1B Joey Votto < Albert Pujols
2B Robinson Cano > Ian Kinsler
3B Evan Longoria > Placido Polanco
SS Alexei Ramirez push Marco Scutaro
RF Nelson Cruz < Jayson Werth
CF Alex Rios push Andrew McCutchen
LF Carlos Gonzalez > Nick Markakis
DH Paul Konerko push Nick Swisher

The lineup was 3-3 the way I saw it, I think our lineups are about even, mine has a little more power maybe but his has a lot of guys who get on base and score a lot

1. Adam Wainwright push King Felix
2. David Price push Johan Santana
3. Mat Latos > Clayton Kershaw
4. John Danks > Shaun Marcum
5. Tim Hudson > Anibal Sanchez

I think that while the first two starters are extremely close, I have an advantage in the 3-5 starters. Wainwright has been better than King Felix this year, but they were about even last year, Johan has more experience than Price, but Price pitches in the deadly AL East

Latos has dominated this year, Kershaw has been pretty good, but he doesn't typically last very long in his starts, he isn't economical, and he walks a lot of guys and doesn't have a great WHIP, Latos WHIP is about 1 and his ERA is slightly better

Danks has had a better ERA than Marcum this year, Marcum was out all of last year so that can't be compared

Hudson is having a career year at, which is remarkable given his age, he frankly should be in NL Cy Young talks, his ERA is phenominal

LR Ervin Santana < CJ Wilson, I honestly think Wilson is better than Marcum and Sanchez
MR Sergio Romo push Kyle McClellan
MR Mike Adams push Darren O'Day
MR Matt Guerrier N/A
SU Evan Meek push Matt Thornton
SU Hong Chi Kuo push Daniel Bard
CL Andrew Bailey > Jon Broxton

We both have excellent bullpens, the average of most of our guys over the last two years is about two, so the bullpens cancel out, his average in long reliever is averaged by mine at closer, the middle relievers and set up men are about even

Overall, I think the bullpens and lineups are about even, and that I have a slightly better pitching staff, which gives me the edge

The bench is really a push:

Buck push Molina
McGahee > Infante
Jason Bay < Andres Torres
Luke Scott push Pedro Alvarez
Erick Aybar N/A

yrtb
08-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Anyone care to vote in the finals...

bsox0407
08-19-2010, 12:03 AM
JBay.

Rotation is really close. 1-0 to Yrtb but the Bullpen is eeked out by Jbay and the bench is push and the lineup is JBAy.

yrtb
08-19-2010, 12:47 AM
I don't really see how his bullpen or lineup is better to be honest, what players do you disagree with from my analysis that makes his bullpen/lineup better

italstallianion
08-19-2010, 11:17 AM
I think that Ytrb beats the living s*** out of Jbay's team. Then again, JBay's team should have lost to WhiskeyBreath in the first round, should have been destroyed by my team in the 2nd round, and should lose here in the finals. There was a reason why Ytrb had the #2 power ranked team (while mine was #1) and why JBay was only #5. His team isn't that good.

Heck, of the 4 final teams, 3 of them voted for my team to beat his. The teams that voted for JBay (JBay, Youker, Bsox) all had bad teams themselves, which shows that they are also bad judges.

yrtb
08-19-2010, 11:34 AM
I think that Ytrb beats the living s*** out of Jbay's team. Then again, JBay's team should have lost to WhiskeyBreath in the first round, should have been destroyed by my team in the 2nd round, and should lose here in the finals. There was a reason why Ytrb had the #2 power ranked team (while mine was #1) and why JBay was only #5. His team isn't that good.

Heck, of the 4 final teams, 3 of them voted for my team to beat his. The teams that voted for JBay (JBay, Youker, Bsox) all had bad teams themselves, which shows that they are also bad judges.

yeah, I was surprised you didn't make the finals

I think jbay's team is pretty good and better than whiskeys though

And suns and bsox both vote against me every round...no matter how bad the opposing team is

italstallianion
08-19-2010, 09:23 PM
To substantiate my vote, and so it isn't completely out of disgust or revenge. Ytrb, in my opinion, has the only team that I think could beat my team. (Divinity's is close). They were the 3 clear best teams in the tournament. Ytrb has the best 1-5 pitching staff of all 10 teams, and has a top 3 lineup besides mine and Divinity.

The bullpen's are close, but JBay has a really weak bench as well. This isn't even a contest. It's like a heavyweight AL East team playing against a dainty NL team in the World Series, where a bunch of other AL East teams would have won the finals as well. This is a horrible championship round.

As far as I'm concerned, I lost to Ytrb in the finals. The right team won it all, although under the wrong circumstances.

MDF3530
08-20-2010, 11:11 AM
YRTB.

I'll take Konerko over Swisher any day of the week.

yrtb
08-21-2010, 08:31 PM
I love how 3 people out of our 10 team league have voted...

Divinity
08-22-2010, 02:00 PM
I vote for yrtb, bullpens and lineup are close, but yrtb has a edge his rotation

suns
08-22-2010, 02:44 PM
I got cheated out unfairly..I'm not going to vote

RedSoxfanforlife305
08-22-2010, 03:15 PM
I got cheated out unfairly..I'm not going to vote

I told myself I wasn't going to get involved but this time I have to. You did NOT get cheated out. Almost everyone but bsox disagreed with you. I even took the time to look at the matchups. Michael Young better than Longoria? :lol::lol::lol: I couldn't take that serious. You lost so just accept it.

yrtb
08-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Suns, how did you get cheated...your team was not good. And Adam Jones > Carlos Gonzalez? that was almost as stupid as Longoria and Young

One more vote and I win

bsox0407
08-22-2010, 04:06 PM
yeah, I was surprised you didn't make the finals

I think jbay's team is pretty good and better than whiskeys though

And suns and bsox both vote against me every round...no matter how bad the opposing team is

To substantiate my vote, and so it isn't completely out of disgust or revenge. Ytrb, in my opinion, has the only team that I think could beat my team. (Divinity's is close). They were the 3 clear best teams in the tournament. Ytrb has the best 1-5 pitching staff of all 10 teams, and has a top 3 lineup besides mine and Divinity.

The bullpen's are close, but JBay has a really weak bench as well. This isn't even a contest. It's like a heavyweight AL East team playing against a dainty NL team in the World Series, where a bunch of other AL East teams would have won the finals as well. This is a horrible championship round.

As far as I'm concerned, I lost to Ytrb in the finals. The right team won it all, although under the wrong circumstances.

Just because you don't agree with the way i judged the teams, I used past stats and what they have done, Not just what they have done lately doesn't mean you should take underhanded shots at me.

yrtb
08-22-2010, 04:13 PM
But you don't back it up with stats, even when you are in the minority

And me vs suns wasn't even close

bsox0407
08-22-2010, 04:18 PM
But you don't back it up with stats, even when you are in the minority

And me vs suns wasn't even close

i don't have time looking at stats all the time.

suns
08-22-2010, 04:45 PM
Mat Latos was better than Jered Weaver? HA

When Will I get over getting cheated out, you ask?
What is today?
The 22nd
2 Years

yrtb
08-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Mat Latos
* W-L 13-5
* ERA 2.33
* K 144
* Walks 40
* WHIP 0.98

Read it and weep

And last year wasn't even a full season, he's not even 23 yet, you can't expect him to be good at the age of 21

suns
08-22-2010, 05:13 PM
NO ONE CARED HOW OLD HE WAS LAST YEAR....IT'S HOW HE PERFORMED LAST YEAR! IF YOU WANTED TO COMPARE AGES ALMOST ALL OF MY PLAYERS HAVE MORE EXPIERENCE THAN YOURS.

RedSoxfanforlife305
08-22-2010, 05:27 PM
LOL suns your making a big deal out of something small. You did NOT get cheated out once again. I can't believe you made it your signature. Does the winner win like a million bucks or something? It's a fantasy team. Chill a little bit.

bsox0407
08-22-2010, 05:47 PM
NO ONE CARED HOW OLD HE WAS LAST YEAR....IT'S HOW HE PERFORMED LAST YEAR! IF YOU WANTED TO COMPARE AGES ALMOST ALL OF MY PLAYERS HAVE MORE EXPIERENCE THAN YOURS.

Calm down suns. Some people are basing their stats on one year not like the league is supposed to be on the past few years. That is why some teams have players who are on the DL and some who are for this year.

yrtb
08-22-2010, 06:07 PM
Well, what matters more, now or two years ago...Two years ago people considered A-Rod the best player in the MLB

And how could a 22 year old have played two years ago, you shouldn't punish players for this being their first year

And if you're going to let a fantasy league make you sulk for two years, you really need to find better things to do

suns
08-22-2010, 06:19 PM
I guess you have bad memory.

yrtb
08-22-2010, 07:45 PM
No, I remember distinctly that in 2008 my fantasy baseball league prerankings on yahoo had Albert Pujols as #2, behind A-Rod

suns
08-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Not that!
I'm not going to remind anyone. It will just be a suprise

italstallianion
08-22-2010, 08:41 PM
I find it funny that Suns went on a rampage for being shafted before I go to. I don't know about Suns, but I get absolutely f***** in this thing. I'm still pissed off, hell, I'm not even sure if I'm going to do the hot girl draft anymore. Judging by how bad some of the voting has been here, I can only imagine what s***** voting will go down in that tournament.

By my luck, my team will lose to a team with Sarah Jessica Parker on it because a few teenagers misunderstood the voting requirements.

And for the record, congratulations Ytrb. I think you should have won the tournament all along, although you should have beaten me in the finals.

italstallianion
08-22-2010, 08:43 PM
Just because you don't agree with the way i judged the teams, I used past stats and what they have done, Not just what they have done lately doesn't mean you should take underhanded shots at me.

I wasn't just taking a shot at you. I was also ripping on Youker (unanimously worst team in the league), and Flynnatic (last power ranked team).

In all fairness, in the rankings I sent Ytrb, I had your team power ranked dead last (I dq'ed Youker). And considering where you, Suns, and Flynnatic were ranked, most of the other teams agree with me.

bsox0407
08-22-2010, 10:16 PM
I wasn't just taking a shot at you. I was also ripping on Youker (unanimously worst team in the league), and Flynnatic (last power ranked team).

In all fairness, in the rankings I sent Ytrb, I had your team power ranked dead last (I dq'ed Youker). And considering where you, Suns, and Flynnatic were ranked, most of the other teams agree with me.

I don't care where you put my team. You could put my team on the DQ list. BTW i put you I just followed what i read on the original posting about this was a draft about the past few years and this year. Not just one Year.

italstallianion
08-22-2010, 10:25 PM
I don't care where you put my team. You could put my team on the DQ list. BTW i put you I just followed what i read on the original posting about this was a draft about the past few years and this year. Not just one Year.

I agree, and a lot of owners (posters) didn't pay attention to that. With that said, even considering that, I don't think that helps you that much.

bsox0407
08-22-2010, 10:29 PM
I agree, and a lot of owners (posters) didn't pay attention to that. With that said, even considering that, I don't think that helps you that much.

Maybe With Carlos Lee. I mean Strasburg is doing okay this year but still beat some of the better starters that was shown. Plus i wasn't talking about my team some people did it to other teams.

yrtb
08-22-2010, 11:31 PM

Well, it was based on good judgement, obviously Aubrey Huff isn't suddenly a star after one breakout year, but if a young player who has minimal MLB experience comes out and owns of course they are a smart draft choice. This is meant to simulate what you want on a real MLB team if you want to win now, so how they are playing right now is the most important thing. Last year matters as well, because if someone is putting up numbers that are unrealistic (based on the assumption that they haven't been good in the past) then their value isn't just based on this year. But this is the first real full year for both carlos gonzalez and Mat Latos, so why should that ruin their values?

bsox0407
08-22-2010, 11:39 PM
Well, it was based on good judgement, obviously Aubrey Huff isn't suddenly a star after one breakout year, but if a young player who has minimal MLB experience comes out and owns of course they are a smart draft choice. This is meant to simulate what you want on a real MLB team if you want to win now, so how they are playing right now is the most important thing. Last year matters as well, because if someone is putting up numbers that are unrealistic (based on the assumption that they haven't been good in the past) then their value isn't just based on this year. But this is the first real full year for both carlos gonzalez and Mat Latos, so why should that ruin their values?

They could be just having a really good year. Wait until scouting reports come out in full for them. Look At OKI.

italstallianion
08-22-2010, 11:42 PM

I agree with this for the most part, EXCEPT, that if the person who's only had 1 year (albeit a good one) is matched up against someone who might not be as good, but has had 3 consistently good years, then I'd give the edge to the player who has a stronger sample size.

For example, I won't directly use the lack of experience against a player like Latos or Strasburg, but if they are against someone like Roy Oswalt (random player generated), then I'd go with Oswalt because of the good numbers for the previous years.

bsox0407
08-22-2010, 11:48 PM
I agree with this for the most part, EXCEPT, that if the person who's only had 1 year (albeit a good one) is matched up against someone who might not be as good, but has had 3 consistently good years, then I'd give the edge to the player who has a stronger sample size.

For example, I won't directly use the lack of experience against a player like Latos or Strasburg, but if they are against someone like Roy Oswalt (random player generated), then I'd go with Oswalt because of the good numbers for the previous years.

i voted like this in a lot. Plus no one on here gives Kinsler any slack. he is one of the Better 2B in Baseball.

italstallianion
08-22-2010, 11:52 PM
i voted like this in a lot. Plus no one on here gives Kinsler any slack. he is one of the Better 2B in Baseball.

I agree with you here. I built my team based on a lot of 2008/2009 stats. I think that ignoring 2008 and 2009 stats is just as bad as ignoring benches or dismissing discrepancies between 4-5 starters. A bad bench is a bad bench. Nobody should have a bad bench in a 10 team redraft league where 2 of the teams quit.

There are players that weren't drafted that would make better benches than some of the benches on a few teams.

bsox0407
08-23-2010, 12:05 AM
i discounted players for not having much experience. I also think not playing on big market teams hurt. According to http://razzball.com/top-20-middle-relievers-2010-fantasy-baseball/ i had two of the best relievers in the game.

yrtb
08-23-2010, 07:07 AM
Kinsler is good, but the top 4 second baseman are Cano, Utley, Pedroia, and Phillips

bsox0407
08-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Kinsler would be one of the best if every year he wouldn't get hurt. Most people don't see him play a lot but he is up there with the top three Cano, Utley, and Pedroia.

Plus Phillips numbers throw a red flag at me for some kind of PED. In 7 years in the Minors he has 67 HRS.
In the first 3 years of the MLB he had 68 HRS. 102 HRS in 6 years.

italstallianion
08-23-2010, 11:01 AM
Kinsler would be one of the best if every year he wouldn't get hurt. Most people don't see him play a lot but he is up there with the top three Cano, Utley, and Pedroia.

Plus Phillips numbers throw a red flag at me for some kind of PED. In 7 years in the Minors he has 67 HRS.
In the first 3 years of the MLB he had 68 HRS. 102 HRS in 6 years.

I agree, but if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle. In any event, it really doesn't matter since JBay (who has Kinsler) faced my team in the semis and (somehow) Ytrb's team in the finals, and our teams have Chase Utley and Robinson Cano respectively. So he could have thrown virtually anyone out there at 2B and he was going to lose that matchup.

Divinity
08-23-2010, 01:38 PM

For players who haven't played 2008 or 2009 it doesn't hurt their value. For them you just base it off how they have played so far and how well they are expected to play from now on

This is why I have Strasburg as my #2, he doesn't have much experience yet he's easily the greatest pitching prospect in the last decade, and his potentional for the next 2 years is very high.

RedSoxfanforlife305
08-23-2010, 02:51 PM
I find it funny that Suns went on a rampage for being shafted before I go to. I don't know about Suns, but I get absolutely f***** in this thing. I'm still pissed off, hell, I'm not even sure if I'm going to do the hot girl draft anymore. Judging by how bad some of the voting has been here, I can only imagine what s***** voting will go down in that tournament.

By my luck, my team will lose to a team with Sarah Jessica Parker on it because a few teenagers misunderstood the voting requirements.

And for the record, congratulations Ytrb. I think you should have won the tournament all along, although you should have beaten me in the finals.

Nah, chill with that. Do the hot girl draft.