PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Yankee Chants

yankeessuck013
01-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Just wondering what the Fenway faithful are cooking up to taunt the Yankees with next year. So much to works with...."2000"...Slappy Rodriguez..........Balco Giambi.........Choke Artists....what you guys thinking is the best?

personally, I like the "Roooooooid- Boys"

or jeters cheaters

who's ur papi?

your ideas?

schillingouttheks
01-05-2005, 05:27 PM
I think chants to taunt other teams are pointless. I can't say I've never joined in, but they don't accomplish anything. I'd rather chant something that boosts the Sox themselves like "Let's go Red Sox" versus chanting something like "Yankees are the biggest choke artists in ths history of sports."

elsrbueno
01-06-2005, 09:07 AM
I think chants to taunt other teams are pointless. I can't say I've never joined in, but they don't accomplish anything. I'd rather chant something that boosts the Sox themselves like "Let's go Red Sox" versus chanting something like "Yankees are the biggest choke artists in ths history of sports."

Schilling-- THANK YOU.

I'm not the first to say this, and I won't be the last-- I was at a Red Sox/Royals game a few years ago and fans started chanting "Yankees Suck." What's the point? Doing this only makes Red Sox fans look stupid. Chanting things like "Who's your dealer?," "Who's your Papi?," "year two-thousand," whatever you're planning on chanting is a BAD idea.

Let's elevate Red Sox fans ABOVE Yankee fans maturity levels, and stick to "Let's go Red Sox."

Tell your friends. Tell your children, parents, anyone you can. Stop any chant that brings Red Sox fans down to the level of a Yankee fan.

Let's go Red Sox.

YanksHater213
01-06-2005, 09:15 AM
They are kind of pointless but theyre fun to participate in. Especially, my favorite, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullshit

01-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Well, those taunts dont fit into 4 syllables. At least the "Who's your daddy" was a 4 syllable chant that is interchangeable (rhythm-wise) with any other chant.

01-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Schilling-- THANK YOU.

I'm not the first to say this, and I won't be the last-- I was at a Red Sox/Royals game a few years ago and fans started chanting "Yankees Suck." What's the point? Doing this only makes Red Sox fans look stupid. Chanting things like "Who's your dealer?," "Who's your Papi?," "year two-thousand," whatever you're planning on chanting is a BAD idea.

Let's elevate Red Sox fans ABOVE Yankee fans maturity levels, and stick to "Let's go Red Sox."

Tell your friends. Tell your children, parents, anyone you can. Stop any chant that brings Red Sox fans down to the level of a Yankee fan.

Let's go Red Sox.
too bad it cant be like that in real life.

stevece80
01-06-2005, 03:17 PM
I really dislike the whole "Yankees suck" chant, and the clothing/stickers/etc. that go with it. However, "Who's your dealer", "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal-co", and "year-two-thou-sand" are perfectly within reason. I think stooping low is tossing batteries and singing the "Gangbang" song the poor excuses for human beings in the bleachers at YS do.

You're safe from "stooping" if you can read, have more in your wardrobe than jogging suits, and don't think Joe Piscopo was an important figure in American history.

ahhchon
01-06-2005, 04:09 PM
i agree with many of you guys, there has only been one time where i've chanted yankees suck, the time when a-rod slapped the ball out of arroyo's hand.. that game that is.

john

Benny9Sox7
01-06-2005, 04:24 PM
You cant say that chats dont bother the players and that they dont react to them.Not that anyone said this yet but Look at the "Whose Your Daddy?" chant and Pedro, you could tell it affected him somewhat because he was smiling from it.

elsrbueno
01-06-2005, 04:45 PM
I really dislike the whole "Yankees suck" chant, and the clothing/stickers/etc. that go with it. However, "Who's your dealer", "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal-co", and "year-two-thou-sand" are perfectly within reason. I think stooping low is tossing batteries and singing the "Gangbang" song the poor excuses for human beings in the bleachers at YS do.

You're safe from "stooping" if you can read, have more in your wardrobe than jogging suits, and don't think Joe Piscopo was an important figure in American history.

Since Red Sox fans haven't thrown batteries, or caused game delays as a result of a call we didn't agree with... we are already above Yankee fans as a group by default.

I have to admit that the "Who's your dealer?" chant made me laugh, but I'd rather see the Sox' fans elevate themselves above chanting negative things, and stick to promoting the 2004 World Champion Red Sox.

stevece80
01-06-2005, 04:48 PM
Since Red Sox fans haven't thrown batteries, or caused game delays as a result of a call we didn't agree with... we are already above Yankee fans as a group by default.

That isn't entirely accurate, but I'd say the fans in Boston haven't caused a delay as the result of crying over the correct call.

01-06-2005, 08:24 PM

I have to admit that the "Who's your dealer?" chant made me laugh, but I'd rather see the Sox' fans elevate themselves above chanting negative things, and stick to promoting the 2004 World Champion Red Sox.
Red Sox are still below Yankees until they stop getting drunk over baseball games and take showers (latter referring to players)

BoSox Rule
01-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Red Sox are still below Yankees until they stop getting drunk over baseball games and take showers (latter referring to players)

Oh, come on.

01-06-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm generalizing. I know. But how filthy looking is Manny? Cabrera is gone, Pedro is gone, now if they could get Shrek some braces...

BoSox Rule
01-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Who cares how they look? Damn.

01-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Who cares how they look? Damn.
exactly, which is why I don't understand why RS fans like to point out A-Rod's purplish-pink lips.

Zenny
01-06-2005, 09:02 PM
Who the hell is pointing that out? Who gives a flying fuck what they look like?

TheHammerOfGod
01-23-2005, 04:29 PM
Just wondering what the Fenway faithful are cooking up to taunt the Yankees with next year. So much to works with...."2000"...Slappy Rodriguez..........Balco Giambi.........Choke Artists....what you guys thinking is the best?

personally, I like the "Roooooooid- Boys"

or jeters cheaters

who's ur papi?

your ideas?

i personally always liked the Giambi "you use steroids clap clap clapclapclap" I personally will be joining that one mwahahahaha! (as u may be able to tell...i never really liked giambi)

01-23-2005, 04:31 PM
i personally always liked the Giambi "you use steroids clap clap clapclapclap" I personally will be joining that one mwahahahaha! (as u may be able to tell...i never really liked giambi)
how bout:

"PLEASE RE-TIRE!" :lol: :lol:

TheHammerOfGod
01-23-2005, 04:41 PM
how bout:

"PLEASE RE-TIRE!" :lol: :lol:

yes! i like that one! :thumbsup: