PDA

View Full Version : Kent

RedSox24
11-30-2004, 09:46 PM
I read this somewhere that the sox are interested in Kent to be either a 2B, 1B, or a DH.

schillingouttheks
11-30-2004, 10:29 PM
yes i read this too but since its been just floated around as a rumor. kent wouldnt mind coming here, but the sox i dont think are paying too much attention. there are greater problems right now than kent.

elsrbueno
12-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Not sure if the Sox need Kent at this point.

They have 2 1B's already (Millar and Mientkiewicz)
They have Bellhorn to play 2B every day
They already have 2 DHs (Manny and Ortiz)

Kent's a great hitter, but where does he fit in with the Red Sox needs? There would have to be a lot of roster shuffling for the Sox to go seriously after Kent.

Benny9Sox7
12-01-2004, 02:55 PM
They have to re-sign bellhorn first buddy

CrespoBlows
12-01-2004, 02:57 PM
He isn't a FA, he's arbitration eligble.

elsrbueno
12-01-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Benny9Sox7@Dec 1 2004, 02:55 PM
They have to re-sign bellhorn first buddy
Bellhorn is a property of the Boston Red Sox. He is not a Free Agent

ahhchon
12-01-2004, 03:16 PM
the red sox would NEVER sign anyone for the purpose of DH. they have the BEST DH in the league. it's like the giants signing someone to play left field.

john

schillingouttheks
12-01-2004, 05:01 PM
yes, and someone said somethin about having 2 1Bs..im curious as to how MKZ could possibly fit in at 2B maybe? save bellhorn for late in the game maybe

yankeessuck013
12-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by schillingouttheks@Dec 1 2004, 05:01 PM
yes, and someone said somethin about having 2 1Bs..im curious as to how MKZ could possibly fit in at 2B maybe? save bellhorn for late in the game maybe
it is very very likely the sox will trade either millar or minky, most likely minky even though I would rather part with Millar! Mets are looking @ Minky?!?!?!?! (What else is new?)
here is the article on kent though:

Jeff Kent is a free-agent name to keep on the back burner of the Red Sox' hot stove, right next to that of Troy Glaus. The veteran second baseman, who has 100-plus RBI in seven of the last eight years, is interested in playing for the Red Sox, although no contact has yet been made between his agent and the ballclub. The Red Sox are on Kent's radar ``very much so, probably more so than a couple of years ago when the Red Sox had interest in Jeff, given the Red Sox' success and Jeff's taste for the playoffs that he's developed,'' said Kent's agent, Jeff Klein.

link also includes a bit on valentin (http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=56599)