PDA

View Full Version : Jonny Gomes

Thunder
08-13-2013, 09:25 AM
He has obviously been a huge addition to the Sox, especially in the clutch. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him be a starter, if it wasn't for the amount of good outfielders the Sox have. He signed a 2 year contract, so he will be around next year, but what do you think the future holds for Jonny?

RedSoxNC84
08-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Hopefully the future is more PH grand slams.

Lord Snow
08-13-2013, 08:22 PM
He has obviously been a huge addition to the Sox, especially in the clutch. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing him be a starter, if it wasn't for the amount of good outfielders the Sox have. He signed a 2 year contract, so he will be around next year, but what do you think the future holds for Jonny?

A successful career as a AA skipper.

Thunder
08-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Hopefully the future is more PH grand slams.

More? He doesn't have any.

jacksonianmarch
08-13-2013, 09:39 PM
He's being used exactly how he should be. He's a matchup RH hitter with a flare for the dramatic. Overplay him and he'll be overexposed.

Behindenemylines
08-14-2013, 02:13 PM
He's being used exactly how he should be. He's a matchup RH hitter with a flare for the dramatic. Overplay him and he'll be overexposed.

I agree. If you played him more against righties you would probably have another Napoli.

RedSoxNC84
08-14-2013, 02:23 PM
More? He doesn't have any.

My bad, he was a starter that day, for some reason I thought he was pinch hitting when he hit that slam.

Thunder
08-14-2013, 05:25 PM

If he can work on that, he has the potential to be a starter or even DH every once in a while when the Sox face a tough lefty like Price or Sabathia.

rjortiz
08-16-2013, 05:08 PM
If he can work on that, he has the potential to be a starter or even DH every once in a while when the Sox face a tough lefty like Price or Sabathia.

Two points:

1) They'd never sit Ortiz for Gomes.

2) Gomes is a brutal defender with awful platoon splits. He's a part-time player who mashes lefties.