PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Red Sox.

bsox0407
03-05-2010, 01:07 PM
I wanna know who is your favorite Red Sox player and Why? It can be from the past, Like how everyone loves Pesky.

Mine first favorite player happened to be Mo Vaughn. After his departure I became a big Trot Nixon fan.

Currently I am a Huge Dustin Pedroia. I love the grittiness of how he plays and his jersey is never white.

Just finished reading his book and it was really cool to read.

BigPapiEnFuego
03-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Manny Ramirez. No matter how much shit everyone talks, he was the man.

yeszir
03-05-2010, 01:16 PM
The correct answer is Pedro Martinez.

He was the first person to actually get me excited about pitching.

TheMino007
03-05-2010, 01:18 PM
I loved Mo Vaughn too. Growing up I guess he was my idol (lets ignore the DUI's and the trips to the Foxy Lady) and I met him on several occasions. Then I guess I liked Damon for the first couple years he was here and then Arroyo became my favorite. White man with cornrows, gotta love it. Then he gets traded and I guess my favorites became Lowell and Bay once he came to Boston. Right now I don't really have a favorite player on the roster.

bsox0407
03-05-2010, 01:21 PM
Manny Ramirez. No matter how much shit everyone talks, he was the man.

Manny had a great career in Boston from 2001-2007. .313/.412/.594 plus 254 HRS and 800 RBIS. and .312/.411/.588 including his 2008 time. I forgot on the bottom of baseball reference it had stats with each team they were on.

The correct answer is Pedro Martinez.

He was the first person to actually get me excited about pitching.

117-37 W-L He was one of the Best pitchers we have ever had.

Dojji
03-05-2010, 01:21 PM
I've always liked the guys who didn't start with a ton of talent and managed to earn their way on the roster. Guys like Brian Daubach for example

Also, I don't care how much of a jerk he was or that he wound up a Yankee, I liked Wade Boggs a lot, ditto for Clemens.

I also have a bit of a soft spot for Timmy Wakefield. He has a great year this year, he could win #200.

Red Foreman
03-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Nomar, followed closely by Manny. Favorite current player Pedroia, followed closely by Papi and Drew.

bsox0407
03-05-2010, 01:26 PM
I've always liked the guys who didn't start with a ton of talent and managed to earn their way on the roster. Guys like Brian Daubach for example

Also, I don't care how much of a jerk he was or that he wound up a Yankee, I liked Wade Boggs a lot, ditto for Clemens.

I also have a bit of a soft spot for Timmy Wakefield. He has a great year this year, he could win #200.

Daubach was really good and i loved the leprechaun look. He was 4th in ROY voting. And Timmy I hope he gets 200#.

my dad likes tim because he says they have teh same fastball. lol

Spudboy
03-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Yaz - The absolute best defensive left fielder I ever saw. And a tremendous hitter in his prime.

He was also the second best defensive 1st baseman I ever saw.

bsox0407
03-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Yaz - The absolute best defensive left fielder I ever saw. And a tremendous hitter in his prime.

he was amazing wish i could have seen him play

BoSox21
03-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Pedro Martinez. The reason I became a Red Sox fan.

BigPapiEnFuego
03-05-2010, 01:52 PM

Who was the best first basemen defensively you've seen?

BSN07
03-05-2010, 01:52 PM
When I was younger Mo Vaughn and Nomah.

Now it's Lester/Beckett. Lester is a beacon of hope for some many people suffering from Cancer. And I have followed Beckett ever since he was drafted by Florida, and actually got to watch him come up through the minors. I was ecstatic when the Sox dealt for him.

suns
03-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Justin Masterson.

Dipre
03-05-2010, 02:00 PM
All Time: Pedro Martinez.

Current: J.D Drew. Fuck the haters.

Spudboy
03-05-2010, 02:17 PM
Who was the best first basemen defensively you've seen?

George Scott.

Not even close. I've never seen anyone play 1st base better since.

BoSox21
03-05-2010, 02:23 PM
George Scott.

George C. Scott in Man Getting Hit by Football

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x169/Kafkateer/George_C_Scott.jpg

"argh, my groin!"

Jasonbay44
03-05-2010, 02:26 PM
All time: Pedro
Current: Youk

redsoxrules
03-05-2010, 03:07 PM
Pedro Martinez, nuff said

Keeper
03-05-2010, 03:18 PM
Youk and Pedroia.

msubulldogs21
03-05-2010, 03:48 PM
All time: Pedro

Current: Pedroia and Lester

ScousePatriot
03-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Mine is Jacoby. I've not been watching Baseball for very long and I don't get to see very much of it but every game I see this guy seems to do something really sweet.

YAZMAN
03-05-2010, 07:19 PM
he was amazing wish i could have seen him play

He was wrapped up like a mummy towards the end, and he still went out and did whatever he had to do. Just special, the face of the team for a long time. Amazing, quick hands, over 400 HRs - at his size with the archaic training they did that's some serious bat head speed.

I would love to see what he and some of his peers would have been able to do with access to today's exercise and diet science.

Jacoby_Ellsbury
03-05-2010, 07:26 PM
Pedro.

a700hitter
03-05-2010, 08:23 PM

He was also the second best defensive 1st baseman I ever saw.Yaz was almost single-handedly responsible for the rebirth of the franchise. 1967 set the franchise on a path of sustained and it has never turned back except for the momentary lapse when Butch Hobson was the manager.

Spudboy
03-05-2010, 09:10 PM
It's interesting to me that most of the members have mentioned only players from the last 15-20 years.

No Doubt Pedro was the best pitcher I ever saw play for the Sox. It's just a shame more people here never saw Yaz play. Add up all the big plays and clutch hits made by Mo Vaughn, Manny, and Papi, and you just begin to approach what Yaz accomplished during his career.

redsoxrules
03-05-2010, 09:14 PM
It's interesting to me that most of the members have mentioned only players from the last 15-20 years.

No Doubt Pedro was the best pitcher I ever saw play for the Sox. It's just a shame more people here never saw Yaz play. Add up all the big plays and clutch hits made by Mo Vaughn, Manny, and Papi, and you just begin to approach what Yaz accomplished during his career.

I was not around to see Yaz play , I've only been a fan since the mid 90's
I'm 29

BOSOX11
03-06-2010, 12:13 AM
Frank Malzone is my all-time favorite Red Sox. My avatar says it all. When I began to follow the team, Ted Williams was in the twilight of his career. However, I did get to see both of them play in the second All Star game at the L.A. Coliseum on 08/03/1959. Malzie even poked a homer to the short left field porch off of Don Drysdale. When Ted retired, it was Yaz and then Tony C. They could make the dullest game a thrilling spectacle. Yaz was simply amazing.

Imperial59
03-06-2010, 12:31 AM
I really wish I could have seen Yaz play. He was my Dad's favorite player and he was responsible for a rebirth of the franchise when no on gave a damn about the Red Sox.

My current favorite player is Youkilis though. I followed him in the minors, I saw his first major league game (in which he hit a home run) and I've always appreciated how he was good at every aspect of the game. Back when it wasn't fashionable to tout range stats, I was pointing out how Youkilis was an elite first baseman according to UZR. He's also always done very well in baserunning stats (Bill James keeps them) and he's always been good at hitting with runners in scoring position. He's a hard nosed player who does everything right. Plus, his facial hair is entertaining.

SCM33
03-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Mo Vaughn, then Reggie Jefferson, then Pedro and Manny.

Current, Youkilis and Pedey.

a700hitter
03-06-2010, 01:56 AM

No Doubt Pedro was the best pitcher I ever saw play for the Sox. It's just a shame more people here never saw Yaz play. Add up all the big plays and clutch hits made by Mo Vaughn, Manny, and Papi, and you just begin to approach what Yaz accomplished during his career.People get irritated when I say during the season that "Yaz would have played." To put that statement in context, I was 2 years old when Yaz broke into the majors and he retired when I was almost 25. For my entire childhood and part of my adult life, he played every day year in and year out. I have been a huge Pedro fan, but we had him for only 7 years. We had Manny for 7 1/2 years. Ortiz has been with us for 7 seasons. Nomar was here for 8 1/2 seasons. These guys were huge stars and heroes. Yaz played more seasons for the Sox than any combination of three of those four guys. That's just amazing. It took me a long time to get used to a Red Sox team without #8 in the lineup, because it had been such a constant.

a700hitter
03-06-2010, 02:12 AM
George Scott.

Not even close. I've never seen anyone play 1st base better since.He could throw around the leather. He played a fair amount of third base too.

Dojji
03-06-2010, 10:04 AM

Not really surprising. Just be grateful that people are mentioning names earlier than the last, say, 6 years.

I dunno guys, we don't want to set the old days on a pedestal. it's hard to deny that Scott was one of the driving forces behind some great years for the Red Sox but I think Youks is a match for Scott on the defensive side of the ball, certainly he's a better 3B, and there's no doubt he's miles better offensively.

Dipre
03-06-2010, 12:11 PM
I dunno guys, we don't want to set the old days on a pedestal. it's hard to deny that Scott was one of the driving forces behind some great years for the Red Sox but I think Youks is a match for Scott on the defensive side of the ball, certainly he's a better 3B, and there's no doubt he's miles better offensively.

How? You never saw Scott play, and no one's talking about offense. Jesus fucking Christ.

Dojji
03-06-2010, 12:23 PM
He was a first baseman. How valuable can a glove really be at first base? Certainly he was no great shakes as a third baseman, and Youkilis has a much higher fielding percentage at third.

I don't mean to take anything away from Scott, especially since he's from a different era, but if a guy like him was playing today we'd all be in favor of him sitting on the bench for some big home run hitter.

Dipre
03-06-2010, 12:29 PM
No.

You said Youkilis was his equal at first, you never said anything about the "Value of a glove at 1B",which is valuable, a good offensive and defensive 1B is more valuable than a similar offensive 1B who can't field his position, also, you can't compare the two because you never saw Scott play and you don't have advanced stats to evaluate him, second, fielding percentage is utterly and completely useless by itself, and you know this, interesting how you try to sneak it in there when it supports your "argument". Funny how you accuse me of being a hypocrite about defensive statistics but have the gall to use F% when you have discounted it before yourself.

Dojji
03-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Blah blah blah. I don't have to read the latest Dipre wall o'text to know exactly what you say anymore.

You sure love to hear the sound of your own electronic "voice" condemning and criticizing other people, doncha? God, get over yourself. No one made you judge, jury and executioner of this forum, and I do not answer to you in any way. Go do your Internet lawyering somewhere else, I'm sick of your act.

You are on "ignore" for the forseeable future.

Dipre
03-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Ah, when called out on your utter and blatant stupidity, resort to personal attacking. Delicious.

You can't compare two when you don't know jack shit about one of them. It's common fucking sense.

Dojji
03-06-2010, 12:40 PM
This message is hidden because Dipre is on your ignore list.

Dipre
03-06-2010, 12:44 PM
I smell the fear, and it smells delicious.

Brb, gonna make a comparison between Josh Reddick and Tony Conigliaro, even though i never, ever saw Conigliaro play and don't have any stats other than F% to back me up. Cooking up TL: DR post right now.

italstallianion
03-06-2010, 12:53 PM
I smell the fear, and it smells delicious.

Brb, gonna make a comparison between Josh Reddick and Tony Conigliaro, even though i never, ever saw Conigliaro play and don't have any stats other than F% to back me up. Cooking up TL: DR post right now.

Hey Dojji, can you see Dipre's post now? :D

Dipre
03-06-2010, 12:53 PM
Hey Dojji, can you see Dipre's post now? :D

English people are awesome.

Spudboy
03-06-2010, 01:06 PM
Lol!

I usually kill threads. This time I've incited a riot!

It's easy to see that Youk is the better all around player. Especially with all the new metrics to support the opinion. However, Youk is a very good defensive 1st baseman. Scott was spectacular. Most people who saw him play would acknowledge that. It's just not debatable.

And while Scotts OBP and OPS probably would not measure up to Youk's, he was a valuable part of the Sox offense and a "feared' hitter in his day. Again, having not seen him play, it would be difficult to understand this. I guess.

Dipre
03-06-2010, 01:09 PM
If you don't have the stats, and you didn't see the player perform, how can you make an analysis? It's stupid.

a700hitter
03-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Not really surprising. Just be grateful that people are mentioning names earlier than the last, say, 6 years.

I dunno guys, we don't want to set the old days on a pedestal. it's hard to deny that Scott was one of the driving forces behind some great years for the Red Sox but I think Youks is a match for Scott on the defensive side of the ball, certainly he's a better 3B, and there's no doubt he's miles better offensively.It's a different game today. Ballparks are smaller today. The pitching mound is lower. The 1960's were ridiculously pitching dominated, because of the higher mound. As for fielding, if you can get a copy of the second to last game of the 1967 season (which is the oldest known full game broadcast in color) you will see the drastic difference in field condition from today. The groundskeepers for today's teams have all sorts of Masters degrees in grass and dirt. Back then heads groundskeepers were retired fireman, cops etc. The grounds crew were part-time guys. Today's infields are made of composite materials that cost millions and they are carefully manicured. Back then the IF's were dirt. There were lot's of bad hops. If you watch that game you will see how the Infield got chewed up after a few innings from the players cleats. The outfielders were splashing around because of all the standing water from the prior day. Scott was the premier fielding 1B of his day. The stats don't translate to today. They just don't.... offensively or defensively. Youk is not the best fielding 1B in the game today. He is very, very good, but he is not the best. Tex is much better with the leather. No one was better than Scott in that era. It's got nothing to do with putting anyone on pedestals. Greatness is determined in the context of a player's contemporaries. You didn't see him play, and if you want to use stats to judge him, judge him against the stats of his peers.

J-Beck
03-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Gotta be Nomar. I used to love watching him play.

Spudboy
03-07-2010, 07:07 PM
Gotta be Nomar. I used to love watching him play.

Hahhahahaha!

I've been waiting for someone to make this post!

I saw Nomar play in Pawtucket and was impressed by his skills and his bony frame. He came to Boston and lit it up.

It's funny, I recently asked the board what constitutes an "Elite Shortstop". No one mentioned Nomar.

As far as I'm concerned, he had only one flaw in his game. An erratic arm. Other than that, he was the best shortstop in Boston since Luis Apericio (sp).

J-Beck
03-07-2010, 07:26 PM
I still think he'll finish his career in Boston.

Or so I can dream...

Dipre
03-07-2010, 07:32 PM
People were talking about current SS. Nomar hasn't been a SS for years. For that matter, no one mentioned Tejada, A-Rod or Barry Larkin.

BOSOX11
03-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Hahhahahaha!

I've been waiting for someone to make this post!

I saw Nomar play in Pawtucket and was impressed by his skills and his bony frame. He came to Boston and lit it up.

It's funny, I recently asked the board what constitutes an "Elite Shortstop". No one mentioned Nomar.

As far as I'm concerned, he had only one flaw in his game. An erratic arm. Other than that, he was the best shortstop in Boston since Luis Apericio (sp).

Rick Burleson deserves honorable mention.

Youk Of The Nation
03-08-2010, 11:20 PM
All Time: Pedro
Current: Youk

TheMino007
03-09-2010, 08:58 AM
I've met Bill Lee twice, the media portrays him (correctly lol) as a spacey out there guy, but when you talk to him he is a real nice guy.

Dojji
03-09-2010, 09:23 AM
BTW -- I like Jacoby Ellsbury for all the obvious reasons, plus one more -- he's a member of my faith.

RedSoxFan1983
03-11-2010, 11:00 AM
All Time : Manny (Best Hitter of his generation)
Current : Pedroia

dobalina
03-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Christopher Trotman Nixon
nuff said...

YeAuldBroade
03-11-2010, 11:54 AM
Out of those I saw play:

Dwight Evans, Yaz, Fred Lynn, Luis Tiant, Carlton Fisk and Pedro Martinez.

and I always had a soft spot for Dauber, streakiest hitter I ever saw.

a700hitter
03-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Out of those I saw play:

Dwight Evans, Yaz, Fred Lynn, Luis Tiant, Carlton Fisk and Pedro Martinez.

and I always had a soft spot for Dauber, streakiest hitter I ever saw.He was streaky. When he was hot, he looked like a batting champ, with good power. When the hot streak ended, he'd go so cold that he looked like he'd been struck blind. He would go through a couple of weeks without making any solid contact. He'd go for a week or two striking out on three pitches. He'd take the first one down the middle and then swing at two balls out of the zone. Then, all of a sudden, he'd become an incredibly tough out, and in the end he'dfinish with the exact same numbers each year whhich gave the erroneous impression that he was a consistent hitter.

TheKilo
03-11-2010, 07:04 PM
George C. Scott in Man Getting Hit by Football

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x169/Kafkateer/George_C_Scott.jpg

"argh, my groin!"

Aces.

I'd be interested to see how many "Favorite Red Sox" threads are on this board.

To answer the question, all time would be Pedro, Nomar, and Manny.

Current are JD Drew and Clay Buchholz.

RedSox2737
03-12-2010, 01:05 PM
All-time favorites: Carlton Fisk....he was a warrior.............and Spaceman..a flake, and a buffalo-head, but honest ; and both were big-time Yankee-haters

H2R
03-18-2010, 05:16 AM
All time: Manny
Red Sox that never was: Hanley
Current: Pedroia

abenoit17
03-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Nomar is by far my favorite player. When I was a kid I came to the game real early during the sox batting practice. Nomar came over to me and I got his autograph on a baseball. I cherished that baseball until one day I notice it was gone from my stand I had it on. i found it in my little brothers room with his autograph all over the baseball. Couldnt be more pissed

YeAuldBroade
03-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Nomar is by far my favorite player. When I was a kid I came to the game real early during the sox batting practice. Nomar came over to me and I got his autograph on a baseball. I cherished that baseball until one day I notice it was gone from my stand I had it on. i found it in my little brothers room with his autograph all over the baseball. Couldnt be more pissed
Do you still have a little brother or did he inexplicably turn up missing?

rhet
03-19-2010, 04:20 PM
Yaz and Nomar.

Current: Youk/Pedroia

rhet
03-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Lol!

I usually kill threads. This time I've incited a riot!

It's easy to see that Youk is the better all around player. Especially with all the new metrics to support the opinion. However, Youk is a very good defensive 1st baseman. Scott was spectacular. Most people who saw him play would acknowledge that. It's just not debatable.

And while Scotts OBP and OPS probably would not measure up to Youk's, he was a valuable part of the Sox offense and a "feared' hitter in his day. Again, having not seen him play, it would be difficult to understand this. I guess.

Absolutely right. Scott was in a league of his own at 1B.

Also, he was the 2nd best hitter on the 67 Sox. He popularized the word "tater" for his home runs.

Spudboy
03-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Absolutely right. Scott was in a league of his own at 1B.

Also, he was the 2nd best hitter on the 67 Sox. He popularized the word "tater" for his home runs.

What the fuck do you know rhet? Can you back your statement with OBP and OPS? j/k :D

"Da Boomer sho did hit some taters".

Most of the biggest and hardest hit balls I saw during his time in Boston were hit by Scott.

Only Boog Powell and Frank Howard could hit balls that hard and that far. All of them hit home runs that would dwarf the efforts of today's big bats.

*Sigh*

"Back in the day" there was a big screen above the left field wall. Behind it Lansdowne St.
Then about 150' of buildings. Beyond that, commuter rail tracks and the Mass Pike. Scott hit balls that landed on the tracks. Not all the time. But when he did, it would leave people sitting in their seats with their mouths a gape.

"Mercy".

ohiosplendidsplinter
03-19-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm an old timer. I saw Teddy Ballgame play a lot in Cleveland and, trust me, he was the greatest hitter who ever lived.

Jim Longborg was one of my favorite pitchers and Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, whom I knew were favorite BoSox.

rhet
03-19-2010, 04:58 PM
I heard one of the radio guys on EEI dissing his fielding one day. Felger, I think. The guy obviously knew nothing about him, except his weight. Total ignorance. Then a guy calls in to let to the idiot know that Scott had won 8 gold gloves. Total embarrassment.

Dipre
03-19-2010, 05:02 PM
I love to back arguments about player's defensive abilities with OBP and OPS. j/k.:harhar:

rhet
03-19-2010, 05:03 PM
I love to back arguments about player's defensive abilities with OBP and OPS. j/k.:harhar:

Prolly better than UZR... :lol:

Dipre
03-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Prolly better than UZR... :lol:

UZR is delicious with soy milk. Just sayin'.

Spudboy
03-19-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm an old timer. I saw Teddy Ballgame play a lot in Cleveland and, trust me, he was the greatest hitter who ever lived.

Jim Longborg was one of my favorite pitchers and Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, whom I knew were favorite BoSox.

I came too late for Williams but I would have to say he has to be one of the two greatest hitters in the history of the game. I wish I had been able to have seen him play.

Lonborg was HUGE! 1967 was a magical year.

Everyone loved the Hawk! Boston's own Joe Namath!

rhet
03-19-2010, 05:05 PM
UZR is delicious with soy milk. Just sayin'.

Hey, what do you think of my new run prevention specialist avatar, Dr. Stranglove?

Spudboy
03-19-2010, 05:07 PM

Lol!

You would agree (if you had seen him) that he was the best defensive 1st basement you had ever seen. "It's that simple".

rhet
03-19-2010, 05:10 PM
Lol!

You would agree (if you had seen him) that he was the best defensive 1st basement you had ever seen. "It's that simple".

Then again, ANYBODY who followed Dick Stuart at 1B would have looked outstanding!:blink:

Spudboy
03-19-2010, 05:21 PM
I heard one of the radio guys on EEI dissing his fielding one day. Felger, I think. The guy obviously knew nothing about him, except his weight. Total ignorance. Then a guy calls in to let to the idiot know that Scott had won 8 gold gloves. Total embarrassment.

I like Felger but he just was not there!

Scott was about the size of Papi. Maybe a little smaller around the waist. Not by much, though.

Several things made Scott an incredible defensive talent.

He could read a ball off the bat.

He had quick reflexes.

He was very fast on his feet.

"Soft" hands.

Flexibility. Few people could streach the way he could.

A strong, accurate arm.

Great baseball instincts. Kind of like a baseball Larry Bird.

Selfless sacrifice of his body. He'd go all-out for every ball. ALL THE TIME.

"Five tool players" did not exist then. But he was one.

Think "a first base Brooks Robinson".

Spudboy
03-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Then again, ANYBODY who followed Dick Stuart at 1B would have looked outstanding!:blink:

Lol.

PWNdroia
03-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Dustin Pedoria, then it would be Youkilis.

The only two batters who truly know how to hit on this team. Mike Lowell would be mixed in if he were healthy and not so old.

Dipre
03-19-2010, 05:39 PM

The only two batters who truly know how to hit on this team. Mike Lowell would be mixed in if he were healthy and not so old.

I love this guy.

He will bring the "Watch the games" and "Long live the stats" contingents together once more to battle his epic trolling.

PWNdroia
03-19-2010, 05:40 PM
I love this guy.

He will bring the "Watch the games" and "Long live the stats" contingents together once more to battle his epic trolling.

David Ortiz used to be my favorite until he started making outs and not hitting.

Dipre
03-19-2010, 05:42 PM
David Ortiz used to be my favorite until he started making outs and not hitting.

Ok.

Spudboy
03-19-2010, 05:46 PM
I just love Talksox.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dipre
03-19-2010, 05:49 PM
PWNdroia makes everything worthwhile.

Jasonbay44
03-19-2010, 06:24 PM

Agreed. V-Mart needs to work on his hitting, he doesn't know how to hit.

Spudboy
03-19-2010, 06:27 PM

V- Mart SUCKS!

ohiosplendidsplinter
03-19-2010, 06:41 PM
V- Mart SUCKS!

Yeah! Right!! Want to trade him back to Cleveland for a couple of stiffs?

kreinbihl34
03-19-2010, 06:57 PM
I feel so bad for Grady Sizemore.

Dipre
03-19-2010, 06:58 PM
I feel so bad for Grady Sizemore.

But he doesn't know how to hit either anyway.

HACK AND RUN!!!!11!!!!

bsox0407
03-19-2010, 07:00 PM

MO Vaughn was the worst hitter of all time followed closely by Manny Ramirez.

suns
03-19-2010, 07:36 PM
But he doesn't know how to hit either anyway.

HACK AND RUN!!!!11!!!!

Wowwwww!! Hack and run? And I thought I was the idiot on this site.

Spudboy
03-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Yeah! Right!! Want to trade him back to Cleveland for a couple of stiffs?

I have no idea who you are.

But I was kidding.

BTW, The Indians got a good young pitcher in return IIRC. And a shit load of chocolate chip cookies!

Spudboy
03-19-2010, 07:50 PM

:blink:

Wut?

Dipre
03-19-2010, 08:49 PM

You are the idiot on the site.

Read it again, slowly.

italstallianion
03-19-2010, 08:50 PM
You are one of the idiots on the site.

Read it again, slowly.

Dipre
03-19-2010, 08:51 PM
^ You, sir, would be correct.

Dojji
03-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Considering the history of that word in this fanbase, you may wish to find a different epithet.

Spudboy
03-19-2010, 09:23 PM
Considering the history of that word in this fanbase, you may wish to find a different epithet.

ohiosplendidsplinter
03-20-2010, 10:13 AM
I have no idea who you are.

But I was kidding.

BTW, The Indians got a good young pitcher in return IIRC. And a shit load of chocolate chip cookies!

Mostly a load of toll house cookies. You can count on the Indians giving away more than they receive!

PWNdroia
03-20-2010, 03:04 PM
I'm admitting to being an idiot on this website. but sometimes idiots are correct in their explanation of baseball.

Dipre
03-20-2010, 03:15 PM
I'm admitting to being an idiot on this website. but sometimes idiots are correct in their explanation of baseball.

No they're not.

Dojji
03-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Sometimes sure, but those are the exceptions that prove the rule.

ohiosplendidsplinter
03-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Next to Teddy Ballgame, Hawk Harrelson

WhiskeyBreath
03-26-2010, 01:26 AM
I always liked Millar.

Keeper
03-26-2010, 01:56 AM
Mark Bellhorn, of course.

troller
03-26-2010, 09:45 AM
Mark Bellhorn, of course.

Bellhorn is the GOAT. We need more players like him.

Dojji
03-26-2010, 10:15 AM
How long till the short bus arrives back at this stop and takes you guys back to where you belong?

troller
03-26-2010, 10:16 AM
How long till the short bus arrives back at this stop and takes you guys back to where you belong?

Please stay on topic.

yeszir
03-26-2010, 10:27 AM
Please stay on topic.

Indeed

Gom
03-26-2010, 11:01 AM

They missed the bus.

bsox0407
03-26-2010, 12:29 PM
They missed the bus.

Then they need a ride in your taxi. lol.

Welcome back.