PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Pitching Pitching

RedSoxRooter
04-29-2004, 02:43 PM
The Red Sox are pitching lights-out! In the last 9 games they are 8-1. The starters are on a streak of 32 straight scoreless innings.

The Bullpen is on a streak of 30 1/3 straight scoreless innings.

Has the bullpen even lost a game since the home opener???

roary
04-29-2004, 02:45 PM
I find this truly amazing. The sox are now the most dominant pitching team in all of baseball. The starters and relievers have a total of 62 1/3 scoreless innings in a row (not consecutive, but seperately, if you know what I mean) as you pointed out RSR. Its amazing.

For so long it was "pedro and pray for rain" and the media was talking about how crappy our pitching was. Last year our bullpen was plain weak, the year before even worse. The whole closer by committee thing.

And now? Pow, lights out from everyone. Even BK, who we were unsure about coming back after a stint on the DL. It's amazing, and lucky too, considering how poor our offense has been playing as of late.

yeszir
04-29-2004, 03:14 PM
I'm simply amazed by our pitching staff. Everyone is stepping it up and pitching phenomenally. I mean, Bronson pitched well and was the last pitcher to give up a run! Amazing.

And as roary pointed out, its a good think too, since our hitting hasn't been great so far. :)

dirtdogman5
04-29-2004, 04:39 PM
I really love these 4-0, 5-0, 2-1, etc. games much more than the 10-9, 11-8, 15-8 games last year. It's just been amazing. Everbody is just pitching awesome right now. Hopefully it will continue into the deep months of the season. I'm definintely looking forward to watching this pitching staff dominate the best bats in the league in October.

jarjar
05-01-2004, 01:59 AM
Amen to dirtdog...

The only mishap I have caught so far, I don't get NESN, is that Frannie left Schill in against the Blue Jays after almost 8 innings. GRAND SLAM :o

I am LOVING this rotation especialy after Aroyyos two AWESOME apperances against the SPANKS and KIMS 5 shutout innings, Wake-y is looking terrific.

Is this amazing or what? :D

yawkeyway
05-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by jarjar@May 1 2004, 01:59 AM
Amen to dirtdog...

The only mishap I have caught so far, I don't get NESN, is that Frannie left Schill in against the Blue Jays after almost 8 innings. GRAND SLAM :o

I am LOVING this rotation especialy after Aroyyos two AWESOME apperances against the SPANKS and KIMS 5 shutout innings, Wake-y is looking terrific.

Is this amazing or what? :D
Right, the only pitching downside all season was the horrible excuse for a game, but I think its a learning experience now. Schilling knows his limitations inning and pitch count wise, and Francona learned from the fans that he needs to step it up and take action, even if players disagree with him.

RedSoxRooter
05-01-2004, 01:15 PM
I still agree with the Schilling decision (save the bullpen for the Yankee series) even though the outcome was not perfect in Toronto.

Saving the bullpen for the Yankee series - how did that work out? :D

jarjar
05-01-2004, 09:07 PM
It worked out great.....

live and learn.

Don't like to lose in our division in any fashion though!!!! :blink:

TheFens
05-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Well, the streak is now over. :(

Oh well, so long as we bounce back from this Texas series and continue to pitch well, I'm fine. Streaks dont last forever, as someone said before, so we need to move on and start winning again.

jarjar
05-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Could the Sox give Wake-y one darn run for Pete's sake? Sixth inning and no runs. He is pitching a phenomenal game.
We need Nomar and Trot already - too much!!!! :angry:

RoyNHSox
05-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Yeah Wake deserves some support for another fine start tonight. We're lucky to have Wake (as our #4) because he's been the most consistent starter this year. Once again this unsung hero for the Sox quietly goes about his business.

yeszir
05-02-2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by RoyNHSox@May 2 2004, 09:42 PM
Yeah Wake deserves some support for another fine start tonight. We're lucky to have Wake (as our #4) because he's been the most consistent starter this year. Once again this unsung hero for the Sox quietly goes about his business.
Amen. He's the team's MVP really. And also, welcome to the site! Same to you jarjar if i had never said it before.

jarjar
05-03-2004, 10:21 PM
OK now SCHILL gets no run support- against the INDIANS!!

I know it's only May but GEEEEZ! :huh:

Is Daubach gonna come through? I can't take it! :(

Come on guys, the yankees are knockin'
I wanted a bigger lead by now-

jarjar
05-03-2004, 10:24 PM
By the way, Thanks to YESZIR for the welcome!!!! :D