PDA

View Full Version : Sveum Will Return

mosox
11-15-2004, 09:57 AM
From todays Herald:

The Red Sox [stats, schedule] are expected to announce a change to Terry Francona's coaching staff this week but it's not the one that fans expected.

Third base coach Dale Sveum will be back for a second season, despite a rocky first year, while Euclides Rojas, who served as bullpen coach for the past two seasons, will apparently leave the organization

From what I saw this season, I don't see how he's earned another tour as third base coach. From testing the strong arm of Baldelli to sending guys home with one out and even with no outs (Damon in 1st inning of Game 7 of the ALCS) his judgement is among the worst in baseball.

RedSoxRooter
11-15-2004, 10:05 AM
I agree. And he almost got Ortiz injured... :thumbdown:

sarasoxfan
11-15-2004, 10:45 AM
Certainly winning the series has transformed francona into a genius from the chump he was earlier in the season, but how in the wide wide world of sports could they re-hire sveum.

wendall kim was better and that aint saying very much..Dale almost got DO injured is right he almost got him killed actually --among others...

My God, winning has blinded a lot of poeple....

ON the other hand...

oh well, if aint broke....and well, we did win with the worst third base coach and manager in baseball so why not bring 'em back for more fun.

congrats dale--you are indeed one lucky MF.

CrespoBlows
11-15-2004, 02:34 PM
If ain't broke, don't fix it.

Oh, and BTW, Francona outmanged Torre, so he isn't the worst manager in baseball.

element1151
11-15-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by CrespoBlows@Nov 15 2004, 11:34 AM
Oh, and BTW, Francona outmanged Torre, so he isn't the worst manager in baseball.
He really did well in the playoffs, it seemed like every move he made was the right one.

Chitalian Stallion
11-15-2004, 03:46 PM
I hate Sveum

Gertie
11-15-2004, 04:36 PM
Maybe he can hire a 3B coach-coach

yeszir
11-15-2004, 04:42 PM
I liked during the WS introductions, everyone got lots of cheers and Sveum got booed. He knows we hate him, at least. As if thats any consolation.