PDA

View Full Version : Pedroia done for the yr

jacksonianmarch
10-02-2012, 06:59 AM
Broken ring finger. Should be even easier to steamroll this abortion of a ball club. But watch, tonight Lester will remember that he could be a top of the rotation starter.

cbbosox
10-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Is there a way they can just let the Pawsox play the last two games instead of the Red Sox? Oh wait (except for Lester and ross) they already are.

a700hitter
10-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Operation rollover is almost complete. What will we end up with 93 losses? What a disgrace-- a demonstration of complete and utter incompetence and lack of any leadership.

I always knew that the FO guys starting with Theo were not the geniuses that they were cracked up to be, but the depth of the FO organizational failure is beyond anything I could imagine. This season pretty much unveils the fact that baseball operations have been run by idiots for several years.

a700hitter
10-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Operation rollover is almost complete. What will we end up with 93 losses? What a disgrace-- a demonstration of complete and utter incompetence and lack of any leadership.

I always knew that the FO guys starting with Theo were not the geniuses that they were cracked up to be, but the depth of the FO organizational failure is beyond anything I could imagine. This season pretty much unveils the fact that baseball operations have been run by idiots for several years.

Elktonnick
10-02-2012, 08:09 AM

Given what is happening in Baltimore and what is not happening in Chicago with the Cubs can there be any real doubt that the 04 to 07 run was built on the foundation created by Dan Duquette. Once Theo and his ilk were left to their own devices it was a steady slide to the bottom.

a700hitter
10-02-2012, 08:59 AM
Given what is happening in Baltimore and what is not happening in Chicago with the Cubs can there be any real doubt that the 04 to 07 run was built on the foundation created by Dan Duquette. Once Theo and his ilk were left to their own devices it was a steady slide to the bottom.The foundation for the 2004 team was built by Duquette without a doubt. As for 2007, LL had a large hand in that. After 2007, Theo and his band of fools were given more autonomy and they ran the franchise into the ground. Theo was a terrible talent evaluator and his entire staff sucked at talent evaluation. The last good talent evaluator that the 4ox had was the old guy Lajoie. I am glad that they recently hired a top talent evaluator. That is a big step in the right direction. I feel for the Cubs fans. The Cubs have 2 of the core 3 idiots running the show there. We have the other one. Hopefully, he will be a good little puppet at take direction from the adults.

ibot2much
10-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Given what is happening in Baltimore and what is not happening in Chicago with the Cubs can there be any real doubt that the 04 to 07 run was built on the foundation created by Dan Duquette. Once Theo and his ilk were left to their own devices it was a steady slide to the bottom.

Apparently there was a lot of doubt for way too long so that Duquette did NOT get his proper due. Finally FORBES magazine calls it correctly ---that Theo was the most overrated manger of the decade.

And to return to the topic, Pedroia better stop being as dirt doggy as he has been. This is the third injury to an extremity. The earlier foot injury resulted in a pin having to be put in and the hand/wrist injury of earlier this year took a while to heal since he came back ( again) way too soon.

Elktonnick
10-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Apparently there was a lot of doubt for way too long so that Duquette did NOT get his proper due. Finally FORBES magazine calls it correctly ---that Theo was the most overrated manger of the decade.

And to return to the topic, Pedroia better stop being as dirt doggy as he has been. This is the third injury to an extremity. The earlier foot injury resulted in a pin having to be put in and the hand/wrist injury of earlier this year took a while to heal since he came back ( again) way too soon.

When I was a kid we were always told not to slide head first into a base. Too many players today do it. It simply isn't worth the risk in the long run. I doubt if Pedey has learned his lesson.

youmetaxidermy
10-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Just look at Ellsbury. Our record could have been a lot better if he had just slid into second the correct way.

As for the rest of the season... yeah. Our record isn't that much better than the Astros. That's ridiculous.

redsoxfan3
10-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Actually, Pedroia is in the lineup tonight, along with Ellsbury. This is the type of leadership and toughness that we need on this team. All of the rookies, take note on how Pedroia is still playing with a broken thumb. The heart and willingness to never quit with this kid is unbelievable. This season is a lost cause and it would have been easy for him to throw in the towel.

Behindenemylines
10-02-2012, 05:06 PM
The weather is going to be sh_ty for tonights game. Both Pedrioa and Ellsbury are in the lineup, but because of the weather its possible they don't play in what is a meaningless game long term. Last night was a joke. Buchholtz needs to show up. I'm a little down on him after last nights no show.

jacksonianmarch
10-02-2012, 06:11 PM
broken ring finger, not thumb

BOSOX11
10-02-2012, 06:40 PM
This team would have a hard time taking down the 1962 Mets.

Youk Of The Nation
10-02-2012, 06:54 PM
Broken ring finger. Should be even easier to steamroll this abortion of a ball club. But watch, tonight Lester will remember that he could be a top of the rotation starter.

Sorry, I couldn't hear the sound of his season ending over the RBI double.

jacksonianmarch
10-02-2012, 07:36 PM
rotoworld reported that he was out for the yr

mvp 78
10-02-2012, 07:44 PM
rotoworld reported that he was out for the yr

As did CSNE and NESN...

example1
10-02-2012, 08:52 PM

Jesus, can we have a single thread that doesn't turn into the same old song and dance about incompetence, just once? There are multiple threads custom built for the king of talksox to talk about the shortcomings of the team. This is a thread about Pedroia, and his injured hand.

The team sucks, it doesn't mean that we have to, does it?

a700hitter
10-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Jesus, can we have a single thread that doesn't turn into the same old song and dance about incompetence, just once? There are multiple threads custom built for the king of talksox to talk about the shortcomings of the team. This is a thread about Pedroia, and his injured hand.

The team sucks, it doesn't mean that we have to, does it?The entire season has been the obvious culmination of prolonged incompetence. I've watched it play out all season long and last September. It needs to be called what it is over and over. There's no debating the point. I don't know why it bothers you. I am not arguing with anyone or starting a fight. You have used every thread to talk about getting a top draft choice. I have found that repetitive, annoying and depressing, but I didn't give you guidelines for posting. Don't give me any.

example1
10-03-2012, 07:31 AM
The entire season has been the obvious culmination of prolonged incompetence. I've watched it play out all season long and last September. It needs to be called what it is over and over. There's no debating the point. I don't know why it bothers you. I am not arguing with anyone or starting a fight. You have used every thread to talk about getting a top draft choice. I have found that repetitive, annoying and depressing, but I didn't give you guidelines for posting. Don't give me any.

There are many threads where I didn't talk about draft choices. Thats a hollow criticism. However, even if I did, at least that is looking forward.

Why do you need to call it what it is over and over, in a thread about Pedroias finger? You aren't a one trick pony a700. I'm sure you have a useful anecdote or remembrance about a player roughing it out injured at the end of a lost season or something. I'm not even being sarcastic. Those stories add color to the various topics here.

Palodios
10-03-2012, 07:33 AM
There are many threads where I didn't talk about draft choices. Thats a hollow criticism. However, even if I did, at least that is looking forward.

Why do you need to call it what it is over and over, in a thread about Pedroias finger? You aren't a one trick pony a700. I'm sure you have a useful anecdote or remembrance about a player roughing it out injured at the end of a lost season or something. I'm not even being sarcastic. Those stories add color to the various topics here.

a700 won't compare Pedroia to Yaz until Pedroia is long since retired, and there is a soft second basemen here who can't hit. I'm also very serious.

a700hitter
10-03-2012, 07:53 AM

One trick pony?:lol: I think that applies to the filter through which you read my posts. It really is your filter. My goodness this was the worst season in my extensive lifetime. I have been very restrained in light of the fact that I never waivered in the pre-season that this team didn't have enough pitching and that was what killed the team. Back to the one trick pony remark, the internet could never convey the complexity of my mind or character. The internet is just not conducive to conveying the depth of a person. That being said, there is enough content here from me that you would realize that if you didn't have such a narrow filter through which you read my posts.

a700hitter
10-03-2012, 08:12 AM
a700 won't compare Pedroia to Yaz until Pedroia is long since retired, and there is a soft second basemen here who can't hit. I'm also very serious.^ Can this be interpreted as anything other than unprovoked criticism of another poster and ridicule intended to provoke a fight? You've been doing that a lot lately. If this is going to be how you want to correspond, I am pretty good at ridicule and I will initiate this kind of thing if this persists. I don't think you want to go down that road.

As for Pedroia, I have said over and over that he is the sparkplug of the Sox. When he is hitting, we win and go on a roll. I'd be okay with them clearing the entire roster and keeping Pedroia. . If you actuallyread my posts without your "hate a 700" filter, you would know that. Instead you play the part of a jackass.

RedSoxfanforlife305
10-03-2012, 08:27 AM
The offseason, where pointless fights/arguments happen.

redsoxfan3
10-03-2012, 01:15 PM
broken ring finger, not thumb

Thanks for the correction. That was a mistake. I got this injury confused with his previous. Either way, I still applaud his effort and willingness to play. All fighting aside, anyone who is not impressed with him still playing needs a reality check. As I said earlier, there were two games left, and he could have pulled a Crawford and ended the season and nobody could have questioned him because of a real injury.