he should give it back. Thank God that sneaky son of a be-otch wont keep it or get any money for it. It belongs in Fenway or Cooperstown.

yeszir
01-26-2005, 09:28 PM
The thing's just been so blown out of proportion now, that no one really wants to talk about it anymore, evidenced by the lack of replies in this thread. :D

RedSoxRooter
01-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Well, it looks like it's over. From BDD

"Minky Gives Ball Back to Sox "For One Year"

"There was never a fight, there was never words exchanged. It was very cordial, and we worked something out. I want the fans to see it, and that's what both the Red Sox and I agreed on. They waited a long time to see that ball and to live it. The fact that I had it was just so we could keep it and give it to the fans and let them see it. I didn't expect all of this with the ball. Sometimes in life you think you're doing the right thing and it doesn't turn out that way. That's kind of what happened here. I didn't think it was going to come out to this. Like I said, I gave Derek Lowe the Game 7 ball from the ALCS, and no one seems to want that one. There were never any hard feelings about it, though, with me and the front office. The whole thing, when the article came out, was blown way out of proportion. It made it sound like we were fighting for the ball. In order to be a fight, the other side has to not want to give something up and that's not my point. They never asked for it. When they asked for it, they got it. They're coming to get it and now it's over and done with." -- New York Met Doug Mientkiewicz"

=====================

Funny. It seems the toughest and longest negotiating the Sox did this offseason was for the ball. I'm glad it's back though.

yankthis
01-31-2005, 06:32 PM
It's just a ball for crying out loud; it has absolutely no value and serves no socially redeeming purpose, yet these knuckleheads act like they've found the Holy Grail/Fountain of Youth/Cure for Cancer.

One more dead branch on the tree of evolution I guess.

BigPapiEnFuego
01-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Heh, it would be funny if the sox kept the ball after it was on the tour, and never gave it back. nothing anyone can do. it's a freekin ball.

Chitalian Stallion
02-03-2005, 09:25 PM
Heh, it would be funny if the sox kept the ball after it was on the tour, and never gave it back. nothing anyone can do. it's a freekin ball.

That would solve all our problems, then minky would be forced to court (unless he doesnt want the ball anymore) and we'd probably get the ball back

Sox fan in Tex
02-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Oh boy, it's not JUST a ball! It's THE ball. It's the ball thats ended generations of torment! And some guy that no one knows how to spell his name, that was here for half a year, that contributed practically nothing (well atleast not much) is going to get to keep the ball.

Do you want the ball to be in Boston or Cooperstown where it should be? Or do you want it in New York City up in Minky's closet?

yeszir
02-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Why is everyone so infatuated with balls, dammit! :D

People getting eyes gouged out for homerun balls, so called "milestone" balls selling for millions of dollars, THIS whole ordeal. It's not worth it for some string and a hide cover, really. I'll sell you a baseball for 12 bucks. Official MLB too.

element1151
02-07-2005, 10:50 PM
It does seem ridiculous how much people spend on milestone memorabilia, but if i had that kind of money, i would consider buying something like that.

yankthis
02-08-2005, 03:52 PM
It makes some sense that a trophy or ring would have some sentimental value.

The ball? It's worth about 6 bucks to anybody who needs one.

ahhchon
02-12-2005, 12:10 AM
it's a stupid fucking baseball. i could care less who had it.. give it to bin laden for all i care.. shit. there are people on the planet fighting for a loaf of bread because they are so poor and here we are talking about a baseball. A BASEBALL.

i can see if he stole the trophy and didn't return it, but it's a BASEBALL. i fucking hate dan shitnessy.

john

p.s.- sorry for the rant, i just spent 13 hours studying organic chemistry, the immune and respiratory system.

sarasoxfan
02-13-2005, 04:33 PM
I have never understood the whole fuss, and as surprising as it may seem I agree with john.

Thanks to the media that crappy ball is worth something now.

But I do wish minky well.

Luckily (thank God) pitchers and cathers report next week and we can start concentrating on the season. Hopefully the yankee intruders will disappear and we can talk about the sox in peace. The Giambi thing and the posts there make me remeber why yankeefans are douche bags-when they dont have anything to say they say we're jealous.

Did we decide about game threads for spring training?